YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > September 2013 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod

This month has that trust Labor Day holiday in it which gave me an idea for this months challenge:

What is your dream job? Use that as an acronym. If your dream job is too long or specific than tell us what it is and chose the letters you want to do. You can use any part of the title of the books for your letters. Examples are below.

Examples:

This is the easy way:
C - Call of the Wild
O - The Odyssey
P - Letters To Pastors' Wives

The Call of the Wild by Jack London The Odyssey by Homer Letters to Pastors' Wives When Seminary Ends and Ministry Begins by Catherine J Stewart

More complicated choice:
I want to be a Deep Water Marine Biologist. I can only manage to read 5 books for this challenge so I am going to do D T M R B.

D- Demonic Dora
T- Beyond the Wall
M- Mrs. Poe
R- Follow the White Rabbit
B- The Bookstore

Demonic Dora by Claire Chilton Beyond the Wall Exploring George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire by James Lowder Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen Follow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness, #1) by Kellie Sheridan The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler

Read as little or as much as you can, but please join us.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Cheer (new)

Cheer Papworth (cheerest) | 390 comments Since I already have my dream job, I'll have to stick with it: Registered Dental Hygienist or RDH.

R- Return to Tent City: The Reckoning
D- Dawn
H- The Harvesting

Return to Tent City The Reckoning by Kelly Van Hull Dawn (Harvester of Light, #3) by S.J. West The Harvesting (The Harvesting, #1) by Melanie Karsak

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather DeChaume | 27 comments Since school has started back and I'm doing two sciences with two other basic classes so I don't have a whole lot of extra time to read. My dream job is to be an ecmo technician.
E-Exalted
T-The Bar Code Tattoo

message 4: by Paula (last edited Aug 31, 2013 08:17PM) (new)

Paula Williams (daystealer) | 42 comments I'm finally getting time to pursue my dream job. Put the word "successful" in front of this one.
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2) by Holly Black
A Great and Terrible Beauty
Uglies
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
Hex Hall
On the Jellicoe Road
Red Glove

message 5: by Cheer (new)

Cheer Papworth (cheerest) | 390 comments Paula wrote: "I'm finally getting time to pursue my dream job. Put the word "successful" in front of this one.
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba BrayUglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld[bookcover:The True Confessions ..."

I almost went with author, but it's a slow pursuit.

message 6: by Cheer (new)

Cheer Papworth (cheerest) | 390 comments Heather wrote: "Since school has started back and I'm doing two sciences with two other basic classes so I don't have a whole lot of extra time to read. My dream job is to be an ecmo technician.
E-Exalted
T-The B..."

Good for you Heather. I found it difficult to have time for pleasure reading while in school. I really liked Exalted and I recently read an ARC copy of the sequel Denounced. Let me know what you think of The Bar Code Tattoo-I've been putting that book off for some reason.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather DeChaume | 27 comments Well up to now I've taken my basic classes online so my time was completely flexible. Now I have to go on campus because of my science classes. I just recently added these to my tbr list. I'll let you know what I think of The Bar Code Tattoo.

message 8: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Sep 03, 2013 04:12PM) (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod
I want to be an author, and I would love it very much but my dream job would be to be a Marine Biologist. I want to specifically study sharks, but just anything marine would make me happy. Well except Dolphins, because they scare me a little.

00/15

M -
A -
R -
I -
N -
E -

B -
I -
O -
L -
O -
G -
I -
S -
T -

message 9: by Cheer (new)

Cheer Papworth (cheerest) | 390 comments Cheer wrote: "Since I already have my dream job, I'll have to stick with it: Registered Dental Hygienist or RDH.

R- Return to Tent City: The Reckoning-FINISHED
D- Dawn
H- The Harvesting

[bookcover:Return to Tent City:..."

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather DeChaume | 27 comments Heather wrote: "Since school has started back and I'm doing two sciences with two other basic classes so I don't have a whole lot of extra time to read. My dream job is to be an ecmo technician.
E-Exalted
T-The B..."

Done!!