YA/NA FANATICS discussion

Twisted
This topic is about Twisted
AUTHOR'S SPACE > Twisted

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Cover reveal for Twisted

In the next few weeks I am going to roll out my new book, Twisted, in three editions: kindle, print, and audiobook. Let me give you a sneak peak of the cover, which--as always--is inspired by my art:

A few months ago, a pile of bones captured my fascination. Scattered across my desk, they were ashen, rather small, and of fanciful shapes. I was unable to identify the animals whose remains these were, nor could I name their skeletal parts. Which left me free to mine—out of these crumbling, fragile relics—an entirely new presence. Coming to life on brown paper with with a few stokes of white, red, and brown pencils, there she was: my Bone Princess.

Set upon a patch of scorching desert sand, she casts a one-eyed look at you, which masks how vulnerable she really is. Her soft flesh is shielded—and in places, nearly crushed—by her armor of bones. She is damaged: no arms, no legs, yet she accepts her pain with pride, and with regal grace. Inside and out, she carries a sense of morbidity.

As all creations, she became an independent spirit. As such, she made me wonder what had happened to her. I imagined her turning to me, with the elegant, elongated lines of her neck, to tell me her story. This was how my novella, the first story in my upcoming collection—I Am What I Am—came to be.

Twisted.

message 2: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments In this unique collection, Uvi Poznansky brings together diverse tales, laden with shades of mystery and the macabre. There are four of them: I Am What I Am; I, Woman; The Hollow; and The One Who Never Leaves. Here, you will come into a dark, strange world, a hyper-reality where nearly everything is firmly rooted in the familiar—except for some quirky detail that twists the yarn, and takes it for a spin in an unexpected direction.

This is the reality you will see through the eyes of a ghost of a woman, trying to reclaim her name by appealing to the devil; the eyes of a clay figure of a woman, about to be fired in the kiln, longing for her Creator; the eyes of a woman in the midst of a free fall, about to become a ghost; and the eyes of a feline creature with cracked fangs, trying in vain to resign herself, by hook and by crook, to being locked. These characters explore their identity, and challenge their fate.

Inspired by her art, by quotes from literature and the bible, and by the author’s professional career, these tales come from different times and places. Yet all of them share one thing in common: an unusual mind, one that is twisted. So prepare yourself: keep the lights on.

★★★★★ TWISTED
AudioebookPrint

message 3: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments My week at Mcv Egan's blog is on a roll! Please check out my article today. Focusing on a novella from my book Twisted, it is titled A Rude Awakening for Job's Wife :

Lying still in a corner of the cave, I try my best not to rattle, not to betray my fear. I figure, as long as they think me unconscious, I am safe. I have jolted awake because of the voices, only to discover they are incoherent and muffled. In between the gusts of wind, I can hear them hissing. Each phrase plays out in some verbose foreign music, which I cannot decipher for the life of me. Sigh. This is not Aramaic for sure, or any of the other languages spoken by the locals in my village or by the merchants traveling through along the Jordan river.

At this moment I find myself overwhelmed, turned inside out by a sense of suspicion. Something has been taken away from me. My breath? My name? Identity? Who am I, then?
After an eternity, the confusion in my head starts clearing up. The air is steaming hot. It feels as if I have been dunked in some thick, dark soup. I stare at the blackness. I listen. I catch a word here and there, and somehow I get it. No longer is it Greek to me. Or perhaps it is.
“But why? What is she to you?” says a trembling, shrill voice. “Why even come here for her? Just a tramp, is what she is.”
And in grumble—louder than the whirlwind—another voice says, “Now, who are you to ask?”
“Forgive me... I am nothing, nothing before you. Crush me if you will. I am dust, dust under your feet... But you, you have more important things to do. Let her rot.”
“Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of this realm? Declare, if you have any understanding!”
“I am nothing... Nothing but dust—”
“Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has stretched the line upon it?”
“I bow,” the thin voice trembles. “I bow before you. Oh please, forgive me.”
And splosh! I hear the poor devil plodding away, wading through some slush.
A minute later, the footfalls of the other march up the road in the other direction, until finally the ground under me stops rumbling.
So I turn on my belly and crawl, finding my way in the dark, till at last I peek out—if only by a nose—through the mouth of the cave. Which allows me, for the first time, to take in the view.

Job's wife in Twisted

Here is a woman who has only one line in the Book of Job. Her entire history has been lost, with the exception of the words, "Curse God and Die." Did she love her husband and wished his torture to stop--or else, was she tired of him, and saw him as a burden? Even her death is not recorded; all we know is that by the end of the book, there is a 'happy ending' where Job has a new wife and a new set of kids in place of the once that were stricken down by Satan.

So in my story, she wakes up in Hell. Here is the opening, where she is listening to a conversation between Satan and one of the other poor devils. By a twist, Satan's words are a 'replay' of God's words to Job. So now I invite you to listen to the voice clip, narrated by The wonderfully gifted Heather Jane Hogan:

Listen here .

