Speaker Geeks! discussion

Debate Tournaments > Questions/Concerns

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Purvika (last edited Aug 28, 2013 07:37AM) (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Can we comment on someone's reply .... I mean on other team debates ? ... If we like it... I mean as a spectator.. and not as a reply to post ? To appreciate if we like what they write ?

message 2: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
No, I'd say just keep it between them. It would get a little confusing for the judges especially.

message 3: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Ok ok got it :)

message 4: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
H99 wrote: "Once the debates are done, are they moved to a different folder, one for old debates, so that we can go back and read them? It would get pretty full after a while in this folder, right?"

I was just going to delete them week to week to keep the folder small and accessible. Don't know about keeping ALL of them...

message 5: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
H99 wrote: "Purvika wrote: "Can we comment on someone's reply .... I mean on other team debates ? ... If we like it... I mean as a spectator.. and not as a reply to post ? To appreciate if we like what they wr..."

Love it! :)

message 6: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'm thinking that the mods should judge. Be put in charge of debates, but only on certain weeks so that they too can participate if they wish.

message 7: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

Dion (my_booklove) | 446 comments Mod
Leah wrote: "I'm thinking that the mods should judge. Be put in charge of debates, but only on certain weeks so that they too can participate if they wish."

that could work. You could allocate mods folders and then each week they have to go through and delete/check that everything is working well and as planned. If a mod is unable to, for some reason, they can post on Mod Chat and ask someone else to. But I do request that people respect the opinions of the mod because personally I'm worried someone won't agree with me when I say it's over or whatever. I don't want to offend anyone or anything...

message 8: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments When do the debate tournaments end? I know it is on friday but is it in the evening?

message 9: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Will be get a notice that that will be our last post after that post we cannot continue on the same topic as time limit is over ? Or you will just stop it without notifying ?

message 10: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'll probably just stop it tonight and announce tomorrow via group message.

message 11: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Was just wondering, can we voluntarily ask for opposite team to debate with ? For coming week, beforehand ?

message 12: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I think that it would be too confusing to do that/people would get their feelings hurt. Let's just stick to random opposite teams, at least for right now. :)

message 13: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments I think there should be a rule that Atleast one person of the team post the comment Atleast once a day :/

message 14: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Leah wrote: "I think that it would be too confusing to do that/people would get their feelings hurt. Let's just stick to random opposite teams, at least for right now. :)"

Ok then no probs ..

message 15: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Purvika wrote: "I think there should be a rule that Atleast one person of the team post the comment Atleast once a day :/"

I will post something tomorrow. I'm just swamped with work since going back to school. I've a double free first thing so I'll post then.

message 16: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments Evan wrote: "Purvika wrote: "I think there should be a rule that Atleast one person of the team post the comment Atleast once a day :/"

I will post something tomorrow. I'm just swamped with work since going ba..."

Ok ... :) thx