Speaker Geeks! discussion

What Do You Think (General)? > Why would you date someone?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Because they make me smile, make me laugh, make my heart sing.

message 2: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) A sense of humor and a personality type compatible to my own. Those are the two things I'd look for first.

message 3: by Sierra (last edited Aug 31, 2013 01:54PM) (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) I want to date a guy who respects others and treats them right. Also, a guy who is easy to talk to and has a sense of humor. I wouldn't want to date a guy who thinks he's cool or tries to act like it. There's so many guys like that here, and I hate it. Sometimes, I look at the guys around me in public places and think about how it seems like there's no hope of finding a good guy here.

TheLostOne~WithoutAPathHome | 45 comments Someone who can look at me and tear down any and every wall ive built to keep people out, and then make it better than it was

message 5: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Ryan }[Music is the cure to everything]{ wrote: "Someone who can look at me and tear down any and every wall ive built to keep people out, and then make it better than it was"

That's a really good answer.

TheLostOne~WithoutAPathHome | 45 comments Sierra wrote: "Ryan }[Music is the cure to everything]{ wrote: "Someone who can look at me and tear down any and every wall ive built to keep people out, and then make it better than it was"

That's a really goo..."

Thnx, im basicly just describing my gf but i cant put into words what shes done for my life and how much better it is now that ive got her

message 7: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments I would date someone to try and get over what happened to me before, then to try and come to love him. Also because I need someone to protect me, and even though others don't think things are that bad they are, and I need someone to help me with that.

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Ryan }[Music is the cure to everything]{ wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Ryan }[Music is the cure to everything]{ wrote: "Someone who can look at me and tear down any and every wall ive built to keep people out, and then make it better than it was"

That..."

That's great that you have her and that you feel that way :)

message 9: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Emma ~**My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations**~ wrote: "I would date someone to try and get over what happened to me before, then to try and come to love him. Also because I need someone to protect me, and even though others don't think things are that ..."

Well, whatever happened to you, I hope you find the guy that can break through and be everything you need :)

message 10: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah me too. I'm starting high school in a few days and hopefully ill find someone there

message 11: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Emma ~**My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations**~ wrote: "Yeah me too. I'm starting high school in a few days and hopefully ill find someone there"

Yeah :) Don't rush it though. Just make sure you're ready :)

message 12: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments I am ready just no one else seems to want me or be ready for me

message 13: by Sierra (last edited Aug 31, 2013 02:14PM) (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) You deserve someone who is. Don't settle for anything less than that.

P.S - How many siblings do you have? xD

message 14: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Thanks you :)

And lol 2

message 15: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) You're welcome :) And thanks XD

message 16: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Lol :)

message 17: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments I like girls who are funny, smart, caring, nice....if a girl makes me happy, I would want to date them. If somebody always makes you smile, even when you are down....thats how you know you should date them.

But its not that easy to find somebody, so we just have to be patient I guess.

message 18: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Well if I had to be specific I would say: Someone who can cheer me up when I'm in a horrible mood and don't even want to cheer up.

message 19: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Adrian wrote: "Well if I had to be specific I would say: Someone who can cheer me up when I'm in a horrible mood and don't even want to cheer up."

Yep. If somebody can do this for me...well I would date them for sure.

message 20: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments I would date someone if they thought I was beautiful. I almost never get told that I am, and if it is it's over the Internet. But if a guy told me I were beautiful I would be the happiest girl ever, which works because I want someone who can make me happy too

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I would date someone that when they called me beautiful... they meant everything about me. My personality, looks I guess... and even my flaws.
I mean im not saying i would just want them to say im beautiful.
but what things theyd need to be would be funny, caring, sensitive about me like not too extreme and... hmm... yeah not trying to act "cool". I dont like guys that laugh at everything you say like you're the dumbest person alive :/
and Id date a guy that wasnt embarrassed to be my bf....

but im not dating for a while :)

message 22: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Christine | 364 comments Mod
Emma ~**My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations**~ wrote: "I would date someone if they thought I was beautiful. I almost never get told that I am, and if it is it's over the Internet. But if a guy told me I were beautiful I would be the happiest girl ever..."

Emma please don't date someone just because they tell you you're beautiful! Sure some guy can think you're beautiful, but personality is more important than if they think you're beautiful. You will be able to find plenty of guys that think you're beautiful as times goes, you just have to be willing to wait for them. Never settle for less because you feel you aren't worth it! You are!

message 23: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Aww thanks! It's nice hearing compliments from strangers. But I guess I don't just want then to think I'm beautiful but also like me for me.

message 24: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Well that's good. If relationships are based on mostly looks, they're bound to fail.

message 25: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah. But they'll probably start with a guy thinking a girl is cute or vice versa but they need more to flourish

message 26: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

For sure. Sometimes people base why they like someone only on personality, but not often,

message 27: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah you need to really know the person for that

message 28: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Exactly Kaylee. If you need to wait to find the right boy, then by all means do it. And don't assume everyone has good intentions either.

message 29: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah I know that and I'm aware.

But sometimes I feel an emptiness and I don't know what I need to fill it :(

message 30: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Well I don't know for sure, but I feel like if I didn't have God to fill me up with peace and happiness, I would probably feel really empty...also maybe try and form new friendships? Friends can help you get over guys or fill any hole you might feel is there.

message 31: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah maybe... Like I mentioned earlier I'm starting high school in a few days so hopefully ill be able to start new relationships there

message 32: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Definitely helps to have a purpose, or a team or something you can feel like you belong to.

message 33: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

High school can be tricky...just make sure you don't hang out with whoever will take you and establish some standards as to who you want to hang out with. But otherwise, it's a great opportunity to meet new people and gain lots of new friends.

message 34: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah that's what everyone keeps saying.

And I just wanna thank everyone for helping and giving me advice, I really appreciate it :)

message 35: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

You're welcome! I don't like to just leave people hanging when they comment and obviously need someone to talk to them.

message 36: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

And a great thing about high school is all of the teams, clubs, organizations you can join. Even if you don't think you would really like the sport or could succeed in something, just try it! The kids who seem to be having the most fun in high school are the ones who are the most involved.

message 37: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments I didn't think I needed to talk to someone but I guess I did :)

message 38: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Sometimes I don't realize I want to vent to people until I do...and then I'm like, "I actually did want to talk about it"

message 39: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Yeah I'm planning to be active, there's a lot of things I wanna join, the swim team especially

message 40: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments And yeah that's exactly how I feel :)

message 41: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Well that's good. =) Have fun!

message 42: by Six (new)

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 33 comments Thank you! I'm sure I will :)

message 43: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Dorky people strike me as honest. Arrogant people strike me as a person with an inferiority problem trying to boost their own ego. Arrogance and confidence are two different things.