This is a small bronze sculpture in which I tried to depict the first yawn of the day.

Treat yourself to a gift!
Download this ★★★★★ book
Twisted

message 4: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments "I stand here before you, not knowing my name.
The light in this place is so blinding, so intense, that for as long as I can remember, it has forced me to close my eyes. Now this is about to change. Coming out of a brilliant haze, here she is: My Creator. I am clay in her hands. Let her do with me as she pleases; for what am I to do?
Now listen, listen to that sound: The air is vibrating around her; I can feel her breast heaving. Is she about to blow life into me? Here it is, here is her touch—
She puts a mark on me, pressing the sharp end of a chisel until it pierces the center of my eye. I shriek! I cry without a sound. It is not until she pulls out the blade, that I become afflicted—for the first time in my life—with vision. Emerging from the glow that has so far pervaded my existence, I open my eyes.
The haze is gone. There is not much to see around me. Here is a dim place. A place of doubt. Clutter. Confusion. From this point on, I start sensing shadows..."

So starts one of the strangest stories I have ever written... Take a look at female figure in my sculpture, and then listen, because it is in her voice that the story is told.

Once the original clay model arrives in the foundry, it is dismembered: below you can see the dismembered lower part of the male dancer of the clay model for my sculpture (seen in full, above, in bronze.) A 'negative' of the parts is created, a mold, ready for pouring of molten bronze. Having witnessed this process, which takes as long as six weeks from the time the clay model arrives and a bronze sculpture is ready, made me think about death and rebirth, which is what this story--now included in my book Twisted--is about.

Tempted to go to the dark side?
Keep the lights on...
Get Twisted

message 5: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Christian Ashley is an author of Historical Romance, Paranormal Fiction, and Erotic Fantasy. All of her Historical Fiction novels to date, Rose of Gwynedd, In Daddy's Arms, and Dignity, came to her through dreams that evolved with ample research into the historical period being presented. I am truly honored that she posted this review for Twisted:

★★★★★ Exquisitely Warped - I loved it!, September 7, 2013
By Christian Ashley (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Twisted (Paperback)
The unique, artistic, intuitive and often humorous weaving of reality and alternative realities is phenomenally embedded within the collection of tales in TWISTED. Incredibly bent around mythology, theology, her art, and her poetry, Uvi Poznansky has created yet another masterpiece!
APART FROM LOVE was absolutely brilliant, and A FAVORITE SON was captivating and explored the meshing of worldly paradigms. In TWISTED, the satirical portrayal of Job's wife in, I Am What I Am, was my favorite, and I enjoyed reading it again - aloud to my husband who laughed as I had when modern times intertwined with the biblical.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 6: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Yay! Just discover the first review for the audiobook edition of Twisted (on Audible.com)! Check it out:

Overall ★★★★★
Performance ★★★★★
Story ★★★★★

"Enchanting"
Would you consider the audio edition of Twisted to be better than the print version?
As I love to read, it is difficult to compare, but I have enjoyed every second of hearing it.
Twisted is perfect for narration.

Who was your favorite character and why?
I love the wife of Job in I Am What I Am.

What does Heather Jane Hogan bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience
if you just read the book?
Her narration was perfect.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
Definitely, I laughed.

Any additional comments?
As I mentioned earlier, Twisted is well suited as an audio book with its four artistically
described tales. The recording quality was outstanding.

Customer review

message 7: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Author of War Songs, Grady Harp, describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. He is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for traveling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. So I am deeply honored that he has posted this five-star review for my just-published book, Twisted:

★★★★★ A sensitive melding of poetry, prose, and art, July 5, 2013
By Grady Harp (Los Angeles, CA United States)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE) (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

Uvi Poznansky is an Israeli born American poet, writer and artist who seems to have a gift to express her thoughts in myriad ways, ways so diverse in nature that the only constant is excellence! Her previous books - APART FROM LOVE, A FAVORITE SON, HOME, and the Hebrew edition ROPES, SEPARATION, TEAR - all manage to incorporate her stunning visual art as either the cover or as inner additive drawing or simply as the matrix on which she draws the thread that unites each of the themes of her books.

In TWISTED Uvi Poznansky takes out her loom and weaves mysterious tapestries that include humor, angst, the unknown, the dark, and always a permutation of love. The One Who Never Leaves is a touching tale about a cat and her keeper, The Hollow steps into that disparate world of the beyond - of finding needs unmet in proximity and not tangible, I, a Woman allows us to enter the creative space of creating a figure out of clay. In the midst of her stories is a bipartite poem/conversation and images of some of Poznansky's art.

For this reader, the title TWISTED suggests harshness or unexpected turns that terrify. But that is not what happens on entering this space. Yes, the ideas seem from a different realm of non-reality, but they are so immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly. For this reader that is not `twisted' - that is kaleidoscopic!

message 8: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Bargain sale: Four Fabulous Books!

