FYA Book Club of Charm City discussion

Blogger Central > Introduction

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (booksenvogue) | 251 comments Mod
If you're a blogger, here's where you can promote and/ or ask for help.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a great idea. I have a question that maybe someone can answer. The basics are: my blog has been on Tumblr ever since I started it. In July 2012, I had someone make me a blog design that I really love. That someone is now taking down her website so she moved the files to Flickr so hopefully nothing goes wrong. But Tumblr has been giving me problems since last December and they are giving my designer errors. I've been trying to save all blog posts in Word which is a job in itself so I don't lose anything. Do any of you know anyone who can move my blog, design and all, to Wordpress, preferably without losing any posts? Thank you!

message 3: by Kat (new)

I would save the images to another 3rd party server like google pics or something for back up html coding. I know a blog designer that may be able to help you in the transition. Try Icey Designs. Hafsah is really nice and reasonably priced. She helped me with my blog design and she has other services. I have a blogspot blog, but I think she can do wordpress also. You'll have to ask her: iceydesigns.com.

message 4: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah Faizal (hafsahfaizal) | 3 comments Hi there!You can easily transfer posts from Tumblr to Wordpress using this plugin (developed by Wordpress.org): http://wordpress.org/plugins/tumblr-i...

You will need to create a Wordpress.org blog first, which involves purchasing a domain and web hosting (Blue Host is the easiest in my experience.

If you have any other questions, let me know! And yes, Katrina, I work with Wordpress too :) 

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Katrina and Hafsah! I will try to look into this more this weekend. Hafsah, how reliable is the plugin? Can I count on it to transfer all of my posts without losing them? I'm still in the process of saving them all in Word but I'm nowhere near close lol!

message 6: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah Faizal (hafsahfaizal) | 3 comments Hmm, I haven't used the plugin to be sure. I would recommend backing up the posts anyhow. I used the Blogger to Wordpress plugin, which transferred everything, without deleting them from Blogger. So I had a sort of reassurance. I'm not sure how it is with Tumblr though. I'm sorry!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That's ok! I appreciate the help you've given me! I still haven't looked at this stuff. I'm actually kind of dreading it, but I should look since my blog will probably go down on Tuesday if I don't.

message 8: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah Faizal (hafsahfaizal) | 3 comments Hah! Well, if you need anything, shoot me a message! Or email brainytex@gmail :)

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I've resolved to post book reviews on my author blog, and I put up little blurbs of a couple of the books we've read, if anyone is interested: www.elizabethrcorrigan.com I will likely be doing this in the future, but I only put up books I really like, so The Unquiet probably won't be making my list. ;-)

message 10: by Kat (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I've resolved to post book reviews on my author blog, and I put up little blurbs of a couple of the books we've read, if anyone is interested: www.elizabethrcorrigan.com I will likely be doing this..."

Hehehe! I'll check it out Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing.