Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Data now available for and add kindle edition to "Here Comes The Vampire"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 30, 2013 05:33PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Here Comes the Vampire now has a real release date and description plus a kindle edition to be added. The data is at http://www.amazon.com/Here-Comes-Vamp...

The paperback supposed to be coming from Ballantine last year was never published (publisher backed out when author missed deadline due to family illness), author has more detail on her website. Since shelved by members, likely should stay but possibly needs an "no longer available" note added to description with or without link to a valid edition on goodreads.

Also on other book in same series, author Kimberly Raye, Christine Barbaste should be author Kimberly Raye with Christine Barbaste as translator.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I added the kindle edition of Here Comes the Vampire. I cut and pasted a blurb from the author I found explaining the situation. But I haven't done anything like that before -- tell me if the wording is clear enough.

Fixed the Kimberly Raye/Christine Barbaste thing, too.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 30, 2013 10:53PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Thanks, for my personal shelves I just wanted my pre-ordered kindle edition combined in there. The kindle edition is picking up an older default description talking about 2012 though.

The paperback looks fine to me and definitely clear; but, I'm not actually sure of the policy on publications with one publisher moving to another or about quoting author statement in the description. I guess if staff or a super-librarian feels differently they'll replace description with current book description and/or merge the no longer being published edition.

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I put in the new description for the Kindle version. And as far as quoting the author, it was a blurb posted on an Amazon message board, so I think that's kosher...