The Lorien Legacies discussion

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
This topic is about I Am Number Four
Lorien > Who is the descendant of Pittacus Lore?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jchris Esguerra | 2 comments After reading Rise of Nine and Fall of Five, I really have no idea yet of who is Pittacus Lore's descendant who will be the most powerful among them. It is still hard to know because they haven't fully developed their legacies. What do you guys think? and will he be the one to strike a fatal wound on Setrakus Ra just as the painting on the Loric cave back on India?

Weabee | 3 comments It's john it has to be

Andy  | 15 comments Okay so even I'm confused I was betting it would b either 8 or 9 or 4. But u know... When 8 died (sob) I was really all the more messed up. I really hope it's 4 though wasn't Ella the one who managed to wound Strekus Ra(NOT SURE WHETHER THAT'S THE RIGHT SPELLING).

But she isn't one of them right shes with the Mogs.

alice  (alicedownthereadershole) | 2 comments I want it too be John!
It has to be right?!

Andy  | 15 comments I hot it's Jhon too
It would be awesome

message 6: by Dan (new)

Dan Cen | 3 comments i hope its john, a lot of people hate john but why? hes a beast.

message 7: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel John probably because he's like the original character

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments I don't know but In the Fall of Five, ( Cough Spoiler ) Five took on Six, Marina, Nine and killed eight by himself. Seems like five is the strongest.

message 9: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel Yeah but it would suck if 5 were the descendent of pittacus

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments Yes I know. I guess we can only wait and see. The fifth book does not come out till august. Ahhhh. :(

Benjamin  Knox (bknox1196) | 40 comments Mod
that is quite a difficult question to answer, however, while it can't be answered for certain just yet, it can be narrowed down a bit. It couldn't be 5 because he is a traitor and I'm pretty sure that PL wouldn't allow that. Also, we can be pretty certain that it isn't Nine because of his demeanor, his character, and really PL would have at least given him a POV in one of the books to help the readers come to like him more. It seems like PL doesn't really care enough about Nine to make him the decedent. Well, it can't possibly be Eight for the obvious reasons unless you believe that he could come back to life. I personally don't see that happening considering the scar has already been burned into the other Garde, but anything is possible. I really really doubt it would be Ella because it was mentioned that her family tree went back to a member of the Elders that was removed from the group, therefore, we can pretty well assume that its not her. Six, she just doesn't really strike me as someone who would take on that role. I have always liked her but i really don't see her being the PL decedent. Marina could be, but I really am not too sure about that either. While i think she would play the role of PL being mature, wise and caring; i don't see her as being the leader type. This leaves John. I honestly believe that this is how the story is gonna end up. Ever since the Garde started coming together, he has always been the leader and a quite uncontested one at that. Also i do believe that he has become quite powerful as of book 4. I hope you guys like what I have to say and I would be happy to hear any feedback with what you think will end up.

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments @Ben,
I do believe you have lots of things right! But PL (The Author) always makes plot twist. PL, The loric elder was very powerful. Five did take on Six, Marina, Eight and Nine by himself. I know Four is still developing legacies they all are but so is Five right? Maybe in the next book to come, Five will reconsider what he did. Four did battle Nine and lost. Nine lost to five. But I think it is between Four and Five. Alto Five is a big traitor, he can still join the Garde members. I hardly think that without Five, and Eight now dead they have a slim Chance to win Stretakus Ra. Maybe Five will regret his mistake and realize that what he did was a wrong.

Samantha.jimenez68yahoo.com wrote: "@Ben,
I do believe you have lots of things right! But PL (The Author) always makes plot twist. PL, The loric elder was very powerful. Five did take on Six, Marina, Eight and Nine by himself. I..."

Now that you put it this way, I definitely agree with you about that. I personally hope that Five ends up with his butt kicked miraculously by Marina though lol. However i do think you raise a fair point! I do agree that without every Garde possible, the fight against Setrakus Ra would be very unlikely to succeed. Five would be a very valuable asset to the group and if he would have a change in heart and attitude, i could probably grow to tolerate him. but for now, i still hate him and i think that we all do.

