Fantasy Romance discussion

Stop by and Say 'Hello!' > Totally unrelated

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ok this is totally unrelated to our beloved Mer but can anyone enlighten me on all this "keep calm" stuff I keep seeing? What is it.. Where does it come from? I feel like I've just crawled our from under a rock and I'm the only one who doesn't get it..Lol

message 2: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments According to Wikipaedia . . .

Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 several months before the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the aftermath of widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities. It had only limited distribution with no public display, and thus was little known. It was rediscovered in 2000, has been re-issued by a number of private companies, and has been used as the decorative theme for a range of products. . . .

There have been untold knock-offs since the poster was rediscovered. Some of them have been quite clever; others, not so much.

S.K.'s version advises us to Keep Calm & Read The Marked Ones. It is virtually impossible to keep calm whilst reading The Marked Ones!

message 3: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Here's a note to all mermaids & wannabe's:
There's a professional mermaid in Florida who was in a bad boating accident and could use your support.

https://www.facebook.com/helpmermaids...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Howard wrote: "According to Wikipaedia . . .

Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 several months before the beginning of the Second World War, intended to r..."

There's a link to a site that generates them, by the look of it so you can personalise anything.
And CALM? With 4 days to go? Not happening!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I was watching a show on tv the other night about hump back whales and I said to my hubby "oh look at their flukes" and he was like... What? I said the end of their tales and he said how did you know that ha ha, first time I've had one up on him.. Little does he know I only know that from reading to many YA mermaid fictions ha ha ha

message 6: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments "Look at the flukes on that babe!" said one merman to the other.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
You guys are flukin hilarious

message 8: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 597 comments Mod
LOL! Think Jen just gave me a 'cuss' alternative when my little mermaids are naughty-corner bound!