THE Group for Authors! discussion

Writer's Circle > What does it mean?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 161 comments Last night I asked all powerful library wizards this question, "Why after I downloaded my ebook into goodreads and tested it to make sure that it works, that I get this message saying (the ebook can't be downloaded)." Their answer - "I have know idea, pose the question to the Author Feedback Group." So all enlightened authors who have experienced this phenomenon please enlighten my ignorance!

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex (ucbstirling) | 140 comments Hi Frederick,

I'll take a loot at your ebook and get back to you shortly.

message 3: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 161 comments Alex wrote: "Hi Frederick,

I'll take a loot at your ebook and get back to you shortly."

Thanks

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex (ucbstirling) | 140 comments Hi Frederick,

Your ebook for An Unkept Promise seems to be working fine in the in-browser reader, with a cut-off at 20%. You currently have the settings for the ebook (book page>edit details>edit ebook) set so that members can only read the sample in the browser for free. If you'd rather they be able to download it and read it outside of their browser, I would advise creating a separate file that only includes the 20% you'd like to share and uploading it as an excerpt instead.

For The Great Promise, you have uploaded a PDF file, which is currently only visible in the edit book details page. I have uploaded the PDF again with in-browser reading in order to test it, but it will take a bit of time to finish uploading.

message 5: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 161 comments I thought I uploaded a ePub file. Using goodreads format how would I create a separate file for the 20% - actually I think it would be best just to make it available for members to read it. Can I go back and change my selection? Should I delete the PDF and download the epub?

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex (ucbstirling) | 140 comments I think that might be the best option. You can delete the pdf from the edit book details page, and then upload an ePub with the 20% cut-off just like An Unkept Promise.