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments @Ben
Yes. I agree on that. I never really liked his character. But we also have to understand he was raised by mogs. He isn't himself. He probably got brainwashed or something. Ha-ha. And I agree, Marina should have done worse to him. But I hope he does return, And he learns he made a mistake after all. They couldn't take Stretakus Rà on with Eight, imagine without him. They need Five even if his character sucks. Ha-ha. Well that's what I think. (:

@Samantha.jimenez68yahoo.com
Thanks for the quick comments! I really wasn't expecting to hear back from anybody in this discussion. I just like hearing what other people think and being able to be nerd and talk about the things that i think about all the time! Haha Its going to be a loooooooong wait till August, 2014! :(

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments I know! And Same. I think this Fandom is dead! Which is sad, these books are amazing! And I know. Im very impatient, and It's like 9 months away. :(

I really do not even begin to understand why this series hasn't gotten more love or popularity! It has however gotten a TON of hate by people comparing it to Shakespeare or John Milton. Seriously they need to lay off and take it as a YA science fiction book! This is probably my favorite book series at the time. i Just wish it didnt have all the strong language :/

Samantha (Samanthaa3) | 24 comments I agree! This series is great, and it always leaves you with questions! And it's not like most basic stories! This is creative, and I can't wait until the fifth book. There is no stories like this one. (:

Tayma  | 63 comments One, Two, and Three are all dead. Five is a traitor. Six and Nine are more like warriors. Marina(7) is more of a healer than a leader. Eight dies :(. Which leaves Ella and Four. Not sure who it is.

Andy  | 15 comments Samantha wrote: "@Ben,
I do believe you have lots of things right! But PL (The Author) always makes plot twist. PL, The loric elder was very powerful. Five did take on Six, Marina, Eight and Nine by himself. I..."

Okay you just said they have a slim chance of defeating Him - "I hardly think that without Five, and Eight now dead they have a slim Chance to win Stretakus Ra".
This could be true but maybe Pittacus( The author) has something in mind, for all we know maybe he gives one of them example four the power to bring back the dead or something. Or maybe one of them has something in their chests to help. Without eight what will happen to Marina? I'm pretty sure he has something in mind. Hopefully Five will come to. Even though Six, Marina, Eight and Nine couldn't take down Five you have to remember there were Mogs and creatures too helping him. Plus they were more concerned about getting Nine out of his reach. On top of that even though Eight died a new character replaced him. The Adam guy. He's supposed to posses One's power right. So it could ne he'll join forces with them. And Four's powers are definitely developing he's not a weakling. When he fought with Nine he wasn't prepared and since then in the third book he somehow got healing powers and healed Sarah and Ella. Even though their forces are small they have a lot of strong characters and I'm pretty sure Ella will help them in more ways than one. Hopefully Jhon is the reincarnation of Pl!

message 21: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha (neha71580) Tayma wrote: "One, Two, and Three are all dead. Five is a traitor. Six and Nine are more like warriors. Marina(7) is more of a healer than a leader. Eight dies :(. Which leaves Ella and Four. Not sure who it is."

Woah you made a point! Ella could be Pittacus too.

Andy  | 15 comments Ella isn't one of the Guarde....

message 23: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha (neha71580) Oh..darn right..

message 24: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel But I thought Ella was a garde, it's just that she doesn't have the loric charm...right?

Well it isn't clearly specified that Ella is actually a Garde or not. The fact that Ella could be the descendent of Setrakus Ra could be reason to believe that she isn't going to take the place of one of the Elders. I do think that she is a member of the Garde tho even though she might not take the role as an elder. (which I think she will end up doing anyway)

message 26: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha (neha71580) Cecily wrote: "But I thought Ella was a garde, it's just that she doesn't have the loric charm...right?"

She has powers so she is a Garde. But she's not just one of the elders that's all.

Tayma  | 63 comments Actually guys, Ella is Loric. She's not a cepan so she's a garde. Plus ella is an elder's great grandchild, so she's probably not setrakus ra's descendent. She's one of the only loric alive, so mostly she would grow up to take one of the elder's places. I'm not sure of anything yet but it's fun thinking abt it and guessing.

Tayma  | 63 comments Oh sorry guys, I got something wrong. Ella actually might be Strakus ra's descendent after all. Setrakus might be one of the original ten elders. He might be loric. If you just think about it; I think he has legacies(Shape-Shifting for example), He calls ella "my heir" so he might be her father or something. This is so complicated, but fun :)

Amanda Marx I personally think that Five is the reincarnation on PL. Why else would Setrakus Ra make such an effort to find and brainwash him? I mean out of all the guard... even when the next guard in the charm should have been his top priority. Also it seems will he was captured, Five was not treated like a prisoner, but a student. It only seems logical that Setrakus Ra would brainwash and control that particular guard, because if not, they would grow up to be able destroy him. So why not control that power himself?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its nine. Nine has more legacies than john,( i think) even though theyre the same age. Also nine is stronger, stronger than even six, and his story line seems to be leading up to something.

