The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

GROUP READS > Where'd You Go, Bernadette Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16196 comments Mod
If you choose to read Where'd You Go, Bernadette for the Group Reads task (or another task for that matter) here's the place to discuss it.

WARNING: This thread may contain spoilers!

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments I read this book last season and it was one of my favorites - there was something just quirky about her...and the POV used was unique

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments I have been trying to decide between this one and Cleopatra's Daughter so I am glad to hear you liked it so much, Dee.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4084 comments Kathryn, I have been trying to make the same decision. I must admit the cover puts me off on this book, but having Dee recommend it helps.

message 5: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Bassham (sophronisba) I read it a few months back and I can vouch for it being a very fun book that reads very quickly. I had some issues with it, particularly the ending -- but I really enjoyed it, too.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16196 comments Mod
Gayla wrote: "I read it a few months back and I can vouch for it being a very fun book that reads very quickly. I had some issues with it, particularly the ending -- but I really enjoyed it, too."

I'll add my 2 cents worth to the same effect - it's quick and fun. Unfortunately, I've read all 3 of the group reads already (and, actually, enjoyed all 3), but I read this much too recently to want to re-read it.

message 7: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 420 comments Very quick read and highly entertaining. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down! I can relate to Bernadette on many levels: annoying parents at my kids' school, neighbors who get on my nerves, and still not quite fitting in to my adopted state (MN) after 12 years! I liked the multiple points of view, as well as the relationship between Bernadette and her daughter. It was touching that Bee knew in her heart that Bernadette just wouldn't up and leave her since they were so close.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (sureshot26) | 771 comments I really got a huge kick out of this one, so much so that I can't believe I stalled on reading it for so long. Being a resident of the Pacific Northwest's little-sister city of Portland, I find Semple's skewering of Seattle (and NW corporate culture in particular) to be absolutely spot-on, so much so that I snorted in several places. She has a perfectly tuned ear for how things work, and don't, up here, and I find Bernadette endlessly endearing because of it. Semple's humor might not be to everyone's taste, but it certainly is to mine.

message 9: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
What a cute book! I loved the use of various points of view and forms of communications (letters, email, faxes, etc.) to tell the story. I always think it's interesting to see how people's perception of a situation differs based on their personality and life experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed this quick, fun read.

message 10: by Donna Jo (new)

Donna Jo Atwood | 3157 comments I read this book earlier this year and mostly enjoyed it. I don't know which of the three books I'll pick to re-read because I've already "done" them, but this is the most recent.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments BDT - you need to post this for the best review for next season...you hit the nail on the head for how I felt

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Sep 10, 2013 12:13PM) (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Michelle WI

I really enjoyed this book! I especially enjoyed the different formats (email, fax, etc) used to let us see the story through different characters eyes. I found this book to be quirky in such a good way. I found myself tangled up in these people lives, seeing it from other perspectives and still not quite sure what was going on. I was a tad disappointed with parts of the ending (there were pieces of "evidence" and back story that I don't think worked), however I would recommend this book to someone looking for a different kind of read. 4 stars!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Dee wrote: "BDT - you need to post this for the best review for next season...you hit the nail on the head for how I felt"

I agree Band Director Terry... GREAT review!

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments One of the 20 pointers each season is best review -when thread goes up you can post to it to be voted on

message 15: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Dee wrote: "One of the 20 pointers each season is best review -when thread goes up you can post to it to be voted on"

Here's the link: FUN & GAMES & CONTESTS > Best Review Contest (Fall 2013)

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments Thanks kristi!

