Robert Jordan's:The Wheel of Time discussion

The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
This topic is about The Fires of Heaven
The Fires of Heaven Read Along Part IV

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Welcome all! This week Eivind, our ever fearless and insightful commenter, came up with the questions. We’re covering Chapters 17-24 this time around. Join us here or the blogosphere: http://dabofdarkness.com/2013/09/01/t...

With that, keep in mind spoilers are free-ranging below, grazing on the unwary.

1. The menagerie reads like a sitcom on wheels. What are your impressions? Will Cerandin play a role? Do you recognise someone else we haven't seen for a while?

2. Moghedien recruits the rogue Black Ajah. Speculations on the orders they were given? Just how much danger is Nynaeve and Elayne in, now?

3. Morgase finally escapes Gaebril, with some other old friends returning to the story. Will she ever be back in power? Was Lini as expected?

4. Rand seems to be having a brewing identity crisis. Is this a manifestation of the madness, genuine memories from a past life surfacing, or maybe both? Do you think his insistence on being himself only will work?

5. The Rand-Aviendha plot seems about ready to explode, don't you think? Is there a resolution in sight?

6. Our heroes turn back another attack out of nowhere seemingly doomed to fail. Moiraine says not to think the Forsaken simple, but I'm having a hard time not to. Thoughts?

message 2: by Justin (new) - added it

Justin Bucher | 11 comments By chapter 20, I'm completely confused haha

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Justin wrote: "By chapter 20, I'm completely confused haha"

Yeah. This was one of those sections that seemed all over the place with plot threads twisting away from the main pattern.