UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Anyone need more memory?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Sorry.... Not the grey matter type.

I have 2x2gb ddr2-800 dimm
IN2T2GNXNFX

They will end up in my box of bits.

Free to anyone who wants them... PM me.

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments You're speaking foreign again

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Do you want half a dozen old computers for your box of bits? Because I am getting rid of a load...

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Gingerlily - Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish. wrote: "Do you want half a dozen old computers for your box of bits? Because I am getting rid of a load..."

I bet if we did a computer/bits swap you would end up with more than you started with....

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Can't even give my memory away....

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill (s0litaire) | 124 comments I feel your pain!
Currently surrounded by 9 Hard drives of various sizes (from 40Gb to 3 Tb!) which need to be securely wiped.

2 Ancient PC (not even look at the hard drives/memory in them yet!)

Need to find a place that will take the old PC's (I've other uses for the Hard drives planned)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Forget the memory, my new laptop isn't talking to my printer. Sort that out for me!

message 8: by Bill (new)

Bill (s0litaire) | 124 comments easy fix

buy a new printer... ^_~ lol

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Um yeah...if it can be delivered in the next half an hour...

message 10: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Turn it off and on again GL

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments hey - I used to work in IT - I know the basics! Its just when I plug in the USB cord, the laptop doesn't detect anything. And I know the USB port is ok, because it works for other stuff. Am just going to try the printer with my netbook.

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill (s0litaire) | 124 comments Some printers need you to install the software first then plug it in.

HP's are the worst for this! if you plug some of them in before installing the software it just messes things up as it never auto finds the correct drivers!

grab the printer's installer software from it's website and do that before plugging it in.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I just bashed a hard disk with a big hammer. It is amazing how difficult it is to damage one intentionally but if you kick your PC in a drunken stupor the thing spits the dummy.

message 14: by Bill (last edited Aug 31, 2013 10:28AM) (new)

Bill (s0litaire) | 124 comments Never open then drop a hard drive that uses "silica" instead of metal for the spinney disks!!

They virtually explode when they shatter sending fragments for a good 3-4 meters!

The shards are sharper than most scalpels and only a few mm long!!!

Was picking micro shards out of my foot for days afterwards!!!

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9081 comments The amount of dust inside the casing is horrifying too. Enough to make a small felt carpet usually.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Rosemary wrote: "The amount of dust inside the casing is horrifying too. Enough to make a small felt carpet usually."

Very similar to belly button fluff. I always thought that was a Wierd coincidence

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9081 comments And why is it always blue?

message 18: by Bill (new)

Bill (s0litaire) | 124 comments it's a by product of the magical blue-smoke that makes all electronics work! ^_~

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I plugged it into my netbook, and it went and found and installed the drives with no problem. I did exactly the same thing with the laptop, and it didn't even notice that I had plugged it it. It usually comes up with a little box saying that it is searching for driver software, but nothing.

Update.: just plugged it back into the laptop, which found the driver - kind of... no scanner.

message 20: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I've got an HP printer here and the installation process started on the printer panel, not on the laptop.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments It seems to be ok now. I always use Epsons and they always install on the computer.

message 22: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments canons are a royal pain in the ass for geting drivers too. you need to find the software for the scanner or it wont scan

message 23: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments My HP 3 in 1 refuses to scan or fax. But it prints, and only cost 40 quid, so can't complain

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments but how much does the ink cost?

message 25: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Let's just say that if all the cartridges run out together, I just go and buy a new printer. It's usually cheaper.

message 26: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments I've got a Star 24 pin colour for matrix in the cellar if anyone wants it. You'll need your own parallel port cable though.

message 27: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments A parallel cable...? I'm not sure if my motherboard even has a parallel port.

I know it doesn't have an ISA slot.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Michael wrote: "A parallel cable...? I'm not sure if my motherboard even has a parallel port.

I know it doesn't have an ISA slot."

It is what your acoustic coupler is plugged in to.

message 29: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments You speak a foreign language to me.

message 30: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 55 comments Will wrote: "You speak a foreign language to me."

My computer knowledge is so far out of date that these days, I just hand the computer and peripherals over to my wife or my son. When and if they give them back to me, they work.

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Michael wrote: "A parallel cable...? I'm not sure if my motherboard even has a parallel port.

I know it doesn't have an ISA slot."

Pfft. Next you'll be telling me you haven't got a Zorro II connector.