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 696 comments I thought this book was a clever yet quirky satire which made me laugh out loud at parts. I liked the creative delivery too (different POV's, letters, emails, etc.). The ending came together a little too nicely for me however overall I really enjoyed this read. 5 stars and I'd recommend to friends.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments I thought the same Patricia...the only thing stopping it from being a 5 star read for me was the ending...I had questions left over

message 19: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 520 comments What a delightful book! I enjoyed every minute of reading this very funny, smart, and quirky novel. I thought it was very original and clever in the way events of the story were connected with emails, invoices, school memos, and private correspondence.
I loved the wit, satire and the characterizations. Bernadette, definitely, was the most interesting. Was she crazy? I don't think so. Ellen, manager of Antarctic operations, describes her best when she exclaims, "Lucky for you I'm partial to weirdos, enigmas, and geniuses." Of course Bee is a gem. At the heart of this story is the powerful love between a daughter and her mother.

message 20: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 896 comments Am I the only person that thought that Bernadette was one of the most SANE people in the whole book? That Audrey Griffin...wow! She's walking the edge isn't she? LOL

message 21: by Denise (new)

Denise | 459 comments Sassafrass wrote: "Am I the only person that thought that Bernadette was one of the most SANE people in the whole book? That Audrey Griffin...wow! She's walking the edge isn't she? LOL"

Just finished this book, and I definitely agree! Bernadette and Bee were really the only major characters I felt any sympathy for. Surrounded by jerks and made to feel like an outsider, Bernadette withdrew from everyone and displayed many symptoms of depression. This book was a good mixture of satire, humor, and mystery. On the negative side, some of the plot details seemed pretty unlikely. And while I really enjoyed the way the story was told through various documents and several points of view, at times it seemed that everything was in the same "voice," no matter who was speaking or writing. But still I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a highly readable, entertaining story. 4 stars.

message 22: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 896 comments I finished too, and I totally agree, D. I really had issues with pretty much all of the characters at some point during the story, but really Elgin, Audrey (for most of the book--she redeemed herself in the end), and Soo-Lin really took the cake. It's amazing how self-centered some people can be.

I was so proud of Bee and how she had her mother's back as much as her mom had hers when she was small.

The one thing that struck me as odd though was the scene with the Rockettes and the Gospel Choir. What was that about? It just seemed so random.

message 23: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments I loved the idea of the 20 mile house

message 24: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 896 comments Dee wrote: "I loved the idea of the 20 mile house"

yeah, that was she definitely was a visionary there. I couldn't believe what happened to it. that was sad.

message 25: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments yeah...I do kinda think the ending was a tad unresolved...although, I guess we found out where she was...I just wanted more!

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela | 493 comments Just finished reading this book and gave it four stars. I love when books are written in unique ways, such as this one with letters, emails, memos, faxes, etc. I found myself laughing out loud at Bernadette's encounter with Audrey over the mudslide incident. Audrey is fuming and ranting and Bernadette's reaction is all calm and collected. Like most said, it would have been nice to hear more about what happened with Audrey and Soo-Lin. Overall, and enjoyable read that kept me turning the pages.

message 27: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (bluemoon286) | 1839 comments I liked that the story was presented in a unique way but I did not really connect to any of the characters. I also agree that I thought that the book ended a bit too soon. There should have been more to it than there was. I gave it 3 stars.

message 28: by Janet F (new)

Janet F (janet_f) | 456 comments I found the book very entertaining. At first I thought I would not like the writing in form of letters, emails etc but I was pleasantly surprised. I felt it even worked out well with the audiobook version. I laughed frequently with the quirky characters and 'seattle-humor'. Living near Seattle I could relate and visualize the mudslide, LOL. Several times while reading it I thought "I have to give this a 5 star for the great laughs" but the ending seemed a little stunted to me so I had to drop it a notch.
I wish I could visit the Twenty Mile House & set my DVR for the next TEDtalk for a glimpse of Elgin's socks. REALITY CHECK , fiction. Darn the neighbor, anyway!!