☻/
/▌
/ \ Looking for a great read?
Check these out: $.99 each (a third of the original price) today only, but that's not the reason to get them--the reviews are!

Check them out:
★★★★★
★ Twisted ★ A Favorite Son ★ Home ★ Apart From Love ★

message 9: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments I listen. I catch a word here and there, and somehow I get it. No longer is it Greek to me. Or perhaps it is.
“But why? What is she to you?” says a trembling, shrill voice. “Why even come here for her? Just a tramp, is what she is.”
And in grumble—louder than the whirlwind—another voice says, “Now, who are you to ask?”
“Forgive me... I am nothing, nothing before you. Crush me if you will. I am dust, dust under your feet... But you, you have more important things to do. Let her rot.”
“Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of this realm? Declare, if you have any understanding!”
“I am nothing... Nothing but dust—”
“Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has stretched the line upon it?”
“I bow,” the thin voice trembles. “I bow before you. Oh please, forgive me.”
And splosh! I hear the poor devil plodding away, wading through some slush.
A minute later, the footfalls of the other march up the road in the other direction, until finally the ground under me stops rumbling.
So I turn on my belly and crawl, finding my way in the dark, till at last I peek out—if only by a nose—through the mouth of the cave. Which allows me, for the first time, to take in the view.

Get ★★★★★ #fantasy TWISTED:
AudioEbookPrint

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 10: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments I am so grateful for the third opportunity to be featured on Brian M. Hayden's blog! He is a dear friend, and the author of The Road to Transplant (and more books) where he takes you along to witness the final mile on his incredible journey to a heart transplant.

My guest post takes you into a fall through an elevator shaft:

The Descent into a Different Realm

message 11: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments I am delighted to find a new review, written by the author of The Trap, D.W. Hendrick.
Here is what he writes about my book, Twisted:

★★★★★ Intuitive and Captivating, September 30, 2013
By D.W.Headrick
Amazon Verified Purchase

Uvi Poznanski has once again authenticated her status as an amazing artist - one who can personify and clearly, believably speak to the reader through a myriad of voices; human or inhuman, animate or inanimate. If the author wants us to feel empathy, we cry; when she invokes horror, we shiver... and all of this for a captive cat, a clay figure, a woman in a relationship free-fall, or the Biblical wife of Job appealing to Satan in Hell.

This is a stunning novel by an extraordinary writer. Do yourself a favor and invest in a work of art - purchase Ms. Uvi Poznanski's "TWISTED". Five very enthusiastic stars.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 12: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments “Hell,” I blurt. “Where am I?”
To which a voice says, “You can say that again.”
I cast a quick glance this way and that, and see—just outside the mouth of the cave—two figures standing guard. Only they are standing upside down, perfectly frozen. Icy wings hang down from their shoulders, broken. And splinters are scattered on the dirt all around them. They are so still that it seems they have been carved from pillars of salt—if not for their feet twitching up there, above me.
Clenching my jaws so they stop clattering I manage to say, “Who are you?”
The only answer I can hear is a groan from the left, somewhat muffled this time. Turning right I bend down to take a good look at the other guard. Why is he silent?
“Who,” I repeat, “are you?”
His head is now barely visible; eyes and nose already submerged, he seems to struggle for air. Mud is flowing into his white mouth, and at the surface, froth starts regurgitating.
“Fallen angels are a dime a dozen around here,” grumbles a throaty voice from above. Her foot kicks some more muck in his direction. “Some,” she says, “have no names at all.”

Lot's wife in Twisted

My quick sketch, blue acrylic on paper, untitled

★★★★★ review:
"So immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly"
Get Twisted
★ Audiobook ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

message 13: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Halloween is near... Here is a little dab of darkness

"So at the end of an unbearably drawn out, tense second, here it is: she gives a jerk—a sharp one, mind you! And with a click, she brings in a host of shadows by turning on the twisted lamp by her side.
What do I care? I am busy, trying to imagine sun. Curling around myself, eyes half-open, I pass my tongue around my fangs. Here, it is coming to me: a radiant, blood-red sun. Sky—ground—birds—flap, flap, leap!—throats—
I feel her looking at me, trying, perhaps, to decipher the sudden flash in my slit pupils. I flick her with my tail. The shadows—small and large, sharp and fuzzy—all flick their tails at her..."

Feline creature in Twisted

Treat yourself to a gift!
Get Twisted

message 14: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments He turns to me with a sly look. To my surprise, his smile—even with those sharp fangs—is quite endearing.
“Job’s wife, I presume? Hallelujah! I have been expecting for you for quite a long while,” says Satan. His voice is sweet. He must have sung in a choir in his youth, because in some ways he sounds as pious as my husband. “Shame, shame, shame on you,” he wags his finger. “You sure made me wait, didn’t you...”
And without allowing time for an answer, he brings a magnifying glass to his bloodshot eye. Enlarged, his pupil is clearly horizontal and slit-shaped. Which makes me feel quite at home with him, because so are the pupils of the goats in the herds we used to own.
Meanwhile, Satan unfolds a piece of paper and runs his finger through some names listed there. Then, with a gleam of satisfaction he marks a checkbox there, right in the middle of the crinkled page. At once, a whiff of smoke whirls in the air. Satan blows off a few specks of charred paper, folds the thing and tucks it into his breast pocket, somewhere in his wool. Cashmere, I ask myself? Really? In this heat?

