Reading with Style discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Fall 2013 10.8 - Anika's task - "Something wicked this way comes"

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz M (new)

Liz M 10.8 - Anika's task - "Something wicked this way comes":
Read a book whose title was inspired by Shakespeare. Ideas can be found on this wiki page or this web site (click the name of a Shakespeare play on the left to see titles). If using a source other than the wiki list, please provide the Shakespeare play & the quote that inspired the book title.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2261 comments Do we have to pick these specific books on the lists?

message 3: by Liz M (last edited Aug 27, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Liz M Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Do we have to pick these specific books on the lists?"

No, but you do have to be able to provide the specific play/line that the title quotes if the book is not included on the linked wiki page.

ETA: there are hundreds of titles on the second link -- a Shakespeare website, so there should be plenty of books to choose from.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2261 comments I went off of the Shakespeare website for my selection.

message 5: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 261 comments Will this title work? (from Macbeth)
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11844 comments Jenifer wrote: "Will this title work? (from Macbeth)
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown"

Yes, but please when posting include the scene. (Macbeth, Act 2, Scene 1,
"I dreamt last night of the three weird sisters:
To you they have show'd some truth."

message 7: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 261 comments okay. Thanks

message 8: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 2304 comments I notice that the Shakespeare website includes titles that are inspired not by quotes but also by stage directions and characters. Would Enter a Murderer and Caliban's War work?

message 9: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Coralie wrote: "I notice that the Shakespeare website includes titles that are inspired not by quotes but also by stage directions and characters. Would Enter a Murderer and Caliban's War work?"

I would accept "Enter a murder" as it is in the text of Macbeth. I can't find a reference/quote for "Caliban's War".

message 10: by Rebekah (last edited Oct 09, 2013 03:46PM) (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4227 comments Caliban is a character in The Tempest. So if the name of one of Will's characters is in the title does it count?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.