♥Books, Coffee, Music & Ireland♥ discussion

♥Books♥ > Characters in Books you can't stand

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Everyone has characters they dislike and was wondering what everyone else's were.

Clare Gibson form Wives and Daughters

Mrs.Elton and Mr.Elton form Emma

Fanny and John Dashwood,and Willoughby form Sense and Sensibility

Wickham and Bingley's sisters formPride and Prejudice

Isabelle and John Thrope form Northanger Abbey

Henry and Mary Crawford and Mrs.Norris form Mansfield Park

plus more but I will have think on it

message 2: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Caity | 4434 comments Mod
I would think both, Ysa, cause its not specified.

Lord Waverly in The Weaver Takes a Wife! :P
all those you mentioned, Nicole, too.

message 3: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

I'm sure there are tons more but I'll have to think lol

message 4: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

MIJI, The Heart of Arcrea!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Nicole D. (last edited Aug 31, 2013 06:29PM) (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Isa good or bad doesn't matter.Just not the main heroine or hero that's my other thread.Characters form published books.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments Eww, Mrs. Kirkpatrick/Gibson from Wives and Daughters!

message 7: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

EW!

message 8: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Nicole wrote: "Eww, Mrs. Kirkpatrick/Gibson from Wives and Daughters!"

I am reading it right know and want to do bodily harm to her.She is so annoying.

message 9: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Ysa wrote: "Oh. Okay then I'll have to think about it. :o P
So does that mean published or not?"

Published or about to be published so everyone can know what book that character is form if they want to read it.

message 10: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Sophie | 2550 comments Mod
*ignoring Ysa's comment*

I agree with all Nicole said in her first comment. Maybe Henry Lennox from North and South!

message 11: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments I agree with you Soph I didn't like Henry Lennox form North and South.

message 12: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

he's so weird! " you don't NEED Henry to explain!"

message 13: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

No she did not need Henry to explain ;)

message 14: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

haha

message 15: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 24 comments So far the characters that I don't like from a recently read book is, Mr.Walter Elliot and Elizabeth, Anne Elliot's father and sister, in the book Persuasion. Oh, they got on my last nerve!!!! How could they be so vain and so uncaring for Anne and about life? On the other hand Anne was so completely the opposite!

message 16: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

I know! Aren't those characters awful! They treat her so badly! Mary got on my nerves as well!

message 17: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

URG!!! same. ;)

message 18: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 24 comments lol! Now, Mary was a different story for me. I thought she was hilarious!! She was like the comedy relief in the book. Mary almost reminds me of Mr. Thorton's sister in the movie, North and South. I think it's so funny when she says (paraphrasing), "I was so scared John, I thought they would brake down the door and murder us all!" His sister was just hilarious I'm telling ya.lol.

message 19: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

AHAHAHA! I do know what you mean. I found Fanny Thornton funnier than Mary Elliot (who annoyed me more) Fanny is hilarious! Tht is a classic line! I really need to watch North and South again... Richard Armitage...

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather (heathermushroom) | 127 comments Virgina wrote: "lol! Now, Mary was a different story for me. I thought she was hilarious!! She was like the comedy relief in the book. Mary almost reminds me of Mr. Thorton's sister in the movie, North and South...."

I agree. I thought Mary was so comical! I loved her little antics and melodrama...they added a lot of humor to the book. ;)

message 21: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 24 comments Heather wrote: "Virgina wrote: "lol! Now, Mary was a different story for me. I thought she was hilarious!! She was like the comedy relief in the book. Mary almost reminds me of Mr. Thorton's sister in the movie, ..."

I know right! lol!

message 22: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 24 comments Soph wrote: "AHAHAHA! I do know what you mean. I found Fanny Thornton funnier than Mary Elliot (who annoyed me more) Fanny is hilarious! Tht is a classic line! I really need to watch North and South again... Ri..."

Richard Armitage *sigh*

Have any of you seen the movie called, "The Hobbit"?
I had planned on watching it because he was in the movie. lol! ;)

message 23: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Well funny you mention that! I am not into action films like that but my sister said watch the first 40 mins or so and see Armitage. So i did. He can pull of being a dwarf really well ;) and he can sing!

message 24: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "Well funny you mention that! I am not into action films like that but my sister said watch the first 40 mins or so and see Armitage. So i did. He can pull of being a dwarf really well ;) and he can..."

LOL ;D which is funny cause he's pretty tall!
ikr?!?! I was like- MR THORNTON SINGS!!!!! I actually haven't seen it yet... heard the soundtrack though lol

message 25: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

So was I!! Ahaha
He is best as Thornton though ;)

message 26: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

definitely ;)

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne | 253 comments You guys are making me want to go watch North and South immediately! ;p

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hopeless-wanderer) Virgina wrote: "Have any of you seen the movie called, "The Hobbit"?
I had planned on watching it because he was in the movie. lol! ;) "

I've seen it only about 7 times! :P

message 29: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Anne wrote: "You guys are making me want to go watch North and South immediately! ;p"

=D DO! lol

message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne | 253 comments But what about my housework!?!?!!! LOL :D

message 31: by Caity, that crazy moderator (last edited Sep 26, 2013 07:03PM) (new)

haha- multi-task!

message 32: by Anne (new)

Anne | 253 comments Good idea!! But if I know myself at all, I'll forget the world & its obligations as soon as I start it!

message 33: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

I want to watch it as well!!! I am determined to watch it again soon...

message 34: by Anne (new)

Anne | 253 comments I think I had better read the book before I watch it again!

message 35: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "I want to watch it as well!!! I am determined to watch it again soon..."

ME TOO!!!! And read the book!!!!!

message 36: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

You need to read it!

message 37: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 1278 comments Professor Dolores Umbridge formHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

message 38: by Anne (new)

Anne | 253 comments Mrs. Norris in Mansfield Park! Gah, can't stand her! Also, Mr. Mason from Jane Eyre.