The Hobbit, or There and Back Again The Hobbit, or There and Back Again discussion

What will the third movie be about?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michaela So I thought the second one would cover Beorn, Spiders, Barrels, and probably the white council getting Sauron out of Mirkwood. But it looks like it's going to have the dragon stuff too. So does anyone know or have an idea what the third movie will be about???

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall Fran Walsh said that the second one would deal with the Battle of the Five Armies and the stiff leading up to it.

As far as my thoughts are they might add Bilbo's journey back the Shire but I wouldn't jump and down for joy if they did.

Michaela Haha well I mean, what would that even be? There's barely any details about in in the book, I think it was pretty uneventful. The journey back, i mean.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall Step one: go through Mirkwood this time with a wizard and elven backing so basically *snore*
Step two: go to Beorn's halls and party for a while before leaving again. Okay....
Step three: Sing song about journeying that they will definitely include(they'd better!) yay!

Or maybe I'm just overly cynical lol.

Karla Goodhouse From what I've heard the third movie will cover the events between the end of the Hobbit and the beginning of Lord of the Rings, pulling materials from the appendices and other Tolkien works. However, I have no idea what specific events will be shown.

Michaela Karla wrote: "From what I've heard the third movie will cover the events between the end of the Hobbit and the beginning of Lord of the Rings, pulling materials from the appendices and other Tolkien works. Howev..."

WOW. Well they better not forget the title of the darn thing is "The Hobbit." That's set in stone. lol!

Michaela Rowenna of the Hawkswood wrote: "Step one: go through Mirkwood this time with a wizard and elven backing so basically *snore*
Step two: go to Beorn's halls and party for a while before leaving again. Okay....
Step three: Sing son..."

HAHA! that would be an awesome 15 minute movie lol XD

Michaela Cody wrote: "So, what we have left for the two movies: [spoilers removed]"
Yeah, I guess there's more than I'm thinking of.

message 9: by S (new)

S If the third movie is about the Battle of the 5 Armies, it should only be 2 hours, but ,since this is Peter Jackson, it won't be.

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Rowenna ~History not Herondale~ wrote: "Step one: go through Mirkwood this time with a wizard and elven backing so basically *snore*
Step three: Sing son..."

Of course these movie makers will do what they want, but in the book, Gandalf and Bilbo chose not to go back through Mirkwood, but went the northern route with Beorn as company. Now that would be great!

Julia The third movie will be an extremely dramatic enactment of the Battle of 5 Armies (which will seem like a remake of the LOTR battles). They'll probably end the 2nd movie with Gandalf's warning of the goblins approaching and the 3rd movie will be little more than gratuitous bloodshed.

Oh, with a bit of background from Silmarillion so the producers can claim there's substance.