~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Red Pyramid
Kane Chronicles > Narrators: Carter and Sadie

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
What's your opinion on the two distinctive narrators in this book? Which one did you like better? Do you like this style of writing? Did you enjoy the personality the two voices brought to the book?

Laurel (OwlPencil) | 4 comments I felt that Carter was a better narrator. Personally, I felt that he had the most character growth starting out as a wimp who always did as daddy told him into being his own man. I also found it fun to read Horus's thoughts in Carter's head.

Sadie's a weak character. She was annoying, overly confident and not fun to read. I think I would like the books more if it was told from Carter's perspective completely. I think I would enjoy Sadie more that way.

message 3: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
I think Sadie's narration fit her age. Carter's was more mature because of his age and responsibility as the older brother.

Jenelle Laurel wrote: "I felt that Carter was a better narrator. Personally, I felt that he had the most character growth starting out as a wimp who always did as daddy told him into being his own man. I also found it fu..."

I agree, especially in the first book. However, I felt that Sadie's "voice" got better/less annoying in book 2...

Laurel (OwlPencil) | 4 comments Jenelle wrote: "Laurel wrote: "I felt that Carter was a better narrator. Personally, I felt that he had the most character growth starting out as a wimp who always did as daddy told him into being his own man. I a..."

I just finished book two. You're right about Sadie's voice. It's better than the first one, but I still wanted to strangle her for being so selfish on her birthday. At least she acknowledges it later on.