Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) Dark Lover discussion

Who should play the role of Wrath if this series is turned into a movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amina (last edited Aug 28, 2013 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amina I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath.

Erika Stuart he may work lol but I don't want a movie, they will try to pack everything into a 90 min film. it would be much better as an HBO show and Ward MUST have input on it so they cant mess it up!

Amina yeah HBO show will be better

message 4: by D (new) - rated it 4 stars

D I wasn't familiar with Jason Momoa as I don't watch Game of Thrones. After seeing a pic of him as Conan the Barbarian...oh yeah, that would work for me.

AGirlAmongstBooks Ameena wrote: "I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath."

YES! He would be fitting!

Lynda Bester Ameena wrote: "I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath."

Feaking perfect...who do you picture Blay as? I keep seeing Sam from Supernatural...

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ No one. This series should never be turned into a movie or tv show. It's too complex of a world & characters for anyone to get right or close to what the majority of fans would like to see, if it were translated from book to screen. I'm all for adaptations of some books to screen but for some reason, for me, when it comes to the BDB I wouldn't want it to go to the screen. I really feel like it would be ruined if it ever did.

Amina Lynda wrote: "Ameena wrote: "I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath."

Feaking perfect...who do you picture Blay as? I keep seeing Sam from Supernatura..."

i have just started reading the second book in the series, so I don't know who blay is. I can't wait to finish this series.

Lynda Bester ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "No one. This series should never be turned into a movie or tv show. It's too complex of a world & characters for anyone to get right or close to what the majority of fans would like to see, if it w..."

I agree with the complex part. but i just meant that the face i give him when i imagine him while reading, is that of sam. And i agree. No program would do this series justice.

Olivia Dominic Purcell. I know he's already played a similar role in the Blade movie but damn, he makes a hot vampire!

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Jason Momoa would be very cool but i hope its a show to it would better more time to develop there stories and the raunch from the books belongs on HBO so it stays true to the books.

Pamela Ennis I agree with Princess Nhya the series should not be made you could find enough decent people to fill the rolls and everytime someone makes a movie out of a series they are forever changing it to fit them. Just leave it alone and let people use their imagination for themselves.

Rebecca Hands down Jason Momoa from games of thrones! When he came across the screen on HBO the only thing that ran through my mind was WRATH!!!

Kelly Molloy ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "No one. This series should never be turned into a movie or tv show. It's too complex of a world & characters for anyone to get right or close to what the majority of fans would like to see, if it w..."

I so agree with you they would never get it to work!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jason Momoa hands down! i do hope they make it into a series. they probably might. its more popular than most books right now

Shelly D wrote: "I wasn't familiar with Jason Momoa as I don't watch Game of Thrones. After seeing a pic of him as Conan the Barbarian...oh yeah, that would work for me."

Same here!! As soon as I saw him it hit home!! He would be perfect...body, hair and all!! YUMMY

Cindi Oh, there are many more pics of Momoa that are way more Wrath-like than that one! Enjoy a good search!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jason Momoa not only looks dangerous, sometimes he looks so unkempt, we wonder if he bathes. thats y he should be wrath. man of the wilderness

Daria Amina wrote: "I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath."

um hella yes!!

Brandi I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!

Dianne Daria wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQGUv..."

That is really an amazing video! The pictures that were used are almost exactly how I picture the characters...well the characters I know (I'm only on book 2 hehe) :D

Melanie Tikalsky I would not want to see this series screwed up by HBO like they did to TrueBlood.. I would be seriously pizzed if they did that to this series!!

message 24: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin O'Riordan I've always pictured it more as anime than a live-action movie, but if it were going to be a movie/TV show - I was going to say Vin Diesel, but Jason Momoa is a very, very good choice, too.

message 25: by Paris (new)

Paris Daria wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQGUv..."

It a really good choice of characters loved the video

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Melanie wrote: "I would not want to see this series screwed up by HBO like they did to TrueBlood.. I would be seriously pizzed if they did that to this series!!"

