Ask Megan Powell - Thursday, August 29th discussion

Ask Me Something

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganpwrites) | 5 comments Mod
Welcome to the Q&A Discussion Group for author Megan Powell! Feel free to ask any question about NO PEACE FOR THE DAMNED, NO LOVE FOR THE WICKED, the Magnolia Kelch series, writing, books, or any other related topic. If your question includes spoilers, please mark it as such. I'll do my best to answer questions quickly and with as much information as I'm able to give. I've had my second cup of coffee so I'm as ready to go as I'm going to get! ;)

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Darnell ridens | 2 comments I want more. What is the timeframe for the next book? Also, do you have anything else in the works?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Norris | 1 comments I love how complex Magnolia's character is and how personal the plot and stakes are to her. How did you come up with this idea, and which came first--plot or character?

message 4: by Megan (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I want more. What is the timeframe for the next book? Also, do you have anything else in the works?"

I'm so glad you enjoy the series! The timeframe for the next book is a bit up in the air right now. I was originally contracted with 47North for two books. I will have to keep you posted on when the third is going to happen but I do know that it WILL happen. :) As far as other things in the works, I have a paranormal romance for which I am currently revising for submission.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Darnell ridens | 2 comments Oh yes. I forgot you told me that.

Have you always had an interest in this genre as a reader and writer or is this a new found love?

message 6: by Megan (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I love how complex Magnolia's character is and how personal the plot and stakes are to her. How did you come up with this idea, and which came first--plot or character?"

So glad you like her! She is pretty close to my heart so I love it when other people 'get' her. The plot definitely came first. I originally wrote the first book in third person focusing on several characters within the Network. Magnolia's voice was just so loud I couldn't NOT focus on her. ;) Once I switched the story to first person it flowed much easier. I loved that she was a heroine who WANTS to be good but for whom 'goodness' doesn't necessarily come naturally. She has to work at doing the right thing. And for someone with her abilities and power, that's a line that isn't easily walked. :)

message 7: by Megan (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Oh yes. I forgot you told me that.

Have you always had an interest in this genre as a reader and writer or is this a new found love?"

I really enjoyed writing urban fantasy but I think my love is in paranormal romance. I love all those vampire and demon and werewolf books. More than that, I love series where I can really get into the characters' ongoing lives. Some of my favorites are JR Ward's BDB series, JD Robb Eve Dallas series, Jeannine Frost, Kelley Armstrong, Laurell K Hamilton...the list goes on and on. I've just recently started reading some New Adult books and have enjoyed those and am currently trying really hard to get into a new YA series. We'll see how that goes. ;)

message 8: by Megan (new)

Ken wrote: "Megan, just found out a couple of days ago that I won a copy of "No Love..." from Goodreads! Woo hoo! Enjoyed the first one and am eager to read the second. Will be hitting you up for an autograph!"

That's awesome, Ken!! Let me know when you get it and I would love to sign it for you!