Gardener's Group discussion

OGSG Archives > Just checking in

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Daniels | 4 comments I just joined this group and wanted to say hello to everyone. Looking forward to being an active member as I'm an avid gardener and constantly looking for new plants to plant and info to put to good use.

message 2: by peg (new)

peg (mcicutti) | 419 comments Hi, Gloria! Welcome.

I'm on the east coast in Pennsylvania.

Looking forward to your input:-)

message 3: by Cheryl S. (new)

Cheryl S. | 3501 comments Hi Gloria! I'm in Minnesota and enjoy hearing about gardening year round especially when we're buried under the snow.

Petra is slightly on hiatus doing bookshop work (petra-x) Hello Gloria, I'm in the Caribbean. I live in a rainforest and can't hardly garden but I try. I love to hear about everyone's gardening adventures, but perhaps especially the fruit and veg they grow. Do you grow any?

message 5: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Daniels | 4 comments Hello everyone,
Thank you all for the great welcome. I live in Maine, USA and totally understand about the snow, Cheryl.
Yes Petra, I grow lots of vegetables. Asparagus, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers,green beans, and all root vegetables like carrots, beets, and radishes. Also lots of squashes.
I also put up a lot by canning and freezing. This is a very busy season for me and I love it. I love knowing I have all that food stored for the winter, just like the squirrels.