Some people think True Blood is better on HBO. They kept a lot of characters that were in popular demand.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Brandi wrote: "I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!"

well, he's also have to wear a wig and play Phury

Wendy Putnam waters Jason Momoa would be great!!

Amina Daria wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQGUv..."

wow!!! perfect.

Brandi Tara wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!"

well, he's also have to wear a wig and play Phury"

Maybe, maybe not, from the sounds of it they don't look exactly alike. Maybe they can find someone who looks like him but leaner and with hair.

Melanie Tikalsky Tara wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I would not want to see this series screwed up by HBO like they did to TrueBlood.. I would be seriously pizzed if they did that to this series!!"

Some people think True Blood is be..."

True Blood is a good show on TV however it varies greatly from the books. I would not want to see that happen to BDB books. Alan Ball bastardized a perfectly good book series by taking his opinion on what the story line should be. Again, J.R. Ward did a great job with the books and they should not be changed or altered in anyway.

message 32: by Paris (new)

Paris Hi yes I agree Jason Monoa would be great to for zadist

message 33: by Gaye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaye Brandi wrote: "I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!"

Good call!!

message 34: by Jade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade Royal Olivia wrote: "Dominic Purcell. I know he's already played a similar role in the Blade movie but damn, he makes a hot vampire!"

I think that he'd play a good Tohr. He looks like he could play the part of the "general" which is definitely the part of Tohr.

message 35: by Jade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade Royal Gaye wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!"

Good call!!"

I totally agree with this one!

message 36: by Jade (last edited Sep 18, 2013 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade Royal I think Sam Worthington would make an awesome Blaylock! I'm not sure who his Qhuinn would be yet but its a start! lol

Anita Melanie wrote: "I would not want to see this series screwed up by HBO like they did to TrueBlood.. I would be seriously pizzed if they did that to this series!!"

I gotta agree with you. HATED what they did to TrueBlood. Love Dexter, but WAY different than the books and Game of Thrones book was great...afraid to watch the series!! I have read all of the books in this series, and it would be too simplistic to make a series out of them...would only ruin the imagination!!

message 38: by Paris (new)

Paris I really don't think it would be a good idear to turn this in to a film as it will be nothing like the books and we would all be disappointed ...

message 39: by Gaye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaye We are only playing make believe. I don't think they are making a movie about the books, we are indulging in a game of What if and who are our fantasy cast.

message 40: by Paris (new)

Paris As I have said if you read a book and then it's turned into a film it's never the same will have to look up some actors and get back to you x

message 41: by Emme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emme I always pictured Wrath more viking than dark. While I think that Jason Momoa should DEFINITELY play -someone-, I'm picturing Wrath as more of a Alexander Skarsgård type. No, NOT because of True Blood -- because of the tall, muscular, & blonde.

Tiffany If only Peter Steele....lead singer of Type O Negative....were still alive. OMG He is my Wrath hands down!!! Google him girls!!!

Chris ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "No one. This series should never be turned into a movie or tv show. It's too complex of a world & characters for anyone to get right or close to what the majority of fans would like to see, if it w..."

I completely agree.

Amina Tiffany wrote: "If only Peter Steele....lead singer of Type O Negative....were still alive. OMG He is my Wrath hands down!!! Google him girls!!!"

Oh my gosh!!!! you are right, he is wrath!!

Amina Gaye wrote: "We are only playing make believe. I don't think they are making a movie about the books, we are indulging in a game of What if and who are our fantasy cast."

my point exactly.

Marcia Gaye wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I had to google Jason Momoa, totally agree, he's Wrath. I can see Dominic Purcell as Zsadist!"

Good call!!"

I second that!

Stephanie Jason Momoa is a great choice! I loved him as Drogo

Tmonique Stephens Amina wrote: "I would say Jason Momoa(Khal drogo) from Game of Thrones will be perfect to play the role of Wrath."

I completely agree! I love Jason.

Saria Absolutely Jason Momoa..I picture him as Wrath, when reading the book.

Melissa Phoenix I had to look Jason Momoa up on Google as well. Him as Wrath though maybe, but him as Vishous. *Drools* now that could work or possibly him as Zsadist.

« previous 1