Job's wife in Twisted

★★★★★ review:
"So immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly"

message 15: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Through the skin of my closed eyelids I could sense a sudden change. Blocking the sun, her shadow came crawling upon me, until suddenly it stopped. Which was when—with no warning, and no respect for the departed, either—she gripped my arm, rolled me aside and to my surprise, hopped in.
Unfortunately, there was no mistaking her smell. I used to think it was the dirt caking, layer after layer, on her bare feet. Yes, that must have explained it! But somehow it reeked even worse now, perhaps because these elegant straps of leather grazed into the dirt, peeling it from her heel. Oh hell, I croaked, wishing I could turn away.
Not now, go away, Leila.
I could hear the heavy flapping of her breast and at once, the ground under me shook. It opened—by God, the ground split open under her sharp, pointy heels, and scream! My hair was flying straight up, my jaw dropped open...

Job's Wife in Twisted

My charcoal on paper drawing

★★★★★ review:
"In her potent style, Uvi Poznansky weaves mythology with modernity"
Get Twisted

message 16: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Win!!!

Here's your chance to win! A select group of authors has joined forces with me, to bring you amazing stories, narrated by great voice actors. Take a listen to voice clips from the audiobooks, and join for a chance to win one of them!

Join the Raffle Extravaganza

message 17: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Two new reviews for Twisted:

First one: John A. Miller is the author of Author of Gladstone, You’ll be Sorry! and Friends and Strangers. He is also a truck driver, which makes his point of view a unique one. I am thrilled that he posted this review, having listened to the audio edition of Twisted:

★★★★★ More deep thoughts and storys., November 6, 2013
By John A. miller (tennessee,usa)

Once again I had the pleasure of listening to another audible book by Uvi Poznansky. This time I enjoyed "Twisted" on CD. The one word to define Uvi would be "Wordsmith." The way she uses verses in her books are remarkable. The accounts to detail and the way she expresses to the reader or in this case the listener is works of art. My favorite again from "Twisted" was called "The one who wouldn't leave." I won't tell you what it's about, but trust me it was a good story and I enjoyed every minute of it. So, In closing I must say that I recommend this book if you want to sit back and enjoy some of her deep thoughts again and I did find some slight humor there also. I give it 5 stars and looking forward to more of her work in the future. One final note, the narrator on the audio book was terrific. I enjoyed Heather Jane Hogan doing the different voices to the character's and her voice was a pleasure to listen to

★★★★★ By a poetic genius., November 2, 2013
By Larry Winebrenner (Miami Gardens, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase

I'm twisted. What's not to love? You don't actually be twisted to enjoy these stories, but it helps a lot.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 18: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Still seething with disappointment over losing Merav, I go on to moan, “He hates me, and so does Michelle! For her, any price is too much, but what her father demands of me is simply ridiculous.”
“Let me guess,” Joav narrows his eyes.”Are you to hunt a lion and tear it apart with your bare hands?”
“No—”
“Drag a leviathan to shore and cut open its belly?”
“No—”
“Slay a dragon?”
“I wish!”
“What, then?” Joav asks, but by the sly smile hiding under his mustache I suspect he already knows the answer.
“You playing with me?” I say. “I am to come up with a hundred Philistine foreskins.”
“Ha! Is that what a princess goes for these days?”
I answer by asking, “Can you believe it?”
Out of nowhere he pulls up a third knife, and without missing a beat throws it up. “Question is, how hard can it be to get it?”
I shrug. “At the time I still entertained the hope of reaching out to the enemy, obtaining what I need by diplomatic means.”
“Ha!” He catches the other two knives behind his back. “That doesn’t sound like fun to me, not at all.”
“I tried, really, I tried to talk sense to those infidels.”
“Let me guess: you told them all about the joys of converting to our faith.”
“How did you know?”
“Then you overstated the medical benefits of circumcision, and understated the pain.”
“I did.”
“No takers, ha?”
“None. Naturally I had no choice but to resort to military means.”
“By which you mean, slaughter.”
“Yes.”
Joav aims a knife at a target carved in the bark of the olive tree.
“I hope,” he shoots, “that the princess would love you for it.”
“She wouldn’t.”
“Forgive me for saying so, but her father is entitled to drive a stiff bargain, especially when he’s dealing with a commoner like you.”
I must admit, “Stiff it is.”

From my upcoming book, The David Chronicles, Vol. I

This is a quick paper cutout of a dragon, which I made yesterday,
and let loose in my library...
Who knows how high it will soar!

message 19: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Starting tomorrow, Elaine Raco Chase, Stephanie Queen, James DiBenedetto, David Kudler, Mary Campisi, Author Ruth Cardello, Libby Fischer Hellmann, Becky L Barker, Charity Parkerson, Barbara Silkstone and Sherri Christian will tell you about each one of the audiobooks we are offering for you to win.

Have you joined us? If so, your raffle ticket is already in the big black hat… Interested in a particular audiobook? Tell us! Like it or leave a comment, so we’ll add an additional raffle ticket for you!

Come to the Grand Finale, Sunday 11/17 at 3:00 PST! We will pull the winning tickets out of the hat, and announce them!

message 20: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments ♫ °˚˚ ✿*‿*) ♡♥ ◦°˚˚ Going home for the holidays? Bring me with you!

An autographed book is a collector’s item. The ink of my pen on the title page is a touch, a symbolic handshake between you and me. And the highly praised cover is the way to hold my art in your hands.

To get my books, autographed, click here:

message 21: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments I am grateful to go back. No longer am I stuck here, in a place of doubt. 
No longer am I inflicted with sensing shadows. Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. All my sorrows are about to melt away. In this inferno, nothing will be left behind me but an empty shell. I fly into the brilliance. I am ablaze. I am in bliss. For where I am going I shall be reborn. 

The voice of a clay model for bronze casting, in Twisted

Babysitting the bird for Thanksgiving? Why not treat yourself to a gift:
★★★★★
"You don't actually be twisted to enjoy these stories, but it helps a lot..."

message 22: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Happy Thanksgiving
from me to you!

Stop babysitting big bird, and get a little something for yourself this holiday:

A Favorite Son
Audiobook ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

Home

Apart From Love

Twisted

message 23: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments What a great gift I got tonight, from an audiobook reviewer running a wonderful blog, A Dab of Darkness, to celebrate the dark side... Here is her wonderful review of Twisted! It starts with, "Through a collection of 4 short stories, Uvi Poznansky takes the reader through the odd, the dark, the twisted with intelligence and artful form..." Check it out:

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 24: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments What a great gift I got tonight, a second review of Twisted (audiobook) titled: “Enjoy the darker twist, but without the gore."

Would you listen to Twisted again? Why?
Yes. It was thought provoking and at times achingly beautiful.

What other book might you compare Twisted to and why?
Perhaps to some of HP Lovecraft's light works, or Washington Irving's folk tales. Poznansky's works feature some little twist that turns the tale just slightly sideways, giving the reader a new way of looking at it. Lovecraft and Irving also do the same in many of their works.

Have you listened to any of Heather Jane Hogan’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
This was my first time enjoying Heather Hogan's narration.

If you were to make a film of this book, what would the tag line be?
Uvi Poznansky takes the reader through the odd, the dark, the twisted with intelligence and artful form.

Any additional comments?
I am hard put to say which was my favorite. I Am What I Am drew me in right away with the mystery of who this dead woman was. Not being familiar with Christian tales, I nevertheless enjoyed the rock and hard place Job’s wife found herself between. She did a lot of sighing, but if I were her, I would probably do so too….or cuss. I, Woman was sensual and full of creativity, just as I imagine sculpting with clay would be. Even though this was short, the main character grew over the space of the tale, at first thinking little of her clay companion, then coming to appreciate any communication with him, and finally, afraid of what lay before her, missing his constant presence. Perhaps this was my favorite.

The Hollow went by a little too quickly for me, leaving a rather ghostly impression on me. Perhaps it was meant to do so as the woman was in free fall. The book ended with an unlooked for surprise in the last story, The One Who Never Leaves. It is all told from a cat’s perspective, tamed, trapped in domesticity. Being the servant to several cats, I completely connected with this story, recognizing that predatory glint in my cat’s eyes, as captured by the disgruntled feline of this story.

In short, this is an excellent collection of short tales. Each was unique, standing on it’s own merits. I also loved that each was told through female eyes, allowing one more layer of connection.

The Narration: Heather Jane Hogan provided clear, distinct voices, and even went extra lengths to give Satan in the first tale an unearthly tone. My only minor criticism was that the pacing was slow; however this may have been by request of the author.

Audio
Ebook
Print

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 25: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments The wind is singing winter blues
Whispering with her is my muse
Let these notes take you away
Swifter than a reindeer sleigh
To distant places, forgotten times
To passion, sorrow, even crimes
You'll cry and laugh, then close the cover
A new world awaits for you to discover

★★★★★ Rise to Power http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U
★★★★★ Apart From Love http://BookShow.me/B006WPITP0
★★★★★ A Favorite Son http://bookShow.me/B00AUZ3LGU
★★★★★ Twisted http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4
★★★★★ Home http://bookShow.me/B00960TE3Y

message 26: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments These discounts won’t last! Grab your print copies now, and enjoy these highly praised stories, each one wrapped in my own cover art!

