Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

My First Novel
This topic is about My First Novel
Adding New Books > Need help deleting spaces in author name

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan Watt | 1 comments Hello,

I just added a my latest book on Goodreads, but could not figure out how to attribute the book to my account. Apparently my Goodreads author account has three spaces in between my first and last name, and this seems to be preventing my book from linking to my page. Could you help me to resolve this issue?

My newest book is "My First Novel," a collection of essays. My other books include "The 90-Day Novel," "The 90-Day Rewrite," and "Diamond Dogs."

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 30, 2013 10:12AM) (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
The three two spaces (not sure why it was three, but it's two now) are to keep you and your books separate from this author http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/.... I moved the book over to your profile.

The extra space between your first and last names only shows up on book edit pages and your profile edit page, but it tells the system which books are yours. When adding a book manually, be sure to include the extra space, and the book will go where it belongs.

If you forget, just post a new thread in this group and any librarian can fix it for you.