The Host (The Host, #1) The Host discussion

All In favor for a sequel... Say I

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Angeline Joseph I really want a sequel to this book. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting but still nothing. Recently, I came across few of my friends who didn't want a sequel to the book and accused Stephenie of just wanting more money. And I have to say I'm shocked. What are your thoughts? Should it have sequel or what?

I'mogén Although I loved this book, I don't think I want a sequel... To be honest, I just don't want the opportunity to be unsatisfied and disappointed, as I have with a few sequels and a little with the movie. I just don't want a chance of another bad book and another crap movie.

The ending (I know there is a newer ending chapter, which I am not referring to as I haven't read it) is an obvious sequel bait, I think, but I'm just hoping it stays as a single, well written, one-off novel. :)

Sandy She originally wrote it as the first in a trilogy. I am curious to see where she saw the story going. Plus, it's my favorite book to date so I'm all in =)

Becca Rose I don't think a sequel to this book is necessary but if there is one I'll read it!

message 5: by Courtney (last edited Sep 01, 2013 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Courtney Davis "I" but I seriously doubt Stephanie Meyer is gonna right another one

Angeline Joseph Courtney wrote: ""I" but I seriously doubt Stephanie Meyer is gonna right another one"

Me too...*sigh*

message 7: by Mirkat (new) - added it

Mirkat [It's actually "aye," as opposed to "nay." Used in legislative settings--look up a bill on your state senate's web site and see how many "aye" votes and "nay" votes the bill received. If the bill passes, then "the ayes have it."]

Ellie Gibbons "aye" i think a sequel would be awsome

message 9: by Kaelyn (new) - added it

Kaelyn Aye!!

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara AYE!!!!!!

message 11: by Rain (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rain Drew The Host is a good book whether or not it becomes a series, but a sequel would certainly add to it if it was well written.

Kathryne Kole AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE!!!!!!!!!!!

Swathika Manu AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE !
I definetly want a sequel!!!

message 14: by Dima (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dima Sharif I would love a sequel, but honestly whenever a sequel is out its ruined (most not all books). let's keep it the way it is if a sequel comes out and its not as we expected were going to be really disappointed and it will ruin the image of the first one. so I say lets leave it as an untouched incredible book.

Darcia I!!!

whoufflestories Aye!

But I don't think it would come right away. Maybe she had writers block, maybe she has stuff going on but I think she will write one.

She said in a interview concerning the movie that the actress who played Melanie/Wanda would have to do some crazy stunts if they another movie which means she probably has an idea of what she wants to write for a sequel.

Besides, the ending she wrote was basically a set up for a sequel.
:)

Kellie Mild Aye!

I don't think she will end up writing another book though. Also as a person and an author, Meyers isn't exactly reliable. Also in a recent interview she stated that if she were to write anything about twilight it would be how the characters die. In middle school I thought the books were cute when I read them, but the fact that she is insulting one of the things that made her as famous as she is, is an insult to her fans. I loved The Host and I hope she would write more books so I could live and enjoy the world she created a little longer. Unfortunately she has yet to start working on The Host and I think she will just drop, like she has dropped other of her writing projects. If you say you are going to write something and get your fans hopes up then you should probably write it. Maybe I just don't like Meyers even though I did enjoy The Host. Either way I hope that she continues writing and one day goes back to The Host world.

Chelsea Why must everything have a sequel nowadays? Why can't authors develop NEW characters more regularly. I liked this book, but I'm dreading the sequel (and yes, apparently she's going to make it a trilogy). I'll probably read them, but I would be happier leaving it where it is. I thought it was an interesting concept for a single book, but I'm just not sure there's enough there to sustain more books.

Angeline Joseph Mirkat wrote: "[It's actually "aye," as opposed to "nay." Used in legislative settings--look up a bill on your state senate's web site and see how many "aye" votes and "nay" votes the bill received. If the bill..."
Oops sorry.... I didn't know.

message 20: by Mirkat (new) - added it

Mirkat Angeline wrote: "Oops sorry.... I didn't know."

No worries--now you do. :)

message 21: by Roua (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roua i would want a sequel for a book i didnt like the movie though

message 22: by Dima (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dima Sharif Chelsea wrote: "Why must everything have a sequel nowadays? Why can't authors develop NEW characters more regularly. I liked this book, but I'm dreading the sequel (and yes, apparently she's going to make it a t..."

