The Very Omnibus Bookclub! discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
Past Books of the Month > September's BotM-Cinder

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) | 717 comments Mod
This is where we will be discussing Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer .
Feel free to post while you are reading using spoiler tags (view spoiler) so you can post what you're thinking without giving it away. You can find how to do spoiler tags by clicking on "some html is ok" at the top of the box that you're typing in.
(view spoiler)

Nakita | 57 comments i really suck at reading books in a month.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Nakita, That's why I do audio where I can. :) I'm still waiting for this one from the library.

message 4: by Katelyn (new) - added it

I understand. It is in no way mandatory and you can take as much time as you need. That's why we'll use the spoiler tags. :)

Nakita | 57 comments I finished Cinder! I really enjoyed it! it was a little predictable but i still enjoyed it quite a bit. :)

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Whomever is borrowing it from the library is taking too long... :/

message 7: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Nakita wrote: "I finished Cinder! I really enjoyed it! it was a little predictable but i still enjoyed it quite a bit. :)"

Wow you're quick! I'll probably start it in a couple of days after I finish Origin. Glad you liked it! Think you're gonna read the sequel?

message 8: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Whomever is borrowing it from the library is taking too long... :/"

Jerks!

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "Whomever is borrowing it from the library is taking too long... :/"

Jerks!"

*Like*

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
wow i havnt even started it

message 11: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "wow i havnt even started it"

Me either. Nakita is just ahead of the game. :)

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Woo! Cinder is finally available for me to pick up from the library! I shall head up there later today, after I leave my sister's place.

message 13: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Woo! Cinder is finally available for me to pick up from the library! I shall head up there later today, after I leave my sister's place."

Yay! I will probably start Cinder tonight. :)

message 14: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "Woo! Cinder is finally available for me to pick up from the library! I shall head up there later today, after I leave my sister's place."

Yay! I will probably start Cinder tonight. :)"

Woohoo!

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
I just started it :)

message 16: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "I just started it :)"

*like* -I will start it after I finish my homework.

message 17: by Amy (last edited Sep 06, 2013 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments I finished the first disc last night. ^_^ Starting the second one after checking out this 'The Fray' album I got from the pawn shop. :)

message 18: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments This is an.. interesting book. There's something I sometimes don't quite like about it, but for the most part, it's pretty good. It's different. :)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Yep i like it so far :)

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments ...Crap. ...Now I have to read the next one.... *Blink blink* Did I really just listen to that entire book in one day??? (Minus the first disc I listened to last night)

message 21: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments It was a little predictable, but it was interesting.

message 22: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "...Crap. ...Now I have to read the next one.... *Blink blink* Did I really just listen to that entire book in one day??? (Minus the first disc I listened to last night)"

Haha! That's awesome! A lot of times the first books are pretty predictable and the next books get better. At least with YA trilogies.
I've barely started it...

message 23: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "I finished the first disc last night. ^_^ Stating the second one after checking out this 'The Fray' album I got from the pawn shop. :)"

Ooh, I love the Fray! :)

message 24: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "...Crap. ...Now I have to read the next one.... *Blink blink* Did I really just listen to that entire book in one day??? (Minus the first disc I listened to last night)"

Haha! That's a..."

Yeah, but unlike 'City of Bones', I enjoyed this story. It was more.. I don't know.. Up my alley? I guess. But yeah, I've already requested the second one from the library. :)

message 25: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "I finished the first disc last night. ^_^ Stating the second one after checking out this 'The Fray' album I got from the pawn shop. :)"

Ooh, I love the Fray! :)"

Me too. ^_^

message 26: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Also Katelyn, it's understandable that you've barely started it considering the day you've had... :(

message 27: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "...Crap. ...Now I have to read the next one.... *Blink blink* Did I really just listen to that entire book in one day??? (Minus the first disc I listened to last night)"..."

Yay!

message 28: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Also Katelyn, it's understandable that you've barely started it considering the day you've had... :("

Yeah, I haven't read at all today...Maybe tomorrow. :)

message 29: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Yep. :)

message 30: by Katelyn (last edited Sep 06, 2013 09:49PM) (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Yep. :)"

P.S. Sorry it's taking me so long to get to the books you're letting me borrow...

message 31: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Katelyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "Yep. :)"

P.S. Sorry it's taking me so long to get to the books you're letting me borrow..."

Hey, I practically forgot I even lent any to you. I think it might've been yesterday when I was at my sister's and happened to see her copy of Marley and Me that made me think "Oh yeah. I lent that to Katelyn, didn't I?" Needless to say, there's no hurry whatsoever. :) I won't be reading them again any time soon. Probably won't ever re-read Memory Keeper and I have plenty of books ahead of re-reading Marley and Me, so no worries. ^_^

message 32: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Yay so I finished it and I thought it was freaking awesome and I will write more (and rate it since I can't decide between a 4 and a 5 right now) after I finish my homework... In my opinion this is the best BotM so far.

message 33: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments I agree. Definitely the best BotM so far. ^_^

message 34: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (leafmary) | 3 comments Can movie rights please happen????

message 35: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fredlund | 190 comments Mary wrote: "Can movie rights please happen????"

*Like*

message 36: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Mary wrote: "Can movie rights please happen????"

Right?! I would love to see this on the big screen!

message 37: by Katelyn (new) - added it

I think part of the reason I was drawn to this story is I loved Cinderella as a child but as an adult, not so much. This story was based off of it, but it was a much more awesome story. Cinder (the character) was way cooler, the story was awesome, and once I got halfway through I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed this dystopian spin-off of the classic fairy-tale.

message 38: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (leafmary) | 3 comments Katelyn wrote: "Mary wrote: "Can movie rights please happen????"

Right?! I would love to see this on the big screen!"

Yes! With Kai being a real asian and not some white person Hollywood claims is Kai. White people aren't the best thing out there hahaha and I am white

message 39: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Mary wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "Mary wrote: "Can movie rights please happen????"

Yes! With Kai being a real asian and not some white person Hollywood claims i..."

I agree, they shouldn't change his ethnicity/race. We need more diversity on screen!

message 40: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (leafmary) | 3 comments Katelyn wrote: "Mary wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "Mary wrote: "Can movie rights please happen????"

Yes! With Kai being a real asian and not some white person Holly..."

Exactly!