Danielle | 100 comments Nine, John, or Ella. Though most likely one of the guys than Ella. I can't wait to see What happens in The Revenge of Seven.

message 32: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan If any of you guys have read Five's Betrayal, it has an excerpt from Revenge of Seven and (spoiler) Ella is Setrakus's granddaughter. So Ella can't be the descendant of Pittacus because she's too busy being disgusted because she's Ra's heir. I mean, she has his (if he's humane enough to HAVE a gender) blood running THROUGH HER VEINS.
I think Pittacus Lore's descendant would be Four because the series is called I Am Number Four, and if he wasn't Pittacus's descendant, then why start the story with him in the first place?

Tayma  | 63 comments Totally agree with u hala

alice  (alicedownthereadershole) | 2 comments Hala wrote: "If any of you guys have read Five's Betrayal, it has an excerpt from Revenge of Seven and (spoiler) Ella is Setrakus's granddaughter. So Ella can't be the descendant of Pittacus because she's too b..."
I agree!!

Samantha | 16 comments I think it might be Five. Wouldn't Setrakus Ra want the most powerful Loric by his side? They would be unstoppable. If not Five, I think it might've been Eight. Both would move on the plot and might be smart choices from the author.

message 36: by Joec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joec (joe467910) | 27 comments Five?!? Nahh if it was five it would mean that the loric would have no chance of winning the war and so ruin the plot of the book.

Tayma  | 63 comments Actually it IS possible. If not then why would they concentrate on capturing five, between the rest of the loric, and train him. And ofcourse the loric HAVE to win or Ill go kill pittacus lore myself. Lol.

message 38: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan I will help kill him! But seriously if it is actually five then why us the series called I Am Number Four? There has to be a reason the series is named that. But also wouldn't it make sense that the descendant of Pittacus Lore is the last one to be charmed, so he can he protected as long as possible in order to kill Setrakus Ra?

Danielle | 100 comments I am Number Four is the first book but the series title is actually Lorien Legacies. Though I do think it's possible that it is four.

message 40: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan Also, let's just say that, for the benefit of the doubt, Five actually is Pittacus Lore's descendant. How would Setrakus Ra have known in the first place that Five truly is the descendant of Pittacus?

Danielle | 100 comments That's a good question. I doubt he has a way of knowing who it is.

message 42: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan Exactly. So anyone saying that the Mogs targeted and trained Five because he is Pittacus's descendant, how do the Mogadorians know?

message 43: by Joec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joec (joe467910) | 27 comments ^^^

message 44: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha (neha71580) That's the question isn't it? What do the Mogadorians know?? DO they know about Setrakus being Loric?

Angelo | 4 comments I like your theories Hala however, I feel that most people are overlooking 7 due to her "lack" of power. John is the most obvious choice due to everything that you stated. Also 5 seems like the clear favorite in reference to pure power. 7 brings a sense of warmth and calmness to the team that no other Garde matches. Most of her legacies before the final encounter with 5 seem centered around survival and preservation. This makes her unique among the Garde. I'm definitely leaning towards John but if not I think Marina has a strong chance at being PL.

I've said it before, but every one of the Garde accepts John as the natural leader, even Nine has openly stated it. It would only make sense for him to be PL. Maybe because it's taking John more time to develop his legacies than the others, it means something different is going to happen with him. Just a thought. However, what "makes sense" doesn't really mean a whole lot considering the crazy events that are taking place in every book. Anything's possible.

message 47: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan I agree with both Benjamin and Angelo, because Seven seemed angry and powerful at the end of Fall of Five(if it was me I would have tortured and killed Five right there) and in the first book, John said that emotions trigger Legacies. He was so worried and frustrated about Henri that his telekinesis showed up, and Marina's ice Legacy thing (I still don't understand it that much) was triggered by Eight's death.

And we are all too familiar with Pittacus's insane plot twists.

message 48: by Joec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joec (joe467910) | 27 comments But even when the descendant of PL is discovered, wouldn't it take a Looong time for them to develop the legacies and be able to use them effectively? And by that time the mogadorians may have already taken over Earth?

message 49: by hala (new) - rated it 5 stars

hala elayan Not necessarily, it might be faster because the powers are more powerful.

Virginia Di Consoli (jinya26) | 35 comments But actually.......at the end of "Five's Betrayal" Setrakus says that he showed Pittacus the future..he also knew that Ella would be at his side...so one of his legacies is the "prediction", he knows everything and maybe he showed the end of earth to PL.
Was PL so stupid to not tell anyone??????and Setrakus could know who will be PL descendant....

« previous 1