The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Sea of Monsters discussion

The Sea of Monsters - Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marwa (last edited Aug 31, 2013 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marwa This is a thread for me and Nour and anyone who would like to join buddy reading The Sea of Monsters starting Monday 31th of August 2013.
Anyone who wants to do it with us, feel free :)

RULES:

- Updates, status, comments are encouraged on this thread
- Spoilers must be put under spoiler tag
- We are reading 4 chapters a day

Nour Sharif do you mean the sea of monsters? -_-

Marwa Right, sorry I'm not really focused right now.

Nour Sharif hahaha you are so cute ♥

Nour Sharif Just starting ^_^

Marwa I am about to start too :)

Nour Sharif Chapter one: What the hell is going on? >.<

Nour Sharif Chapter two: Poor Perceus.

Nour Sharif Chapter three: The one driving should always have at least one eyeeee!! >.<

message 10: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Chapter four: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif okay so I am done. Your turn and tell me your opinion :)

message 12: by Marwa (last edited Sep 02, 2013 06:28PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marwa It is technically the next day but this the time I usually read soo anyway.

Chapter One: Interesting start. Of course, Percy is completely clueless. I wonder if his friend Tyson is really a human or not. Probably not.

"See, it’s this “progressive” school in downtown Manhattan, which means we sit on beanbag chairs instead of at desks, and we don’t get grades, and the teachers wear jeans and rock concert T-shirts to work."

I want to go to a school like that.

message 13: by Marwa (last edited Sep 02, 2013 05:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marwa Chapter 2:
"Mrs. Tesla told us that we had to mix chemicals until we succeeded in making something explode."

This is so unrealistic, but I love this school.

"I’d learned the hard way that if people teased Tyson while he was dressing out, he’d get upset and start ripping the doors off lockers."

ripping the doors off lockers? And you didn't wonder whether he is human or not?

"Now, I figured that the built-up gas in most boys’ locker rooms was enough to cause an explosion, so I wasn’t surprised when the flaming dodgeball ignited a huge WHOOOOOOOM!"

LOL!

Marwa This book is 20 chapters so we would be able to finish it 5 days! :) 4 days if we really cant wait to know what will happen.

Marwa Finished chapter 3 and 4! I will read some more later, probably tonight.

message 16: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Marwa wrote: "It is technically the next day but this the time I usually read soo anyway.

Chapter One: Interesting start. Of course, Percy is completely clueless. I wonder if his friend Tyson is really a human ..."

ME TOOO! I like the school!!

message 17: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Marwa wrote: "Chapter 2:
"Mrs. Tesla told us that we had to mix chemicals until we succeeded in making something explode."

This is so unrealistic, but I love this school.

"I’d learned the hard way that if peop..."

well, *I* wondered. But Percy, he's clueless sometimes =P

message 18: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Marwa wrote: "This book is 20 chapters so we would be able to finish it 5 days! :) 4 days if we really cant wait to know what will happen."

I was thinking that we should read 5 chapters tomorrow. So we would finish on thursday. Because it doesn't make sense that we should arrive to chapter 16, and stop. No one does that anyway >.< That would be the point where everything would be going on and you just can't put the book down. But on the other hand, if we read 5 tomorrow, stopping after chapter 13 would make sense ._.

Marwa Sometimes? Since when he is not clueless? :P

message 20: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Hahaahahahah. =P

Marwa Nour wrote: "Marwa wrote: "This book is 20 chapters so we would be able to finish it 5 days! :) 4 days if we really cant wait to know what will happen."

I was thinking that we should read 5 chapters tomorrow. ..."

Alright then, I think we can do that.

message 22: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif YAY :D :D

message 23: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif I am going to start chapter 9 right now :D
5 chapters today, don't forget!

Marwa Chapter 9: "Do you have any idea what’s in store for you if you reach your sixteenth birthday? Has Chiron even told you the prophecy?”

o_o. Tell him Luke! I want to know.

message 25: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif i want to kmow toooooooo
chapter 11: rick riordan needs to learn to describe better.
what the hell is going on? o.o

message 26: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif chapter 13: the dude knows a bit about the prophecy. So you better look out, Marwa o.o

Marwa You finished it! Awesome :)
I'm still behind because I didn't read yesterday but I have 7 chapters only and I'm planning on finishing them tomorrow.

message 28: by Kristi (last edited Sep 05, 2013 07:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristi I have read this book more than once and I love it, the movie doesn't do tit justice....Wait until you get to the House of Hades that comes out this october... it is going to be Amazing, I read the Mark of Athena In 1 day! I actually have read all of the books in this series more than once, and they are so Amazing!

message 29: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Marwa wrote: "You finished it! Awesome :)
I'm still behind because I didn't read yesterday but I have 7 chapters only and I'm planning on finishing them tomorrow."

AWESOME O.O

message 30: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif Kristi wrote: "I have read this book more than once and I love it, the movie doesn't do tit justice....Wait until you get to the House of Hades that comes out this october... it is going to be Amazing, I read th..."

Oh wow, great! We can't wait either!

Marwa "Brace Yourself."

Can you be any more clear on what the hell do you mean?
Honestly, Poseidon.

Marwa Finished! I'm not sure which book is better though, but I'm interested enough to read book 3.

message 33: by Nour (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nour Sharif me toooooo!!
poseidon is such a douche sometimes *rolls eyes*