The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hii I'm new but not new to reading. (:

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments Hi
Just wanna introduce myself,my name is Marie and my addiction is books. Today i just purchased 2 new books from a book store that is saddly :( closing down. Northanger abbey by Jane Austen and A book of Major tales and poems by Edgar Allan Poe. Defiantly going back this weekend to raid the sales racks. Lately i've been picking up old classics and such that catch my eye. Anyone have any suggestions?:)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (_afkbookworm_) Have you read Tess of the D'ubervilles? It's not one of my favorite books but if you're looking for older ones I;d try that. And maybe Little women, that's quite good.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Hi Marie, welcome to the group and boooo for a store closing.

I've always loved One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, Old Man and the Sea, and East of Eden...

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments Jessica wrote: "Have you read Tess of the D'ubervilles? It's not one of my favorite books but if you're looking for older ones I;d try that. And maybe Little women, that's quite good."

Ill defiantly add those to my reading list, i haven't read them yet but that will soon change probably.. Thanks for the suggestions (:

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments Lori wrote: "Hi Marie, welcome to the group and boooo for a store closing.

I've always loved One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, Old Man and the Sea, and East of Eden..."

Catcher in the rye is one of my favorites, and Lord of the flies is on our list for school this year, I've heard different things about it, but I'll try anthing thing once. The other three I'll keep a look out for, Thanks(:

message 6: by Leon (new)

Leon Mare (LeonMare) | 21 comments The Old Man and the Sea..... Nostalgia! Like everything else by Hemingway, this book made a very lasting impression.

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments I'll defiantly have to keep a look out for some of his stuff next time i'm in a book store.

message 8: by Kyly (new)

Kyly (mermaid121) hi welcome to the group!