I agree.

Valee I but i hope she doesn't write the sequel for moneys..

Sorcha94 IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiii..............!:-)

Anubhuti Dwivedi I....:)

message 26: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line If SM could/would do it right, I would absolutely love a sequel, but if she's gonna make a half-assed book, then I'll rather go without...

So, I'm both a 'yay' and a 'nay'...

message 27: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line I'mogén wrote: "Although I loved this book, I don't think I want a sequel... To be honest, I just don't want the opportunity to be unsatisfied and disappointed, as I have with a few sequels and a little with the m..."

About the extra chapter, the copy of the book that I have, has one, and if it's the one you're talking about, (view spoiler)

Cecilia Carreon Line wrote: "If SM could/would do it right, I would absolutely love a sequel, but if she's gonna make a half-assed book, then I'll rather go without...

So, I'm both a 'yay' and a 'nay'..."

AGREED.

Kristyna Doon i'm in favour of the sequel....

Rebecca Aye. Although I'm somewhat scared of it being a disappointment, I just love the characters (mostly Ian), and I want to see more of them! :) I don't think Stephanie Meyer would disappoint me, I hope!

message 32: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Rebecca wrote: "Aye. Although I'm somewhat scared of it being a disappointment, I just love the characters (mostly Ian), and I want to see more of them! :) I don't think Stephanie Meyer would disappoint me, I hope!"

Ian is wonderfull, I'm with you there...!

message 33: by J.A. (new) - rated it 2 stars

J.A. Kenney Please no...Not that anyone will listen to me but if she must at least list it as YA....

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

The biggest I in the whole world!!! I love this book

Jools Since this was book 1 of 3 the next two being named The Seeker and The Soul. I have no choice but see it through to the end.

message 36: by Alfaniel (last edited Sep 12, 2013 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alfaniel Aldavan The ending didn't seem to me intended for a sequel.

I think, as much as I loved the idea of the world in The Host, that I don't see how new interesting turns could be happening again in that setting. It feels like the story has been awesome, but it has been told and rounded up. My lack of imagination, perhaps.

Since you asked, though: Nay.

Naomi meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... iiiiiiii doooooooooooo!!!!!1

Deelasha Rayamajhi i loved the book more than twilight series so hell yesssss

Nicole totally should have a sequel, I liked this book more than twilight.

message 40: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally Yes, definitely. I think that there are going to be three. 1) the host 2) the soul 3) the seeker

Naomi ohhhh i agree!

Dennis J. I am a Stephanie Myer fan. Of course I am all for her writing another series, I am pretty sure "The Host" would roll into one if she really thought about it. Sure, I would be buying the next book out from her. So, yes an "AYE" would be in order lol.

Katie watling i don't know i really liked the ending of the book and making another might ruin it, there's nothing really else to tell apart from the other colonies of humans and if they get the world back but to be honest i really like how it can be left to the readers imagination. i'll definitely read the second book if she makes one as the host is my FAVOURITE book of all time!! hopefully Stephanie will make the books in different points of view or do something different. i have heard that she's currently making a second book as when the film was being made she told them not to add anything that would focus on music because that is gong in the second book :)

Inyourgravity I would LOVE more than anything to know more about my babies, aka, O'Wanda. But I don't really want a full length sequel, maybe just short stories?

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Jessica O'Brien there actually are 2 sequels coming out pretty soon...

Shawn Aye!

message 47: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Jessica wrote: "there actually are 2 sequels coming out pretty soon..."

I know she has been known to say, that there are two sequels coming out, but I haven't seen anything official to back it up, so I'm holding my horses...

Wandahost I'm think there is no need for a sequel,because it ended in good terms and if there is a sequel something has to go wrong (like fav characters dying or splitting).So, I don't want to read that.

Kristina I completely understand your point but I think that I would rather wait a while until she is ready to create something awesome and worth reading instead of her rushing thru it to please us..bc I would be disappointed if she put anything less then her all into it. :)Kellie wrote: "Aye!

I don't think she will end up writing another book though. Also as a person and an author, Meyers isn't exactly reliable. Also in a recent interview she stated that if she were to write anyth..."

message 50: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma AYE!!!! PLEASE!!!! SEQUEL PLEASE!!!!!!!

« previous 1