YA Book Nerds discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
As the topic states, this is where the introductions will take place, so introduce yourself.

Okay, basic overview of my life. My name's Leslie, and I go to high school in the vast state of Texas. I'm a nerd in more ways than one, including band, books, and math. I play the flute and piccolo, which is basically a mini flute, read everyday, and spend more time at school than I do at home.

message 2: by Sydney (last edited Sep 01, 2013 09:29PM) (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi guys! I'm Sydney and I'm 18. I'm from the awesome state of bipolar weather, otherwise known as Texas! I just started college and it's already kicking my butt! :p I like to read (duh!), listen to music, watch movies. Although, I spend more time studying than anything. I also carry around a Wookiee in the drink pocket of my backpack, even though I've never seen Star Wars.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Hiya! Im Natalie, a mere 14 year old native of Wisconsin. I love to read, juat started high school, rearranged my bookshelf today, and play field hockey.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "Hiya! Im Natalie, a mere 14 year old native of Wisconsin. I love to read, juat started high school, rearranged my bookshelf today, and play field hockey."

I have no more bookshelf space. My dorm room depresses me. There's only one shelf and I have to use it for stupid text books. :(

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Sydney wrote: "Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "Hiya! Im Natalie, a mere 14 year old native of Wisconsin. I love to read, juat started high school, rearranged my bookshelf today, and play field hockey."

I ha..."

Sounds terrible. I don't know I would survive without my bookshelf.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) I have no more room either! i have apaces reserved for sequels, but thats it :(

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Yeah. I have reserved spaces like that too at home. But even at home, I don't have enough shelf space. I started stacking books on my desk and stuff. lol.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee Handley | 4 comments Hey guys. I'm Renee from California. I listen to music pretty much all day, and read tons. I play tennis and love sports. Oh ya, I am also 14 and just started sophomore year.

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Renee wrote: "Hey guys. I'm Renee from California. I listen to music pretty much all day, and read tons. I play tennis and love sports. Oh ya, I am also 14 and just started sophomore year."

I used to play tennis. Do you play doubles or singles?

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee Handley | 4 comments I play singles, but I think playing dubs is a lot more fun

message 11: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Hi my name is Tessa 16yrs old and im from holland . I love Ya and my all time favorite books are HARRY POTTER duh) The mortal instruments and the host

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate de Jesus | 1 comments Hi, my name is Kate and I'm from Las Vegas. My high school/ college days are past but my love for reading and YA never left me. I read a lot of YA and am usually reading two or three books at a time. I also just started learning the viola, so I think I qualify in the nerd department. Anyway, thanks for the invite, Leslie!
Kate de JesusDark Fate Falling

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Welcome everybody!

Renee - I have to agree with you. I always played doubles, but depending on your partner can determine whether or not it's more fun.

Tessa - Holland, huh? Sounds amazing.

Kate - No problem. Thanks for joining, which technically goes for everyone. :)

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Hey Em, thanks for joining! I checked out your blog and it's pretty awesome. Plus, I totally agree about the troubles finding stuff to read. Before Goodreads, I would spend half the school day in the library looking for a book.

message 15: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments Hi I'm Olivia and I like sports, acting, and reading and writing! lol this group looks awesome!

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Thanks for joining Olivia!!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) I like your pic Olivia, purple is my favorite!

message 18: by Em (new)

Em (readingthroughosmosis) Hi! I'm Emily, I'm a sophomore in high school, and i live in california. Reading is my absolute favorite thing!

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Welcome, Emily!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Temple | 3 comments Hi, I'm Lisa! I love my animals- I LOVE music (I was a country music agent in Nashville before I went to law school), and I never go anywhere without a book. I released my first YA novel in June, "Illuminating Gracie," and I'm happy to talk "words" with anybody/anytime. Thanks for the invite, Natalie! Illuminating Gracie by Lisa C. Temple

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Thanks for joining, Lisa. I just read about your book, and it sounds amazing. It's definitely going on my to read list.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyy everyone, Natalya here :). Umm, about me...I love reading, and chocolate, and candy and music....and I'm completely amazing XD. I could go on all day, but I really don't feel like it :P
Thanks for the invite, Natalie :D

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Temple | 3 comments Leslie wrote: "Thanks for joining, Lisa. I just read about your book, and it sounds amazing. It's definitely going on my to read list."

Ohhhh, thank you so much, Leslie! I'm having a great time making new friends and talking about books (my book and many others, as well). If I'm not careful, I won't finish the series because I'm having too much fun!!

message 24: by Jordon (new)

Jordon Scott | 3 comments Thanks for the invite Natalie. I really appreciate it.

Jordon Scott

message 25: by Luna (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Luna! I'm 13 and from Virginia. I LOVE reading, it is, in my opinion, the best thing ever!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Jordon wrote: "Thanks for the invite Natalie. I really appreciate it.

Jordon Scott"

no problem, thanks for coming :)

Paulina (The Little Book Pixie) (victoriayork) Hi there I'm Paulina from Mexico City, I'm 18 a college freshman in Graphic Design who also loves to read.

message 28: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Thanks for joining, Luna and Paulina!!

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Temple | 3 comments Hey Luna and Paulina! Welcome!

message 30: by Kim (new)

Kim | 5 comments Hello everyone, I am Kim and I am newer to the group. In my day job I work for 4 TV stations and I am a Mom. Love the beach and my cat-Dixie and especially reading! Going to be adding a British Golden retriever to the family soon! Glad to be here and look forward to the fun. Ttyl.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Hiya Kim!!!! nice to see you again :)

message 32: by Kim (new)

Kim | 5 comments Thanks Natalie.

message 33: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "I like your pic Olivia, purple is my favorite!"

thanks! I love purple things when they aren't usually purple.

message 34: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments Luna wrote: "Hi! I'm Luna! I'm 13 and from Virginia. I LOVE reading, it is, in my opinion, the best thing ever!"

hi! I love reading too!

message 35: by Kim (new)

Kim | 5 comments Hi Luna. Welcome to the group.

message 36: by Kim (new)

Kim | 5 comments Hey there Emily! Thanks for joining group. :-D

message 37: by eeleen (new)

eeleen (eeleenleen) Hey there! I'm Eeleen. I'm 21 and I'm a dental student! I love reading and music! :D

message 38: by Kim (new)

Kim | 5 comments Hello Eeleen...welcome! Glad to have you.

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethcordo) Hello Everybody:)
I'm Elizabeth and Natalie invited me, so thanks Natalie:). Um, I love reading(cuz you didn't know that:P) and Dance Moms, and that's about it. I do not, however, love school. This is most unfortunate considering I spend about 8 hours a day there(not to mention homework). I'm in an "I hate school" mindset because I just now finished my homework. UGHH

message 40: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (Poffium) | 6 comments Hi, I'm Cassie and I'll be 18 this Saturday. I obviously read, watch too much tv, and generally spend my days being lazy. I don't have a bookshelf, instead it's random piles if books around my room. I also love to bake.

message 41: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 44 comments Mod
Hi Elizabeth and Cassie, thanks for joining!!:)