YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1)
This topic is about Freak of Nature
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Freak of Nature (IFICS #1) by Julia Crane - Restarting August 10th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83082 comments Mod
Donate Body to Science. Check.
When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–stolen from her. She awakens one day in a secret laboratory to discover that her body is now half-robot and is forced to hide her own secret: that she still has human emotions and a human mind. If the scientists who made her find out, they’ll erase what remains of who she was.

Kaitlyn finds an unlikely ally in Lucas, a handsome, brilliant scientist who can’t get over the guilt he feels knowing she was once a vibrant, beautiful young woman. He never expected a science project to affect him the way she does. As he tries to help her rediscover her past, he finds himself falling for the brave girl struggling to find her place and acceptance between the human and computer worlds.

Abbie and I will be reading this on September 8th 2013. Everybody welcome ☺

This is available for review on netgalley here:
https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/sho...

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
I'll be starting this one tomorrow night instead. Need to finish blurred, and i'll be out all tomorrow morning.

Okay ☺ I need to finish blurred and no one's angel. it would be a lot easier if my kindle wasn't otherwise occupied though!

Starting this one now. :)

...Well, i was going to start!
Cousin come round, urgh!

I read the first few pages earlier but got distracted. It didn't really grab me. I'll start again a bit later ☺

18% Really not feeling this at all. I can't even put my finger on what it is, it just isn't right. (view spoiler) I feel a bit ineloquent today for some reason.

I'm not getting on well with it either.

I like the robot at the end of the chapters, it's cute.

I thought that too ☺

message 10: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

32% - Still not really liking it.. I think it might be because of how robotic Kaitlyn is. I know it's the plot, but i read what she says in a robotic type of way, and it's making me bored!
It's like listening to my science teacher all over again. (His voice always stayed on one level, even when he shouted at pupils! Always made me sleepy.)

I'm bored.

message 12: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

43% - $375 for a bottle of perfume?! crazy!

30% She's just such a robot "Do you like trees?", "They are needed for clean air so yes."
How can he fancy her? He probably gets the hots for the latest vax too.

33% I just don't feel the sincerity when he tells her that she's the most beautiful woman he has ever laid eyes on.

also, if she's more machine than man, and has these plastic bits, how does she still have blood for them to sample? cause they were taking it from her arm? and if her heart is now a machine rather than an organ, how does it know to pump faster when she exercises? is there even any need for it to pump faster if she's a machine? surely her brain still needs oxygen? how do they keep her machine parts working? what fuel does she use? I'm so ick about this book.

I wonder how human-like she is? I thought it odd in this other book that I read that they made robots capable of having sex.

message 17: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

There's hardly explanations at all.
I didn't feeling the sincerity either.

50% they're going to play paintball now?

what an utter load of poo. this is most definitely a contender for the worst book of the year for me.

message 20: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

I'm still like 50% in.
Need to go shopping so i'll finish it later.

It's rubbish though. :(

utter pants.

message 22: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

After the ending was the worst one i read this year, but second place is defiantly between this or Earth girl!

Ah yes, I had forgotten after the ending was this year. other bad ones were After Obsession by Carrie Jones Gifts of the Blood (The Angel's Edge, #1) by Vicki Keire The Deception by Emma Riley Water by Natasha Hardy Yesterday's Gone Episode 1 (Yesterday's Gone, #1) by Sean Platt Kiss of the Butterfly by James Lyon Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes Fire (Elements of Power, #1) by Heather James Gemini Rising by Eleanor Wood Black Spring by Alison Croggon Indelible (The Twixt, #1) by Dawn Metcalf

actually, this could turn into a loooooooong list!

message 24: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

I really need to read Gemini rising to get rid of it! Will most likely be a DNF though!
I also really need to read a few angel books for the same reason, Angel ones are getting worse and worse!

message 25: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Going to read a bit more of this now.

Abbie wrote: "I really need to read Gemini rising to get rid of it! Will most likely be a DNF though!
I also really need to read a few angel books for the same reason, Angel ones are getting worse and worse!"

I quite liked Lash (Broken Angel, #1) by L.G. Castillo which was an angel book. The author is sending me the sequel when it releases though so I'm hoping that will be good too!

message 27: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

69% - Did something actually just happen? I liked how she helped the woman.. Story is still rubbish though.

I had lost the will to live by that point.

message 29: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Finished.

For a short book, it sure felt long!

**************************************************************************************************************

Restarting October 25th 2013

***************************************************************************************************************

message 31: by Abbie (last edited Oct 25, 2013 01:24PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Good luck on finishing this one.

Sarah and i thought it was pants, hopefully you enjoy it more. :)

message 32: by Tash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tash (najazi) I'm only a few chapters in, but it's quite weird already.

message 33: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Tash wrote: "I'm only a few chapters in, but it's quite weird already."

I'm finally starting this, Tash. Sorry it took so long.

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Rachel and I will be starting this September 1st if anyone wants to join us!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I'm going to go ahead and jump in soon, Rachel! :D I'm super excited!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 26%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 50%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 80%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth wrote: "80%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Sarah wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "80%:

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I expected a lot more. The blurb sounded so good!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Sarah wrote: "I expected a lot more. The blurb sounded so good!"

Yes, I agree with you on that one!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Finished. Review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

(view spoiler)

Ick is the right word.

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting August 10th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

20%

(view spoiler)

49%

(view spoiler)

70%

(view spoiler)

79%

(view spoiler)