Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Lynn Kurland
This topic is about Lynn Kurland
Archived: Series Reads > Kurland's Two Series: De Piaget & The MacLeods (Start Date: January, 2014) Preliminary Discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

We are planning on starting Lynn Kurland's De Piaget & The MacLeods series in January, 2014.

These two series intertwine - some are Time Travel and some are straight Historical Romance - and there is much discussion about the right reading order.

This is from Lynn Kurland's Website:
(view spoiler)

This one is suggested in her forum:
(view spoiler)

And this one is suggested by The Window Seat
(view spoiler)

Or the publication date? (GoodReads link)

So, where would you like to start? Another Chance to Dream (De Piaget, #1) by Lynn Kurland A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1) (Time Passages, #13) by Lynn Kurland or even Stardust of Yesterday (De Piaget, #11) by Lynn Kurland ??

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments My library has 2 of her books but none of the ones in the first post. and I won't be around in Jan so I don't think I'll participate but I wish I could!

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Where are you going in January? The wedding?

message 6: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Some of these are shorts that are part of anthologies. I know she has quite a few of those. Do we want to include them?

I kind of like the one suggested on her forum, skipping the ones in the anthology or letting people read them on their own. That seems a good order for the books.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments yes the wedding , we leave on the 12th but I can see myself running errands and buying this and that the first 2 weeks of Jan.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Sep 01, 2013 02:44PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I've actually read more of her stories in the anthologies than her books, I think. They are what caused me to start reading her books, the stories were so good.

I don't mind reading them on my own. That is what we usually do.

message 9: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I think I've only read the one that's in Tapestry.

I'm sorry you can't join us ShoSho. Weddings can certainly keep you busy!!

message 10: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'd love to join in on this. Is read the short in Tapestry. I liked it. I'm not particular as to which way we go. Just point me to the reading order we will follow :)

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Great, Susan!

message 12: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Great. Susan!

message 13: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (anne21) These books look great - I love everything medieval. In terms of the order - I rather like the order proposed in The Window seat. According to the reviewer (who apparently has read them all)this gives us an opportunity to meet and get to know the characters before they get their own book.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) This is a new to me author and I'd love to give her a go. The first two de Piaget books are bundled together in eBook so I'll use my latest Kobo coupon and get it :0)

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Great, Anne and Lauren! Yes, I do like The Window Seat's order.

message 16: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm good with the order suggested by The Window Seat. I've read almost all of them (most out of order)and I can't wait to read them again in order.

message 17: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments where are you finding the ebooks on KOBO? I have looked for them and can't find them. Thanks!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) ~Leslie~ wrote: "where are you finding the ebooks on KOBO? I have looked for them and can't find them. Thanks!"

The first two books are in a bundle under a different title: A Time for Love. Here's the LINK

message 19: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Perfect, thanks a bunch!! I will definitely be picking that one up. I found it on Amazon as well. Perfect!

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Yeah, I also found it on Amazon but they don't have the neat coupons that Kobo do :0)

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments FYI, audible.com of this series -- some are available. I may get Another Chance to Dream (De Piaget, #1) by Lynn Kurland , but I don't know about the rest. I have a lot of them in paperback; I'm just going to have to dig that box out of the garage and go through it.

message 22: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Me, too LK! I'll post on here which ones I have. Some of them aren't out in ebook form yet. So silly! I might think about listening to one or two, though.

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments So, we're going to use the reading order from The Window Seat? I'll have to dig this weekend and see what I can find.

message 24: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm good with doing that one.

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Sep 12, 2013 11:15AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sounds good to me, too.