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments I found it enjoyable. I liked the use of diffferent formats but I had problem with the narration parts, especially Bee's after the disappearance. I gave it 3 stars.

message 30: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17872 comments Mod
I really liked this book. Like Sandy in post 7 some parts really rang true. (Though I'm not expecting any conversions from the "Audreys" I know) I do agree with D in post 24, despite the different formats the voice didn't change much. But it was still fun and witty and touching. I liked the ending. The reappearance of the locket made me forgive Elgin (a little)

message 31: by Chris (last edited Sep 26, 2013 02:04PM) (new)

Chris (chrismd) | 967 comments Chris MD

This is one of those books that really holds your attention while you’re reading it. It is clever, occasionally funny, and sometimes poignant. Then you finish it and all the inconsistencies and plot holes start popping up in your head. And that’s where I find myself now with this book. The more I think about it, the more problems I find. I don’t normally write spoilers into a review, but I’m going to make an exception on this one. You have been warned.
The story is told in a dossier form: bits and pieces of emails, faxes, reports, and written comments from Bee, a 15-year-old girl in Seattle, daughter of the eponymous Bernadette. Bee is trying to figure out why her mother has disappeared.
As we begin to read the long-winded, chatty emails Bernadette Fox sent to her "virtual assistant" in India, it becomes clear she's got some mental health issues. Alright, she comes across as just plain nuts. She goes off on how much she hates Seattle, how much she hates the other mothers of her daughter's new-age private school, how much the other mothers hate her (she's right about this), and how she does everything possible not to leave the massive former school for wayward girls that she and her Microsoft executive husband Elgin and their daughter live in. Slowly we also learn her backstory as a brilliant young architect in Los Angeles, where the "bad thing" happened, and then the escape to Seattle, where she suffered four miscarriages before giving birth to Bee, who was "blue baby" - born with a malformed heart that required multiple surgeries before she was five. So clearly, Bernadette also appears to have some good reasons for not wanting to interact with the rest of the world.
Meanwhile, email exchanges between two mothers from Bee’s school show their total fixation on themselves and their mean-girl joy in tearing apart the enigmatic, reclusive Bernadette. Plans for a swanky brunch to attract “Mercedes parents” (MPs) to the school give them new reasons to pile on Bernadette. And that, coupled with Bernadette and Elgin’s agreement to take Bee on a cruise to Antarctica despite Bernadette’s obvious problems, sets up an emotional house of cards that you know is going to come tumbling down like the side of a hill in rainy Seattle when you removed all the ground cover that’s holding it place (yes, you will be able to see the mudslide coming a mile away).
This does make for a fine story if you like watching train wrecks, because it’s clear that’s where Bernadette’s life is headed. The problems start to crop up here and there like the blackberry vines that are slowly destroying Bernadette’s house and the surrounding hillside.
For starters, Bernadette would be a lot more sympathetic if you could believe that her mental issues began after the move to Seattle. However, as more of the back story is revealed, it becomes clear she’s pretty much always been like this. In fact, it becomes hard to believe that Bernadette’s personality would have ever allowed her to get close enough to someone to marry him.
Bee comes across as way too young. While she’s supposed to be brilliant, her actions, and those of her friend Kennedy, sound much more like those of an 11-year-old. This started to grate on me after a while.
Then there are the inconsistencies. One of the school moms says she tried googling Bernadette and found absolutely nothing about her. Given that we learn Bernadette once received a McArthur genius grant and that one of her architectural projects has become a staple in most college architectural curriculums—not to mention that she’s married to a major executive at Microsoft who, as we’re told repeatedly, has the fourth most viewed TEDtalk on the Internet—it seems impossible there wouldn’t be several mentions of her on the web. Heck, you can find much of my past history on there, and I’m still waiting for my genius award. It’s a rather bad ploy early in the book to try to make Bernadette more mysterious.
When we get to what really happened in LA, one of the speakers notes that “there were no cell phones in 1992.” Dead wrong. While they wouldn’t fit in your pocket, there were definitely cellphones in 1992, and high-end real estate agents in Los Angeles would have been using them. (Other reviewers on Amazon have noted that Semple got a number of other facts wrong in the book.)
It is impossible to believe that Bernadette would have been able to leave the country—or even take a plane from Seattle to Miami--without anyone knowing about it. The FBI was looking for her, for heaven’s sake! Likewise, there’s no way the crew of the cruise ship would have blown off Elgin and Bee when Bernadette fails to get off the ship. As the captain’s report later points out, they knew Bernadette was missing some time before the ship reached port. I would think most cruise companies would make this a Big Hairy Deal, not just say, “Yep, we swept the ship. She’s not there. Oh, well.”
And whatever happened to the Russian mafia? Last we heard they had stolen all of Bernadette and Elgin’s frequent flyer miles and were on their way to the United States. They’re never heard from again. Did they clean out the bank accounts? At least try to charge some fancy lingerie from Victoria’s Secret? This whole story line fizzled.
Another side story that went nowhere: Bee seems to have some kind of religious epiphany at the Christmas show she goes to see with the church group. But then what?
Then there’s Soo-lin and the baby. At the end of the book Bernadette still doesn’t know that another woman is pregnant with her husband’s child. You gotta think that after four miscarriages this is not going to go over well with a woman who isn’t emotionally stable.
Which brings me to the fact that the end is totally unsatisfying. Bernadette hasn’t really dealt with her issues. Her letter to Bee shows a woman who is completely selfish and is laying a guilt trip on her daughter (I’ll come home if you want me to, but I really, really want to stay in Antarctica and do my architectural thing here.) There’s no attempt to make up for, or even really face, what’s happened in the past other than to say she’s sorry. There are just too many loose ends.
I listened to the audio version of this book. Kathleen Wilhoite does a brilliant job of narrating (except for the Australian/New Zealand accents), and listening to her sing "Oh Holy Night" a capella was a special treat.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I really enjoyed the book but found the whole hiding out in Antarctica thing a bit too farfetched. I also wanted to know more about what happened after Bernadette returned home. How would she cope with her husband fathering another woman's baby? Especially after all the miscarriages she had.

