Speaker Geeks! discussion

Debates Regarding Youth > Drinks That Are "Not Allowed in Schools"

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) Okay so I wanna know if this is actually a rule, at any school. Cause I got really mad. One day my sister was nice enough to make me a smoothie for breakfast. I drank it slowly, and was still drinking it when I got to first period. The teacher noticed my drink and told me to take it outside or put it in the trash. When I asked her why, she said ' if I drink water then you should also drink water' I was seriously pissed. Because I'm damn sure that there is no rule against drink beverages other than water or iced tea in my school.

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments My school has varied rules on his. Some allow us to have a flask of tea others don't. All teachers will allow water, but it depends on who it is I'd they allow you to have any other drink!!!

message 3: by Xdyj (new)

Xdyj | 127 comments The high school i went to does have a rule that no food or drink is allowed outside dining area except water. But they made it quite clear from the very beginning.

message 4: by Xdyj (last edited Sep 08, 2013 09:38PM) (new)

Xdyj | 127 comments Lia wrote: "Whoa, I can't even think of being allowed to drink only water in class. For the sole purpose of WHY WHY.

It's my tummy. It's not like I'm planning on sharing it with them because that'll be just..."

I think the problem is that if lots of ppl drink a lot of it in class, sooner or later someone will spill it :)

message 5: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Well, for grade school I think it's good to remove temptation by not having vending machines with sodas. It's not like the kids would die of thirst since there are always water fountains. And I think they should be able to have water bottles in the classroom.

If parents want to give their kids soft drinks with their lunches I think it should be allowed though. But I don't think they should be allowed in class just because spilled soda isn't nearly as easily cleaned as spilled water.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Our drinks have to be water in clear containers. It's easy to just replace the water with Sprite or clear Kool-aid or something though.

message 7: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Well at my school it depends. I drink soda on school grounds al the time, however in a class it depends on the teacher. I guess is somebody spills, they dont want to get ants, which is understandable.

message 8: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) Kaylee-

They don't care about ants. My school is gross. We've had a squirrel in the lunch room, and the teachers admit there are roaches in the school. Roaches, Rats and god know what other vermin.

message 9: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Onyx { Rebelious Italian Dancer Extraordinaire} wrote: "Kaylee-

They don't care about ants. My school is gross. We've had a squirrel in the lunch room, and the teachers admit there are roaches in the school. Roaches, Rats and god know what other vermin."

I once saw a rat at my school, it freaked me out I was young at the time. I told one of the teachers and he said there were loads around the school and then said the common phrase "You're never more than 3m from a rat"

We don't get roaches, or none that I've seen thankfully"

message 10: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) It's disgusting. And it annoys me.

message 11: by Som (new)

Som Our school didn't allow us to drink beer in the premises, let alone rum, scotch, whiskey...Really, really, ridiculously sad stuff....look away! );

message 12: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Lia wrote: "H99 wrote: "Lia wrote: "H99 wrote: "Lia wrote: "H99 wrote: "Lia wrote: "There's the difference now, we don't have janitors back in elem and high school. Not a single one.

The students were the on..."

My school has social events for the sixthform and the school provide alcohol for those. Which is nice. One girl a last year at a James Bond themed night almost lost us that privilege.

Smoking is banned but most students go just outside the school grounds to do it, I think gambling is banned but the people who do it never get caught, I think one teacher encourages and gives tips on gambling.