Rise to Power ♥ 16% discount ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U
Apart From Love ♥ 10% discount ♥ http://BookShow.me/B006WPITP0
A Favorite Son ♥ 5% discount ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00AUZ3LGU
Twisted ♥ 50% discount ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4

message 27: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Dont miss this opportunity! Be my Valentine

A select group of authors has joined forces with me, to bring you amazing stories, narrated by great voice actors. We invite you for a weekend of love and roses. Come listen to voice clips from the audiobooks
You may win one of them!

message 28: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Doing the happy dance! I've just discovered a lovely new review, written by a Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer, no less! Here is what Dii wrote for Twisted!

★★★★★ Dark, Unique, Thought-Provoking, February 4, 2014
By Dii (Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Amazon Verified Purchase

Like a unique tapestry of words, Twisted by Uvi Poznansky invites the reader to fall into each one of the four stories and come back out with their own interpretation of her words. A little on the dark side, sometimes with touches of humor, each tale is told in the first person, giving life to the character through the talent of Ms. Poznansky. I Am What I Am is the struggle of a woman dealing with the devil . The Hollow is a short tale of reality versus what is perceived. Next is I,Woman, followed by The One Who never Leaves, that is told from the view of a cat.

Dark, intense, entertaining, thought-provoking and emotional, these short stories each hold their own brand of magnetisim that lasts long after the last word is read. Ms. Poznansky has given the reader a wealth of depth in few words.

Get ★★★★★ TWISTED
Audio http://tinyurl.com/Twisted-audio
Ebook http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4
Print http://bookShow.me/0984993266

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 29: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments A new Goodreads review written by Kimberly Lucero for Twisted:

Kimberly Lucero rated it ★★★★★
An extraordinary feat by Uvi Poznansky! Her incredible and brilliant ways of writing are unlike any other. Growing up as a Christian I immediately knew who the characters were but had never heard them described in such a way! I was marveled and thrilled by this book, and quite shocked at times! A brilliant work of art by this creative author! I can't wait to read more of her work!

Get ★★★★★ TWISTED
♥ Ebook ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4
♥ Print ♥ http://bookShow.me/0984993266
♥ Audio ♥ http://tinyurl.com/Twisted-audio

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 30: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments ✿(•̃̃‿•̃̃ ♡ ◦°˚ Get TWISTED!

ebook %80 off!
http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4
print book 60% off!
http://bookShow.me/0984993266
Audio
http://tinyurl.com/Twisted-audio

message 31: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Why am I moving from one literary genre to another? This is a question I often ask myself. What I do is just the opposite of branding, perhaps because I find ways to surprise myself.

To read more click here:
Why am I moving from one literary genre to another?

message 32: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Don't miss this opportunity! A select group of authors has joined forces with me. We bring you amazing historical fiction stories. Let us whisk you away to a different time and place. Come listen to our stories. You may win one of the ebooks!

Join us in A Time to Remember

message 33: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments He turns to me with a sly look. To my surprise, his smile—even with those sharp fangs—is quite endearing.
“Job’s wife, I presume? Hallelujah! I have been expecting you for quite a long while,” says Satan. His voice is sweet. He must have sung in a choir in his youth, because in some ways he sounds as pious as my husband.

To read more click here:

message 34: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Happy Passover!

Need a gift for the holiday? Check out the rave reviews
Here are but a handful of the reviews

★ The miracle of Uvi Poznansky's writing is her uncanny ability to return to old stories and make them brilliantly fresh. At times startling, as times awe-inspiring, and at al times fine reading, this is a welcome addition to the growing library of one our more important writers. -Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Reviewer
★ What a treat to have the story of David presented in such an intellectually stimulating manner. -Christoph Fischer, Top 500 reviewer
★ A tale of madmen and kings, youth and old age, prison cells and freedom's ring. It's drawn from Biblical history, enjoyed through the eyes of modernity, and it vividly recreates character and place. -Sheila Deeth, Top 1000 Reviewer
★ Written for a smart and perceptive reader, who is not afraid to let her imagination fly. -Oleg Medvedkov, Top 500 reviewer
★ Dark, intense, entertaining, thought-provoking and emotional, these stories each hold their own brand of magnetisim that lasts long after the last word is read... A wealth of depth in few words. -Dii, Top 1000 Reviewer

RISE TO POWER
★ Audio  Ebook ★ Print 

A FAVORITE SON
★ Audio ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

TWISTED
★ Audio ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

message 35: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

“Job’s wife, I presume? Hallelujah! I have been expecting for you for quite a long while,” says Satan. His voice is sweet. He must have sung in a choir in his youth, because...

To read more, and listen to the narration, click here:
His smile, even with those sharp fangs, is quite endearing

Get the ebook at sale price, then you can get the audiobook for only $1.99

message 36: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments CK Webb is an author of thriller books, a book reviewer, and the host of WebbWeaver Books, Where our favorite authors read their books for you and clothing is 100% optional!. What a joy it is to come on her radio show, to talk about my dark fantasy book, Twisted, and my other books!