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments i guess for me, while the ending bugged me some, knowing about the other kid didn't affect it...the title was where'd you go bernadette...I figured after finding her, everything was moot

message 34: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 54 comments At first I didn't really like the beginning of the story with all the emails and notes between different persons...it was a bit boring and hard to follow but then as I plunged on and understood how it was to be pulled together using those notes and emails it all made sense.

I can relate so much to Bernadette...being slightly agoraphobic myself. It was a funny yet sad story for me to take in because of that but well worth reading!

message 35: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) | 520 comments My group read choices haven't been the best. At least this time I loved most of the book, but the ending already bothered me when I was reading it. What started it was the whole institutionalizing Bernadette without her consent because OMG she caused a mudslide because she did exactly as the neighbor said! And she has all those empty pill bottles! Which at the point he's pushing for it, Elgin knows everything about courtesy the FBI. Had he been seriously involved with Soo-Lin at that point, I could understand why the guy was so adamant about it. No. We're told he's in love with his wife, even if he can't make enough time to sit down and have a talk with her about everything before he gets cops, doctors and his admin involved. Worse still, he fathers a baby with Soo-Lin pretty much two days after his wife vanishes after what must have been a traumatic incident. If the FBI and cops had some competence that would have been his grave nicely dug. Who else would profit if Bernadette vanished? Also, the Soo-Lin character was annoying, but I hated that brushing aside she got. I'm assuming the whole thing is hunky dory because Bee must have told Bernadette about the baby and she's still coming back to idiot #1 no longer employed in MS.

Ugh. I liked it when Bernadette was around. It was fun, and she was quirky, and she's weird but still all there when compared with Audrey, Soo-Lin & even that horrid husband of hers. (Can you tell I hated the guy? From beginning to end). I've always wanted to go live in Seattle, but goodness the case she doesn't make for it! It's a good thing there are other writers making poor Seattle seem good. I like the way the book is structured too - more gimmicky the better for me, as long as it doesn't distract from the plot. But yeah, disappointing at the end, because it could've been so much better.

