Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

White Cat (Curse Workers, #1)
This topic is about White Cat
White Cat Discussions > Initial Thoughts White Cat

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - added it

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Who's reading along this month? What do you think so far? No spoilers please!!

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Am I the only one who is reading along?

I'm about 1/3 of the way through. I like it so far. The world-building is subtle but effective. The white cat is finally playing a role in the book.

Nicki (rdgmom3) | 1 comments I like the set up so far, leaves me wondering which 'curse' he has!

message 4: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - added it

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I was in Yellowstone till today. No internet there!! YIKES! So I am reading along too just a little behind this month... I plan on finishing this weekend.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Nicki wrote: "I like the set up so far, leaves me wondering which 'curse' he has!"

I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I just want it on the record that I guessed which type of worker Cassel was before he did. I'm sure most people will work it out too.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It's kind of funny how this worked out for me. I have White Cat to read next month and I'm almost done of the 5th Wave now.

Luce | 2 comments I read this awhile ago, but I remember immediately empathizing with Cassel. There was just something about the way he laughed when he was nervous... his voice just made it so easy to connect with him.

Lina | 13 comments I loved "White Cat". I liked the plot, the characters (i disliked Lila), the unique writing and the world that was set in, it made my interest reading about the curse workers. I liked Cassel as the main hero, i liked how sarcastic,cocky, tricky, smart and manupalative he was and how he pictured himself as the villain in his own way. I recommend this book for those who are fans of fantasy and unique world building.