Come to a place where favorite authors read their books for you and clothing is 100% optional

message 37: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Here is my interview with author and poet Euponos Aus on her blog, Tassels of Intertwined Emotions:

MY CONVERSATION WITH UVI POZNANSKY

message 38: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments "Four women, four fates, one mystical tapestry": a lovely new review for the audiobook edition of Twisted:

Overall ★★★★★
Performance ★★★★★
Story ★★★★★

"Four women, four fates, one mystical tapestry"
Where does Twisted rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
Among the audiobooks I've heard so far, Twisted ranks in my top twenty percent, primarily because of the melding of narrator and story, but also because I love Poznansky's forays into the mythos of the Old Testament.

What other book might you compare Twisted to and why?
I can compare Twisted only to Uvi Povnasky's other works about Biblical characters and times. The author is creating her own canon, bit by careful bit. I'd call this book magical realism, but it isn't quite that because the characters are not of this time: it's a passionate recasting of Biblical legend for womens' perspectives, with a helping of honesty thrown in for good measure. These four stories feature female protagonists so real you want to touch them, so bold that their unapologetic and unforgettable nature will haunt you long after the narrator finishes telling you each tale.

What does Heather Jane Hogan bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
Heather Jane Hogan brings a finely wrought integrity to her readings, disappearing into each character in turn. Having these stories read to you allows the narrator to characterize each story differently; and different these feminine perspectives are, one form the other. Hogan breathes voice into each tale without ever overplaying her hand.

Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?
If I could, I'd have listened to each of the four stories straight through.

Any additional comments?
The narrated story "I Am What I Am" alone is worth the price of this quartet of tales. As the character searches for her identity in a word of symbol, myth, and metaphor, so do you. Job's wife has something to say to all women of every age, and does, and narrator Hogan makes sure you hear the message. Accompanied and enhanced by three other tales, I, Woman...The Hollow...and The One Who Never Leaves, this quartet transports you into a way of apprehending life that is different from your own, so that you see all through a rarefied artistic sensibility. Bravo, author and narrator!

★ Audio http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Twi...
★ Ebook http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4
★ Print http://bookShow.me/0984993266

message 39: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments So lovely to come in for a conversation with John Tucker on his blog. A life-long Georgia native, John has burned through three wives, raised two sons, and has persevered despite being brought up in a wonderfully dysfunctional family. He is a multi-genre author with psychological thrillers, romantic Dramedy, adult contemporary novel, and an Erotica sizzler. This is what he asked:

✿ Tell us about A Peek at Bathsheba and what inspired you to write it?
✿ Name two personal details about yourself that may surprise people?
✿ What do you personally get out of writing, and do you have a mentor who helped you along the way?
✿ Have you ever censured yourself while writing, and could you tell us the details?
✿ Last Question. Give us a three song playlist you would listen to all day long?

To read the entire interview, click here:
JOHNTUCKERMUSTLIVE

message 40: by Uvi (last edited Nov 21, 2014 04:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Gnarled branches here entwine
Ghosts send shivers down your spine
If you trick or tweet tonight
I will give you such a fright

I'll stay Twisted until dawn
Until then, leave the lights on
I'll scare you with a puff of heat
Apart From Love, it is my treat

★ Just for Halloween ★
Twisted

message 41: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments All was quiet now, deadly quiet. You had to put your ear close to me to hear the one thing, the only thing that screwed up this silence: the crinkly sound of my hair and nails, continuing to grow, somehow. Even the crows had stopped echoing their calls between one and another. And yet, I was not alone. I could sense another presence--

To read more click here:
They were painted quite liberally with some blood-red smear

message 42: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Am I dreaming? I stare at it in great awe.
“Ah!” says Satan, noting my expression with great interest. “You are a curious creature, woman.”
“No disrespect intended, sir,” I say, “but don’t play with me. If you know my name—which I am sure you do—you would do well to use it when you talk to me.”
“Oh, I would,” he teases me, “if you were to offer me at least a token of gratitude, if you know what I mean.”
I do. And it’s not that I am not tempted... Satan is a handsome fellow, even with fine-haired goat beard on his chin, which is something I could persuade him to shave off, in time...
“Here we are,” he presses on. “All alone, apparently, in a deserted library... Now, how badly do you want your name back, woman?”
In place of an answer, I gulp.
And he says, “I am given to caprice, you know. So I may, perhaps, be persuaded to give your name back to you...”
His words go roundabout, but his gaze is quite direct. Which leaves me dumbfounded; but only for a second. After all, even as a corpse I cannot risk a scandal—and in my own village, or the copy of it, of all places! The place seems vacant at the moment—but then, who knows?
They say, walls have ears... And gossip, my God, it would be devastating. For sure, it would kill my husband. His heart has been so weak lately. Betrayal—even a whisper of it—would crush him. It would add to the weight of his mounting woes. I still care for Job, even if I am here, trapped in this hellish replica of my birthplace, and he—somewhere up there, in the real thing.
In the silence that has fallen upon the room Satan leafs casually through the pages of the book. Then he raises the magnifying glass to his eye, and glares at me.
“I see,” he says. “Didn’t think so. Just testing; forget it.”
“I will.”
“You are not all that sexy, anyway.”
“And you, sir, are not such a hotshot.”