And there's this tiny thing that's been nagging me - Bernadette hates people. She doesn't like going out in public, which is why she has that virtual assistant in Delhi. But... she goes out in public. She takes her daughter out to dinner twice, and she goes out with her husband once, in what? Two weeks?

message 36: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 244 comments I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked style of writing - learning about the story through series of letters.
First part of the book was great and I was happy I chose this book. It was funny. I was going through pages laughing. Even Bernadette with her whims was interesting. But then she disappeared and I felt like I'm reading completely different book. It lost something (and I don't mean only Bernadette - all characters were different).
I just can't buy her Antarctica trip. It was too selfish even for her. Didn't she think everybody will be looking for her? So she sent a letter. Big deal. After how many days was that?! Or that reasoning - "they'll check with company and find out I boarded the ship so they'll know where I am." Well, they didn't check the company, because nobody thought you'll actually go to that trip you've been avoiding for most of the book! /rant over. Sorry about that. ☺
And ending of the book? Or better to say: Where is ending of the book? What happened after? Did she build that thing on South Pole? Did they got divorced? Did they leave Seattle? What about baby?
I actually hate books that leave me with so many questions. And it's not even cliffhanger. I could leave with cliffhanger. At least then I would know that I'll find out at least some of the answers. ☺

message 37: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandra72) | 726 comments I just finished this book and loved it! I found it charming, funny and heartwarming. Maria Semple captured the essence of the characters so well, made them 'real' that I found myself and people I know in those characters. I enjoyed the format and found that the different points of view just enhanced the characters and their situations. I would definitely recommend this to my friends!

message 38: by Ty (last edited Oct 04, 2013 07:12PM) (new)

Ty  | 563 comments Amusing, light, quick read. I'm a big fan of the epistolary form (loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society) and don't find it as annoying as some others might. This book is definitely a more bubble gum, less sociopathic version of Gone Girl. I geeked out on the Microsoft (MS) moments and can't wait to call my MS friend to see if the tidbits on Microsoft culture is all true. I choose to believe so. :D

One thing a bit unique - I kinda - with slight guilt - enjoyed the self-awareness (actualization?) and/or redemption of some of the characters - particularly Audrey (who knew??) and Soo-Lin - her TORCHing herself was fantastic. I say "with guilt" because I realize it's a satire and yet I felt my emotional investment was a little bit too train-riding-happy in enjoying the pre-mapped journey.

message 39: by KSMary (new)

KSMary | 820 comments Wasn't sure what to expect with this book but overall, I did enjoy it. It was a light quick read but the ending really fell flat for me. Too many unresolved issues.

message 40: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 824 comments I thought this book was witty and quirky. I thought some of the writing was fun to read, but I didn't feel the book was beyond a 3 star rating for me.

message 41: by Bea (last edited Nov 23, 2013 01:19AM) (new)

Bea | 4084 comments I was set to really enjoy this book. I thought it was an interesting story but it felt a bit overblown to me. The 'gnats' responses seemed tedious and unfair to me, but I did feel sorry for each of them - a tiny bit.

I loved the Bernadette part and her solutions. Her husband, I did not like. He seemed to be so clueless and quick to believe everyone but Bernadette.

I gave this book 3*.

message 42: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 911 comments I agree with most of the comments on here. I found the book quirky, funny, and highly entertaining. 4 1/2* (I subtracted 1/2 star because I didn't find the ending as satisfying as I wanted it to be).

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

***spoilers****

Like many of the other posters here, I liked the form of the book, and it was interesting to piece the story of everyone together. However, I did not find the characters engaging, or interesting, and the entire plot was pretty uninspired. You never really believe that Bernadette is dead, we always know Bee is going to find her safe and sound and apparently free from her decades long bought with depression. There were so many dangling plot threads at the end you could knit a sweater with them.

