Rochester Reads discussion

General > Fun and/or Useful Websites for Readers/Writers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 23 comments Do you know of any fun websites (aside from Goodreads, of course!) aimed toward readers and/or writers? If so, share them with the group! We all love learning about fun and new things!

message 2: by Bobbe (last edited Aug 29, 2013 08:32AM) (new)

Bobbe Ryan | 4 comments www.wattpad.com is the "place to be" with teens today. It's free, and you can read or write and submit stories. You can also follow your favorite authors with the help of wattpad, as you are notified by email when a new chapter is submitted, etc.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 23 comments I'm a big fan of yournextread.com. It helps me find new books that I otherwise may not try. I recommend it to friends all the time!

message 4: by Bobbe (new)

Bobbe Ryan | 4 comments Our own Rochester Library website provides a wonderful resource called Novelist. It's great for finding books, read-alike authors, similar topics, and best of all----an easy way to identify the order of books in a series! It is very user friendly and simple to navigate, and all you need is your Rochester library card to access.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 23 comments National Novel Writing Month is coming up! If you've ever thought about writing a book, NaNoWriMo may just be your event! Check it out at nanowrimo.org. :)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 23 comments NaNoWriMo is officially underway! If you are participating this year, you might also like writeordie.com. :)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Matthews | 3 comments Community.compuserve.com, they have a books and writers section which has all kinds of forums. I spend a lot of wasted time reading the stuff on there!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 23 comments Thanks for the suggestion! I wouldn't call any time spent reading as wasted, though! :)

Oh! And as a side note, I recently found a fun little website designed to encourage writing. It's called Written? Kitten! Anyone interested can check it out by visiting http://writtenkitten.net/