Goodreads All Sorts discussion

The Other Typist
This topic is about The Other Typist
Monthly Group Reads > SEPT MONTHLY GROUP READ The Other Typist

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition (last edited Aug 30, 2013 10:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition This thread is open to discuss one of our two Monthly Group Reads, "The Other Typist" - please note you can download a free preview of this book from
Amazon if you want to start reading now...

We had a tie on the Poll this month, so I thought I would include both books - due to the lack of participation in the discussion of the last 2 monthly group reads. If the Group discussion continues to lag, I may consider referring the book (or books) elected to "Buddy Reads", where 2 or more individuals can discuss the books between themselves.

Debbie I loved this book!! It will be interesting to keep tabs on this discussion and see what other readers think.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there any gratuitous nudity in this book?

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition I have not read this book yet, so I don't know of any gratuitous nudity, but if it offends you, just skim over it. Nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want to.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

No, no. I don't feel like I'm being forced to read it. I just like to be prepared for the content since I share books with my Nieces and Nephew.

Malina I enjoyed this book, the ending certainly leads to a good discussion

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition I just finished reading the preview and found the author's descriptions very interesting:
"It was a husky voice, with the kind of low rattling timbre that made you watch the childish curl of her lips very closely to ensure you'd caught the words that were issuing from her mouth accurately. Her voice was like this until something delighted her or made her laugh, and then it rose and fell musically, like someone practicing scales on a piano. It was a paradox of innocent surprise and devilish complicity that proved intoxicating to everyone who heard it, and I wonder sometimes - even now - whether that voice was something she had carefully crafted ove the years or if she had simply been born with it."

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Still not that far into this book, as I am reading 3 books at once at the moment, but I keep wondering about what Rose actually looks like. An author usually gives you a pretty good picture of the main characters at the begining of a book, but since this protagonist is also the narrator, it is hard for me to visualize Rose's appearance. She seems to not think much of her physical self, but the Lieutenant appears to be attracted to her...

Debbie I noticed that too. However, I think it's because she doesn't think that much of herself. A hint as to the real Rose.

message 10: by Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition (last edited Sep 11, 2013 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Just finished this book and what an ending - I am still trying to figure out who was really who, who was crazy and who was a sociopath....what do you think?
(view spoiler)