Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Lot to add

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 288 comments Hi, I am a librarian but i can not ad books, etc.
The problem is there is a lot of "Graphic Novels/Comics" that is not on here that I would like to add, but it will be a pain to go and add each one on a thread. Is there a way I can do this myself

message 2: by Empress (last edited Aug 27, 2013 07:33AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) You do not need to be a librarian to do it yourself.

You can either post links to Amazon, or add them yourself:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/new
Please follow the Librariran Guideline.
If unsure of something ask here.

Check if the books go to the correct author. There are a lot of authors with similar names

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42499 comments Mod
Individual comics should not be added. Graphic novels are fine.

message 4: by Empress (last edited Aug 27, 2013 07:45AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Just for future reference. What about comics that are anthologies or just a few volumes containing short stories (not sure it that is a comics).

What about the manga? I know there are a lot of those around here.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42499 comments Mod
It's not the content; it's the way it's published. If published in book form (preferably with an ISBN, but that's not required), it's fine. Magazine-style is not.

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) rivka wrote: "It's not the content; it's the way it's published. If published in book form (preferably with an ISBN, but that's not required), it's fine. Magazine-style is not."

I am looking at the manual:
* periodicals and bound comic books with ISBNs
* periodicals without ISBNs but substantially similar to books (eg, perfectbound literary magazines)
* single-issue magazines and comic books on an individual and unencouraged basis, although they should be typed as "periodical" in the work: media type field

Can I get examples, or clarification between Magazine-style and book form? I'm sorry for being pain in the bum.

message 7: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 288 comments thanks. I have read the manual on how to do things correctly. just did not know how to add