Clean Fiction discussion

The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1)
This topic is about The Shunning
Archived Group Reads > September 2013 main Group read discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 695 comments Mod
Description from Amazon:
The best selling story of Katie Lapp, who longs for things forbidden to a young Amish woman. But an unexpected discovery reveals her true past. Heritage of Lancaster County book 1.

Feel free to post your honest opinions on the book as you read it. If you are going to do post a spoiler, feel free to use the "some HTML is ok" link or just say spoiler alert in your post.

I loved this one when I read it. I also enjoyed her series. I saw a play and Hallmark Channel movies based on the first two books. The play, a musical, was a compilation of all the books.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments I haven't read this one but I really enjoyed both Hallmark movies. (I hate it when they have to change heroines in the middle.)

@Jennifer: What exactly do you mean about not liking when the have to change heroine in the middle of the story? They had include Katie's biological mother somehow.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments In the first Hallmark movie, Katie Lapp is a different actress than she is in the second movie.

@Jennifer: Yes, I wish they'd kept Danielle Panabaker. It seems liek she's not been in a lot of movies of late.