I guess you could say that how you think things went back in Seattle after the end is supposed to tell you something about yourself, but I didn't care enough about the characters to really bother with imaging what happened to them. I also suppose that you could argue that life itself does not offer simple, complete endings- there are always new problems to face and challenges to overcome. Having said that, this type of book- for me anyway- needs an ending that actual marks the end and sums up the points of the novel.

My final point- I didn't find anything in it funny. I never chuckled to myself, or thought something was clever. Did I miss some big joke that was hidden in the plot?

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily | 684 comments Boston Kate

I enjoyed this book. I wasn't going to pick it for my Group Read choice (I'm still planning on reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil as well), but this one came up from the library before I was expecting it to, so I read it. I really enjoyed it. I found it very funny (I though Soo-Lin and her VAV group was hilarious) and, while I didn't really love or identify with any of the characters (possibly Bee a little bit, but that's it), I still really enjoyed hearing their stories. I agree that the ending felt a little rushed and not totally finished, but I felt it did enough to leave me satisfied.

message 45: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1693 comments Oma1229

Set in Seattle, Washington, with the backdrop of Starbucks coffee shops,the Microsoft complex and a private school campus, this novel is the story of Bernadette Fox, her husband Elgie Branch and their daughter Bee. Elgie is an important computer geek at Microsoft where most of his time is spent. Bernadette is a former architect wonder who is hiding from a previous occupational trama and their daughter Bee, a very gifted 8th grade student. At the beginning of the novel, life seems fine for this family even with the eccentric Bernadette. They live in a large house that was a former Girls' Reform School that is literally falling down around them. Bernadette never cooks and orders in every day and hates to interact with other people and most especially the other mothers at her daughter's school.

The book takes place during a time period of several months and is centered around a proposed family trip to Antarctica. Through the use of letters and emails from family members to other characters, we learn of past events that shape the family dynamics. For instance, Bee's birth and health issues and Bernadette's rise as a talented and award-winning architect to her total withdrawal from this profession. The voice of the narration is shared by all three family members but mostly Bernadette and Bee. It is a fast paced novel with twists that are surprising, exhilarating, and so entertaining.

This book was reminiscent of my days of working with the Girl Scouts. At camp-outs a favorite meal was 'hamburger stew.' The leaders would provide ground beef and each scout would bring a can of vegetables which was added to the ground beef and tomatoes---now this may sound horrible but it was always tasty. This book is similar. At various points a narrative (much like the ground beef) holds together all the emails, notes, and letters exchanged between all the characters (just like the cans of vegetables). Taking the narration and different communications and mixing them together produces a tasty and entertaining novel. Usually, I do not like reading something that is composed of so many short and longer bits of information but it works for this one. It is a wonderfully, quirky and delightful read.

message 46: by Ty (new)

Ty  | 563 comments You should put this up for Best Review, Wanda.

message 47: by Susan (last edited Nov 02, 2013 01:17PM) (new)

Susan | 672 comments So many good reviews on this book, of which a few I totally agreed with, like Band Director Terry's. I didn't even catch on to most of the things that were pointed out, at the time I was reading..

I just read for pleasure, most of the time. So I just enjoyed the story, following along with all the eccentricities, whether they were plausible or not. I didn't believe a minute that any parent would take their kid on a cruise to the Antartica. But it was a fun, quirky read, and I gave it 4 stars.

message 48: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments Curious why you don't think parents would take kids on a cruise to Antarctica? These 2 seemed to have more money than common sense

message 49: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1693 comments Ty wrote: "You should put this up for Best Review, Wanda."

Wow! Thanks for the praise!

message 50: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (shorty_320) | 1382 comments I highly enjoyed this book! I've always had a thing for books written in an epistolary fashion, so right off the bat, I had a feeling I'd like this one. So glad I was not disappointed!

« previous 1