Get ★★★★★ TWISTED
♥ Audio ♥ http://tinyurl.com/i-twisted-audio

#dark #fantasy
#halloween

message 43: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Clancy Tucker writes young adult fiction for reluctant readers but has also achieved success as a poet and photographer. I am thrilled to come on for an interview on his blog.

Check it out:
Interview with Uvi Poznansky

message 44: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Born in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia, Linda Goodman learned the art of storytelling from her father. Her stories have appeared in Storytelling World, Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul, Stories for the Family Heart, The Appalachian Quarterly, and in the Storytelling Youth Olympics 1997 Guidebook. This is what she says about my book, Twisted:

★★★★★ " All of the short stories ("laden with shades of mystery and the macabre") in this slim book are good, but the jewel is "I Am What I am", November 16, 2014
By Linda Goodman "Storyteller" (Richmond, Virginia) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Twisted (Kindle Edition)
I recently read Uvi Poznansky's book "Twisted." All of the short stories ("laden with shades of mystery and the macabre") in this slim book are good, but the jewel is "I Am What I AM," which follows the wife of Job through hell to demand that the devil give her name back to her (it was stricken from "the book"). She is fierce, but she is no fool. Even she knows some dreams must be relinquished when their price proves to be too dear. This skillfully written and passionate story is worth at least twice the price of the book.

Get ★★★★★ #amazing #fantasy TWISTED
♥ Audio ♥ http://tinyurl.com/Twisted-audio

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 45: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments For a moment I am grateful that my husband is among the living. Or so I think. Nowadays, influenced by the elders, he regards swearing as a mortal sin, as bad as cursing. He even plugs his ears, for no better reason than to avoid hearing it. But if you ask me, I swear: without a bit of blasphemy, language would utterly dull, and fit for nothing but endless prayer. Sigh.
Strangely, Satan does not frighten me that much anymore. And so, swaying on my hip bones, I strut out of the cave in his direction--

To read more, and listen to the beautiful narration, click here:
I feel an odd urge to fondle his horns

message 46: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments By what twist of imagination did this happen? How did this outline of his jaw suddenly appear, how did it open now, as if he was just about to call her name? In a moment, she thought, he would reach for her hand, smiling as if nothing bad could happen—

In a moment he would reach for her hand, smiling as if nothing bad could happen

message 47: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments The door will swing and open wide
Take off your coat and come inside
No more trembling, no more chill
Here is my paper and my quill
This is the time for story telling
Kisses, hugs, and lavish giving.
Let there be joy, love, delight,
Warmth and sparkling light!

Apart From Love ★ A Favorite Son Home Twisted 

message 48: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments The old year passes, time is swift
Now it's time to give a gift
Tis the season to be jolly
Curl in bed and no more folly
I have a story that must be told
With me in bed you won't be cold

The Edge of Revolt ★ Ebook

A Peek at Bathsheba ★ Audio Ebook Print

Rise to Power ★ AudioEbookPrint

A Favorite Son ★ AudioEbookPrint

Home ★ AudioEbookPrint

Apart From Love ★ AudioEbookPrint

Twisted ★ AudioEbookPrint

message 49: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments So she closed her eyes, and brought back the last touch of his hand. It was as firm as ever. His fingers—she could almost feel them around her, all the way to the small of her back—his fingers gave her a sweet, strange feeling, which she had been missing for so long: the feeling of being home. 
That was when, with a clap, she closed the book, then went through the missing door—

She was closer and closer to where she was headed all these years

message 50: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 515 comments Dennis Waller, filmmaker and author of several books, is recognized as an expert on spiritual experience, self-discovery, and exploring the human consciousness. He is also a Top 500 Amazon Reviewer, which is an amazing rank. I am honored that he posted this review for Twisted:

★★★★★ Simple Well Done, January 14, 2015
By Dennis Waller (Texas, USA) (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Verified Purchase

This book is a collection of four stories, each one an interesting tale of mystery and intrigue. While the plots and settings are different, there is a common thread throughout them all. I found them to be captivating and I was drawn in them with the rich descriptive nature that Uvi Poznansky has with her writing ability. The bonus is exceptional too, the poem and the artwork, to me, is very introspective, simply well done and serves as the icing on the cake. This is a book that I would suggest to those who want to get lost for a few hours and be held captive till the end in an enchanting tale, albeit dark and mysterious.

Get ★★★★★ TWISTED
♥ Audio ♥ http://tinyurl.com/i-twisted-audio
#dark #fantasy

« previous 1