Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

Is any body else upset that Fred died?
Isabelle Isabelle Aug 30, 2013 10:38AM
I was really sad when Fred died,I was wondering if any body else was.

P.S
Please do not mention anything about movies,four,five,six and seven(I have not seen them.)

I am the mother of identical twins, so I have a little more insight to the psychology of identical twins. Identical twins not only look alike, they are mentally and emotionally wired the same way, as has been amply demonstrated by studies of identicals who were reared apart. For an identical, losing one's twin is more wrenching than the loss of any other loved one, because it is like losing part of oneself - the only other person that really understands and relates to one on every possible level. Thus, Fred's death is sad not just because a really lovable person died, but also because it is so unspeakably painful to George.

deleted member Sep 04, 2013 04:21AM   1 vote
YES YES YES! His death was the most unnecessary!

HAH!? Upset? Me? Us? The fans? Why should we be upset? We're not upset... But if you call the condition of "thrashing uncontrollably, wailing whale sounds, shrieking every second, bawling our eyes out and weeping while asking "why" to J.K. Rowling" upset, then we must be REALLY REALLY REALLY UPSET.

Why should we be sad about that? It's just a twin losing his other half. Nope, not sad at all.

Yes, that is sad! If we're looking at it from plot developments, then it was a good idea. But it was still heart-wrenching.

I'm still in denial and I've read it several times.

S Oct 09, 2013 08:52AM   0 votes
Resing an older topic, I know. But I had to chime in.

I am an identical twin. 30 years old. I still live with my twin sister and we are as tight as Fred and George. We do fight, sometimes badly.

But I don't think we could live without each other. We are not the same person. We have different friends and make sure we have time apart. We enjoy different things.

But to lose your other half... If any of you are in love, try and imagine being with that person from the moment you were born. That you know them as intimately as you know yourself. That you're so tied up in each other you can't remember if a memory is yours or theirs, nor does it really matter. You know exactly how they'll react to something, you know everything about them.

That connection is what we have.

I don't know how I'd live without my twin. And when Fred died, I just sat there in shock.

The actors mentioned while they were filming how heart breaking it was for them. I understand.

I don't know how to explain it, I don't know if anyone but a twin can really understand. But it's devastating.

deleted member Sep 04, 2013 12:14AM   0 votes
I was absolutely upset that Fred died! I was upset that a lot or people died! But just because we're upset about a death, doesn't mean that it shouldn't have happened. It's the pain and emotion that readers get from those deaths that make this an amazing series. JK Rowling develops her characters so well, that it does hurt when one of them dies.

who isn't?

Yes! Who wasn't? :-(

No!

Isabelle Robo wrote: "OMG it was a battle!!! OF course some people died, but sry, that is a life."

Okay,okay!Just asking.:)
...more
Sep 07, 2013 02:55PM · flag

deleted member (last edited Sep 05, 2013 06:34AM ) Sep 05, 2013 05:46AM   0 votes
Well, he had so much to live for - a job that would have earned a lot, a family, a twin...and he was so young when he died, he never was able to marry or have kids - he never even got to see Harry finally really become a member of the Weasley family! No, I wasn't sad at all.

YES. I was bawling my eyes out. I mean honestly, tell me this won't make anyone cry: "and Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face." When I first read the books I was going through a really hard phase in my life, and these characters were my role models, best friends, and I sobbed at nearly every death. I was a wreck by the time I finished Deathly Hallows.

However, death is natural, and if nobody good died it'd be unbelievable, because noble people die as much as good people.

And to the person who said Percy should have died, I disagree. It'd be horrible if Percy died without being able to redeem himself.

I'm going to end this comment with a quote. “It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”

naggyyna (last edited Sep 04, 2013 02:44AM ) Sep 04, 2013 02:44AM   0 votes
hell yes. i mean, other people died too, but it didn't exactly reduce the sadness of fred's death

It was so unnecessary! :(

I was upset that so many people died. I mean come on!!
like fifty people died!!

I pretend it did not happen.

Well, I think everybody agrees that it's sad, but that's kinda why JK did it; It was a literary device to bring about an emotion... and it worked!!

Feliks (last edited Sep 03, 2013 11:39AM ) Sep 03, 2013 11:39AM   0 votes
Is any body else upset at SPOILERS?

Is any body else even knowing what 'spoilers' are? In the title of your post?

O_o

Isabelle I'm soooo sorry!(No sarcasm).:(
I know what it feels like.
...more
Sep 05, 2013 01:38PM · flag

If none of the important people died, it would not seem believable.

gutted that Fred got killed - I think it should have been Percy...

I cried. The movie and the book. I just couldn't hold it in. I was a mess with Snape's death as well.

only everyone