The Dry Grass of August The Dry Grass of August discussion

What Did I Miss?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Scott Mitchell I just finished this book. Overall, I enjoyed it.

HOWEVER -- what did I miss? Link, Mary's son, made a comment about the room behind the warehouse. But that story never developed.

And the note that Young Mary left on the bulletin board "I am gonna tell what you did." I guess that is in reference to Bill's admission that he made a pass at her? The reference to that note tweaked my interest. I guess I just felt a little let down, expecting a dramatic revelation of criminal activity on Bill's part.

Thoughts, anyone?

Silverpiper I think the ending of this book was poorly written. It
almost seemed as if she was trying to finish it to meet a deadline and didn't pay attention while she was writing its final chapters.

Scott Mitchell Ah ... that makes sense. Still disappointing, though!

Cheyenne As far as the room behind the warehouse, I guessed that it was where his WBA meetings were held, since they were not exactly on the up and up. Or it was where the doctored company books were kept. And yes, I was also expecting more about what went down with Bill and Young Mary...but then we cannot necessarily trust his take on it.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan Disappointing to say the least.

Rose Nugent Scott wrote: "I just finished this book. Overall, I enjoyed it.

HOWEVER -- what did I miss? Link, Mary's son, made a comment about the room behind the warehouse. But that story never developed.

And the no..."

I completely agree these needed more information I was left a little lost on both of these parts. I also wanted to know more about the awkwardness between the mother(sorry I forgot her name) and Mary.The author started to explain it but I never gained full understanding of it.