Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Group Feedback & Merch > Finding VF on the web

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amadis (last edited Aug 30, 2013 12:37PM) (new)

Amadis | 22 comments Is there one main place to find all the info AND videos for VF? There seem to be 5 different sites; here, the Geek & Sundry website, the Geek & Sundry YouTube page, the Google+ page for VF, and vaginalfantasy.com. The latest hangout video has been neither announced, posted, uploaded or linked to on any of those sites except vaginalfantasy.com which itself is not linked to anywhere on any of the other sites, and hidden behind a group info link on this one. It took me forever to find this weeks video. What's really frustrating is that I subscribe to G&S specifically for VF and I seem to get everything BUT VF in my feed. Should it really be this hard to find the videos which are the base of this group?

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 180 comments The vaginal fantasy videos became part of the Geek and Sundry site on you tube subscribe to that and you will find the videos easy enough - its under the comics and literature section of the geek and sundry you tube page

message 3: by Amadis (new)

Amadis | 22 comments Sorry Jane, I don't think you read my comment. It's all about how the videos are NOT easy to find. As I already stated above, I am subscribed to the G&S channel, but the VF videos often do not show up in the feed. The past 2 VF videos were not uploaded to the G&S feed.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 180 comments I read your comment and was attempting to help - something Im now thinking why did I bother as you seem determined to complain. The videos may not be easy for you to find I on the other hand have no problem. Maybe you need to remember that the hangout is done as something fun in felicia, kiala, veronica and bonnies own time and keeping up to posting/adding things on the forumns is the same and they are all busy gals. Maybe one of the Vf forumn moderators can help you out here good luck

message 5: by Amadis (new)

Amadis | 22 comments I'm sorry that you found my "complaining" bothersome, but I'm just trying to point out something that clearly needs a bit of fixing. You say that the ladies are too busy to update the websites because the hangout is just a fun thing they do in their own time. But that's not true since VagFan has become part of the Geek & Sundry brand. It's now a G&S show and I think there is a responsibility to treat it as more than just an afterthought. Otherwise why make it part of G&S? The latest VF video has not been added to the Geek & Sundry main website, nor to this Goodreads page (where all the action/info is supposed to be happening), nor to the Google+ community that is listed as an alternate link, and even though I am subscribed to G&S I don't consistently get the VF videos in my YouTube feed. Maybe that last one is a problem with YouTube itself. I don't know, but surely someone must be responsible for making sure that G&S shows are updated/uploaded, so where is the system failing? It's already confusing enough with 5 different places to check in with for VF and trying to remember where I can find the info I'm looking for. I know other people have had issues with finding the date of the hangouts because it's not stated explicitly that the last day of the read is the date of the video. Sure, you could surmise that but it could be clearer. I'm just saying fans of the show shouldn't have to work this hard just to find the show. You shouldn't be antagonizing your audience, right?

message 6: by Silke (new)

Silke | 3 comments The date for the hangout is - except for very few exceptions that have been announced in time - the last tuesday of the month. I always find the videos on Facebook and Twitter. On Facebook, they always get posted by Felicia Day, Geek & Sundry and Vaginal Fantasy. On Twitter, I have seen them posted by Felicia Day and Geek & Sundry. If that doesn't help, there is always the search function from youtube.

message 7: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin I've noticed that the hangouts don't show up in my subscription feed, but if I go to the G&S YouTube page and sort the videos by date, it's right on top (I'm usually checking the next morning). I know when it's coming just because I look forward to it.
I think the hangouts not showing up in the subscription feed is a YouTube problem, not a G&S one.

message 8: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (last edited Sep 04, 2013 04:07PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey guys,
I totally see this, YouTube is really dropping the ball on servicing the members with the subscription feed, and I apologize that. I am going to take a look at the club this month and try to reorganize. Hopefully it will unify everything a bit, make it easier for people to participate.
-We always update the latest video at the top of the group page after the hangout, or the day after. Someone forgot to do that (ME!) I'm gonna figure out how to delegate that better.

If you guys have ANY requests or suggestions about how to make the group easier to use/participate in/keep track of, please let me know!!

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
@vaginalfantasy is now a thing on the twitters.

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Hey guys,
I totally see this, YouTube is really dropping the ball on servicing the members with the subscription feed, and I apologize that. I am going to take a look at the club this month and t..."

I do have a suggestion. I'm looking all over for the start times of the live stream and can't find it anywhere. I have dates, just not times. Could this be added to the deadline info?

message 11: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Feb 25, 2014 06:48PM) (new)

Crystal wrote: "I do have a suggestion. I'm looking all over for the start times of the live stream and can't find it anywhere"

Unless they say otherwise, the start time is always at 8 pm Pacific (4 am UTC). Watch your social media for the links.

message 12: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 17 comments Sean wrote:

Unless they say otherwise, the start time is always at 8 pm Pacific ..."

Thank you Sean. I've been away for a few months and forgot, and the info's posted nowhere that I can see. Appreciate the help! :)

message 13: by Mariko (new)

Mariko True (MarikoTrue) | 32 comments Thanks for all the postings, it is 10PM et now. Thought that YouTube would have a clip indicating video to follow or an email reminder would be sent from goodreads. I actually read both books this time, and wanted to catch the feed live. Appreciate the data.

message 14: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments How DO you catch the feed live? I've always been wondering but never figured it out. ^_^;

message 15: by Mariko (new)

Mariko True (MarikoTrue) | 32 comments Keidy wrote: "How DO you catch the feed live? I've always been wondering but never figured it out. ^_^;"
I have always (only been a member several months) just logged onto YouTube/Geek&Sundry/Vaginal Fantasy Book Club sorted by date and found it. This is actually the first time I have attended the meeting “early”. The live feed is usually on the last Tuesday of the month at 8pm pt.

message 16: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Feb 25, 2014 07:50PM) (new)

Keidy wrote: "How DO you catch the feed live? I've always been wondering but never figured it out. ^_^;"

https://www.youtube.com/user/geekands...
or watch their Twitter feeds for the link.
You don't even need a Twitter account. Just go to one of these links:

https://twitter.com/vaginalfantasy
https://twitter.com/GeekandSundry
https://twitter.com/feliciaday
https://twitter.com/bonniegrrl
https://twitter.com/Veronica
https://twitter.com/kiala

message 17: by Keidy (last edited Feb 25, 2014 09:17PM) (new)

Keidy | 313 comments @Mariko and Sean: Thanks a lot! I've been watching Vaginal Fantasy for over a year and this is the first time I've seen it live! XD