Dracula Dracula discussion

Looking for an Old Dracula Pastiche

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily No offense to all the puritans out there, but I much prefer Dracula as a guest in other fiction. :)

When I was young (preteen), I remembered reading a book about Dracula, in which a young girl (Slavic) began dreaming of her "Dark Angel." She was eventually taken from her family and brought to a castle, and finds out that her angel is, in fact, Dracula (or Vlad, can't remember which.)

I remember the cover being red, and it was an old book at the time I read it (might have been published in the 70's or 80's.)

I realize these are all pretty vague descriptions of the book, I've been looking all over and reading through different lists and nothing's struck a chord so far.

If you could help me out, I'd be eternally grateful. I'd love to re-read it. A book usually doesn't stick that long in my memory, so it must be good!

Emily

Hope Emily wrote: "No offense to all the puritans out there, but I much prefer Dracula as a guest in other fiction. :)

When I was young (preteen), I remembered reading a book about Dracula, in which a young girl (Sl..."

Could it be The Darkangel series by Meredith Ann Pierce?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily THAT'S THE ONE! Thank you so very much!

Sylvie I thought it might be The Angry Angel by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro The Angry Angel (Sisters of the Night series, #1) by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro . It sounds very much like what you've described, with the Slavic girl dreaming of her angel, who turns out to be Dracula, who rescues her from being sold as a slave and who journeys with her to his castle. Bright red cover. Written in the late 90s rather than the 70s or 80s, but still. Anyway, you might want to give it a try.