Outlander (Outlander, #1) Outlander discussion

What is your favorite part in any of the books in the Outlander Series and Why? Please be aware that there may be spoilers in this discussion on the Outlander Series.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 27, 2013 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margaret I would have to say is when Jamie takes Claire to the stones and starts to see her fade and stops her and than decides to make her decide whether she goes back or stays and he waits for her at the cottage and she couldn't leave him she had go and she finds him there laying on the floor not realizing she is back until she hold his hands. And he tells her I didn't want to see you leave, I didn't want to lose you.
Oh, my goodness I didn't want her to leave him either
How could you leave a man that show you more love and believed in you even if it went against everything that he believed.

Raine Margaret wrote: "I would have to say is when Jamie takes Claire to the stones and starts to see her fade and stops her and than decides to make her decide whether she goes back or stays and he waits for her at the ..."

This scene is my favorite as well. I cry every time I read it. My next favorite scene is where Claire and Jamie are interrupted by Jamie's step-daughter, and wife. That sex scene was hot.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee are we talking outlander specifically or the series as a whole?

Christina Teilmann I thought this thread was supposed to be specifically about the first book only, Outlander. It might be advisable to not reveal content from the other books, as not everyone have read those yet. Don't wanna spoil it for future lovers of the series, do we?

Jeni I like their first night together. Bumping noses, laughing, talking...it was all so real and adorable.

Margaret Dee wrote: "are we talking outlander specifically or the series as a whole?"

Name the book in the series and the part that you love most from the book..

Margaret Christina wrote: "I thought this thread was supposed to be specifically about the first book only, Outlander. It might be advisable to not reveal content from the other books, as not everyone have read those yet. Do..."

I changed the question, so the answer can be from any book from the series. This way we don't need to open another thread for each book ... But remember to say why you had thought it to be the best part of the book for you.

Margaret gertt wrote: "True...I deleted my comment.

There are too many great scenes to have just one favorite."

Yes, I have many also... But there is always one that stays with you, when you cry, or you laugh, or when you find yourself so angry at what was happening around the characters or with the characters themselves. A part of the series that you were able to relate to more than other parts. The point is to see if other readers of the series felt the same or different and to share their favorite part.

Margaret I have changed this discussion a little by making it a Outlander Series Question. Don't forget to put the name of the book from the series that your writing about and the part that you loved, or the one that sticks to you the most, or the one that you can relate to and Why.... Let the discussions begin...

Joana My favourite books so far were Outlander and Voyager, and even though there are SO many great scenes (I find myself re-reading so many scenes, over and over) but I have to say my heart nearly exploded with joy after Claire goes back to find Jamie in Voyager..their separation was such a sad deep moment for me to read, that I couldn't control my hapiness when they found each other again

message 11: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Iciek Joana wrote: "My favourite books so far were Outlander and Voyager, and even though there are SO many great scenes (I find myself re-reading so many scenes, over and over) but I have to say my heart nearly explo..."

I agree. I often reread when Claire finds Jamie in the Edinburgh print shop he owned. I have the book in paper, but I also bought it on my kindle so I can have it with me when I travel, if I feel the urge to read it again.

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee here's the thing, by tagging it just as Outlander - ppl who have ONLY read outlander are going to see it and later books could be spoiled for them...we just had that happen in the Outlander group - someone reading Dragonfly in Amber for the first time asked a question, and someone said what happened in Voyager (a major spoiler) and potentially ruined the read of the book

Margaret Dee wrote: "here's the thing, by tagging it just as Outlander - ppl who have ONLY read outlander are going to see it and later books could be spoiled for them...we just had that happen in the Outlander group -..."

I understand what you mean ... but I would hope that the spoiler didn't spot you from reading the book. I hope that most people would state that there may be spoiler before you read it. I, personal haven't ever stop reading a book because of a spoiler and sometime it can also encourage you to read the book it.
To find out exactly what happen or why a person may feel that way about a certain part. The idea is to write what part you liked the best in the book and why.. What makes that part of the book stick to you.

Margaret Dee wrote: "here's the thing, by tagging it just as Outlander - ppl who have ONLY read outlander are going to see it and later books could be spoiled for them...we just had that happen in the Outlander group -..."

After reading you comment, I added that there may be spoilers in this discussion, so hopeful anyone that
would like to discuss their favorite part can and anyone who has not read all the books in series will now know that there will be spoilers.
The discussion is also to understand why someone may like a certain part, if they feel a connection to the part they are speaking of, or how it touch them.

Margaret gertt wrote: "True...I deleted my comment.

There are too many great scenes to have just one favorite."

Yes, there are many great scenes in the books, but isn't there one that sticks to you, one scene that you'll think about and makes you want to read it again or makes you have wonderful dreams at night. Come on there has to be some part of the book that gives your heart an extra beat, more tears rolling down your face, makes you so angry you want to scream, or that you just can't believe what is happening, more than any other part in the book. And why did it????

Margaret Eileen wrote: "Joana wrote: "My favourite books so far were Outlander and Voyager, and even though there are SO many great scenes (I find myself re-reading so many scenes, over and over) but I have to say my hear..."

I liked that part also, especially when Jamie passes out and wets his pants.. I'm sure I would have done the same thing if I thought I was seeing a ghost.