Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

69 views
Book Cover Help > Need Help From A Librarian

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments I need help from a librarian changing a cover and adding my videos. Can someone please get back to me. Thank you, Maggie Carpenter. MagCarpenter@yahoo.com


message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "I need help from a librarian changing a cover and adding my videos. Can someone please get back to me. Thank you, Maggie Carpenter. MagCarpenter@yahoo.com"

Which book, where can we find the new cover, where can we find the videos?


message 3: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Buchanan | 16 comments HELP! I've just checked my account and someone has added The Wedding on to my account - yes it is my book but I already have it on my account - the one that needs removing is this one - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18....

On the original one which is the correct one I need the cover changing. The cover on there has never been used in print or ebook format. The actual cover the book was published with can be retrieved from:
http://www.lexibuchanan.com/lexibucha...


message 4: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Buchanan | 16 comments thank you for fixing this - there is only one edition though - someone else put the other one on. anyway, at least it has the actual cover on. thank you


message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "I need help from a librarian changing a cover and adding my videos. Can someone please get back to me. Thank you, Maggie Carpenter. MagCarpenter@yahoo.com"

Which book, where can ..."


Thank you very much for the response. I have the new cover on my desktop, and all my videos are on youtube, several of which I have in iMovie.


message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "Thank you very much for the response. I have the new cover on my desktop, and all my videos are on youtube, several of which I have in iMovie. "

As far as the book cover goes, you can upload it here:
http://www.goodreads.com/photo/author...

Youtube videos are OK, iMovie is not. Since you are a Goodreads author we cannot add a video for you, you must do it yourself. I think this should work. To add a video to your profile page you can go to this page and fill in the boxes:
http://www.goodreads.com/videos/new_a...

To find the "Video embed html code" that the page asks for you click on "share" under the video on Youtube. There is even a handy little Youtube video on the topic here:
www.youtube.com/v/3R1ysTlxiVY


message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Buckham (Mary_Buckham) | 19 comments I have 4 books in the Alex Noziak series, 2 Novels, INVISIBLE MAGIC and INVISIBLE POWER, and 2 novellas, INVISIBLE PRISON and INVISIBLE DUTY. INVISIBLE MAGIC is #1 in the series. INVISIBLE POWER is #2. The novella INVISIBLE PRISON is #0.5 and INVISIBLE DUTY is #1.5. Only INVISIBLE PRISON and INVISIBLE MAGIC show as part of the series. Can the other 2 books be added please? INVISIBLE DUTY as #1.5 and INVISIBLE POWER as #2. Thank you for the assistance.


message 8: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Mary wrote: "I have 4 books in the Alex Noziak series, 2 Novels, INVISIBLE MAGIC and INVISIBLE POWER, and 2 novellas, INVISIBLE PRISON and INVISIBLE DUTY. INVISIBLE MAGIC is #1 in the series. INVISIBLE POWER is #2. The novella INVISIBLE PRISON is #0.5 and INVISIBLE DUTY is #1.5. Only INVISIBLE PRISON and INVISIBLE MAGIC show as part of the series. Can the other 2 books be added please? INVISIBLE DUTY as #1.5 and INVISIBLE POWER as #2. Thank you for the assistance. "

done.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/1008...


message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary Buckham (Mary_Buckham) | 19 comments Thank you!


message 10: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Thank you very much for the response. I have the new cover on my desktop, and all my videos are on youtube, several of which I have in iMovie. "

As far as the book cover goes, you c..."


THANK YOU. Now I need to delete The Blog. I tried, but got this message:

Sorry, only users with librarian status can edit book & author data. If you'd like librarian status, please apply here. To report an inaccuracy to a librarian please visit the Goodreads Librarians Group.


message 11: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "Now I need to delete The Blog. I tried, but got this message:

Sorry, only users with librarian status..."


What do you mean by remove? Is Covert Cravings the new title for The Blog?


message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Thank you very much for the response. I have the new cover on my desktop, and all my videos are on youtube, several of which I have in iMovie. "

As far as the book cover goes, you c..."


Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Thank you very much for the response. I have the new cover on my desktop, and all my videos are on youtube, several of which I have in iMovie. "

As far as the book cover goes, you c..."



HAVING A BIG PROBLEM. There are two books, Elizabeth's Education and Elizabeth's Education, The Inheritance. When I upload one, it kick's out the other, even though I clear the fields and hit Save each time. Any suggestions?


message 13: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "HAVING A BIG PROBLEM. There are two books, Elizabeth's Education and Elizabeth's Education, The Inheritance. When I upload one, it kick's out the other, even though I clear the fields and hit Save each time. Any suggestions? "

Let us finish the other problem first. Is Covert Cravings the new title for The Blog?


message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Now I need to delete The Blog. I tried, but got this message:

Sorry, only users with librarian status..."

What do you mean by remove? Is Covert Cravings the new title for The Blog?"


Correct. New cover and new title.


message 15: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Banjomike wrote: "Maggie wrote: "HAVING A BIG PROBLEM. There are two books, Elizabeth's Education and Elizabeth's Education, The Inheritance. When I upload one, it kick's out the other, even though I clear the field..."

I figured this one out, thank goodness. :)


message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments BTW- I cannot access my email on Yahoo so I'm not getting alerts now, that you've posted. I'll do my best to keep checking here.


message 17: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "What do you mean by remove? Is Covert Cravings the new title for The Blog?"

Correct. New cover and new title. "


OK. Covert Cravings is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...
it is combined with The Blog so all the reviews/ratings are preserved. You can pick the default edition like this:

This is the procedure for setting the default edition of a book:
i) Go to the book page of the edition you wish to become the default/primary edition.
ii) Click "edit details" below the book's description.
iii) On the right side of the page about halfway down, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".
iv) Click "Save Changes"


message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Fabulous, thank you. Only note, there is no Malibu Dark attached to the Covert Cravings title. There will be no further books. I thought would this would be a series but no longer..


message 19: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "Fabulous, thank you. Only note, there is no Malibu Dark attached to the Covert Cravings title. There will be no further books. I thought would this would be a series but no longer.."

I can delete all references to the series if you want but it will also remove it from "The Blog". Are you happy with that?


message 20: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Yes, and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your help. I've been trying to get all this done for months. Thank you so much.


message 21: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "Yes, and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your help. I've been trying to get all this done for months. Thank you so much."

OK, all references to Malibu Dark series are gone.


message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments FANTASTIC. You're awesome. Thank you!!!

Next time I have an issue, can I contact you directly?


message 23: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Maggie wrote: "FANTASTIC. You're awesome. Thank you!!!

Next time I have an issue, can I contact you directly?"


The best place for any questions is here in the librarians group. There are always people here who can help.


message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Well this has been a first. I have tried on a number of occasions and this was my first result. THANK YOU.


back to top