Ask Nenia Campbell discussion

Social chats > Best literary character to date? Worst literary character to date?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
I think it would be really fun to go on a date with most of the characters from Jane Austen novels. <3

Heathcliff, on the other hand, would scare the crap out of me. I would probably pretend my mother was calling me and run home. D:

message 2: by Abdul (new)

Abdul | 46 comments I have not read a whole bunch of books, but to date I like ...

His Excellency Horace Hussein Bury. (Mote in God's Eye)

I'd like to be called "His Excellency" one day when I grow up :-)

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 29, 2013 11:13AM) (new)

Worst (IMHO):
Alex from A Clockwork Orange

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments I would like to date Matthew Shardlake (the Shardlake series by C.J. Sansom)

Bertie Wooster would have been nice too but I'm afraid Jeeves would get rid off me before I can say "What-ho!" (the Jeeves series by P.G. Wodehouse)

Plenty fictional guys from whom I would run away screaming. As Loki mentioned A Clockwork Orange's Alex and his droogs, Nenia's Gavin and any other crazy pants.

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
Omg I forgot about Alex. HE WOULD BE THE WORST. So would that dude in American Psycho.

I need to read the Jeeves series. It sounds adorable.

message 6: by Abdul (new)

Abdul | 46 comments Holy crikey!! I thought "to date" means "till now" ... like of all the books you've read "till now" ... which character do you like best. Didn't realize that to date = being romantically attracted to.

My reply would suggest that I am attracted to old rich arab men. How can I undo this huh?! ;-0

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Abdul wrote: "Holy crikey!! I thought "to date" means "till now" ... like of all the books you've read "till now" ... which character do you like best. Didn't realize that to date = being romantically attracted ..."

It’s all right, you cleared that up. :)

Female worst is a tossup:
Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
Annie Wilke from Misery by Stephen King

message 8: by Abdul (new)

Abdul | 46 comments Phew!!

Not that there would be anything wrong with that. (:

Oh my God, seriously. Ratched and Wilkes would take psycho ex-girlfriend to new and terrifying levels.

message 10: by Abdul (new)

Abdul | 46 comments I suppose I would consider a relationship with old rich arab men provided its platonic and he buys me a Ferrari (how many rrr's in Ferrari?). Ok maybe even a Leica rangefinder and I'm good to go. ;-0

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nenia wrote: "Not that there would be anything wrong with that. (:

Oh my God, seriously. Ratched and Wilkes would take psycho ex-girlfriend to new and terrifying levels."

Yes indeed. Both of them scare the living crap out of me. The boogey man has NOTHING on Ratched or Wilkes!

LOL. True dat.