She-Geeks discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
Sci-fi & Fantasy Literature > The Name of the Wind

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) This month's read for our novel is the fantasy work, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

Please be sure to tag all spoilers!

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments Wow - no comments? Did anyone read this?

I know I'm finishing this (really) late, but picked up the paperback cheap on Amazon, and finally got around to it.

And it's amazing .

I was beginning to wonder if there were any decent modern male storytellers (read Laini Taylor, Cinda Williams Chima, or Malinda Lo if you wonder what I'm talking about) - but apparently there's at least one, and it's Rothfuss.

I would heartily recommend this to anyone interested in fantasy - after 700+ pages, I can't wait to get the next book to find out how the story continues. Rothfuss has a flair for storytelling, and the book is written in a fascinating story within a story (sometimes within a story), and it's definitely compelling...

message 3: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
I absolutely meant to read this and then life took over. It is absolutely my kind of book. (Also an extra shout out to Malinda Lo, I love her work).

I do hope to get to it eventually, when I do I'll jump into this old thread to discuss it with you, great to hear that you're enjoying it!

message 4: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
I've sped through this in a couple of days and I'm determined to finish it tonight. I'm really enjoying it but I do think there are some tiny plot holes which annoy me.