Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > What does it mean?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 3 comments I downloaded my ePub book last night and it was accepted. I reviewed it in reader without a problem. I clicked on the post link and I received, "Can't download ebook" was displayed on my author's page without an explanation of what it means....so I ask Mr and Mrs Wizard "What does it mean?"

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23756 comments No idea Frederick, you probably should ask in the Author Feedback Group.

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Frederick wrote: "I downloaded my ePub book last night and it was accepted. I reviewed it in reader without a problem. I clicked on the post link and I received, "Can't download ebook" was displayed on my author's page without an explanation of what it means....so I ask Mr and Mrs Wizard "What does it mean?"

Assuming you mean the epub you UPloaded to "World War 1 - An Unkept Promise" on the 27th then it DOWNloads (to my PC) correctly and I can read what looks like the whole book. Which 'post link' are you referring to?

message 4: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 3 comments To the epub UPload. When I click on the ebook from my author's page the following warning is displayed. [This ebook can not be downloaded]. I am assuming that means that members can not download the epub or is it that members can view 20% of the book but can not download the epub? Or they can view the entire book through their browser but can not download the book? It is very confusing....I think I have a headache.

message 5: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Coxen (FLCoxen) | 3 comments Have you tried to look at the book? Are you able to read it? If you click on the ebook do you get the same message? I other words, is it working?

message 6: by Banjomike (last edited Aug 29, 2013 09:32AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Frederick wrote: "Have you tried to look at the book? Are you able to read it? If you click on the ebook do you get the same message? I other words, is it working?"

After the cover, I get "LETTER FROM THE IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM CONCERNING THE JOURNAL", chapter 1 starts "When war was declared, the Regular Army comprised 247,432 men (all ranks), of which 79,000 were in India.", chapter 16 "Chapter 16 COMING HOME In July 2011 I contacted both the Imperial War and the Royal Artillery Museums, to determine..." then a glossary. Formatting is fine. My reader tells me there are 284 pages but that depends on the reader so don't rely on that but it all looks OK and is on my 'pending reading' shelf.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42421 comments Mod
This was answered in the Author Feedback Group. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.