What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Warriors-esque book series but with birds; NOT Guardians of Ga'hoole

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kira (new)

Kira (kirayeversky) | 4 comments I'm asking this for a friend who does not use goodreads, so I hope that's okay! Here's what she says about it:

"A while ago I read a book that was part of a rather good-sized series that was about birds. It's an older one; my mother enjoyed it when she was young, so I guess the series was around in the seventies or eighties, at least. ANYWAY. The series was sort of... Warriors-esque, or even Redwall, only all the characters were birds.

OH- I remember another thing- the Sparrowhawk was the bad guy."

Through process of elimination (based on previous suggestions) we have determined that it is not:
The Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky
Swordbird by Nancy Yi Fan
Hawksong (or any other book) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

message 2: by bookel (last edited Aug 26, 2013 04:02PM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments The ancient solitary reign by Martin Hocke

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
The Ancient Solitary Reign is the click for BKL. (And BKL--you seem to read even more strange and weird books than I do.) :o)

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Where do people go so soon after asking a book query? :)

I hope that's the one. I read it from my high school library and think there's a sequel from previous searching online.

It is good sized. (Thick.)

And memorable.

message 5: by Kira (new)

Kira (kirayeversky) | 4 comments Ah, sorry! I had posted a reply but it apparently didn't submit. I asked my friend, and I guess that isn't it. It sounds cool though, so maybe they will like that as well. Thank you both anyway!

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Guardians of Ga'Hoole

message 7: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Not Ga'hoole (see subject line).
No worries, should be able to find it though. Will look later.

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments What were the main bird species in the series?

Did you rule out anything by Colin Dann?

By good sized do you mean thick books or long series?

message 9: by Kira (new)

Kira (kirayeversky) | 4 comments So apparently it is not by Colin Dann. The birds were mainly small birds of all kinds; songbirds, but not focused on any one species. It sounds like it was a long series (with many books) rather than a few thick books.

(Sorry to be so long between replies, I really appreciate your help!)

message 10: by bookel (new)

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Kira, are you still looking for this?

message 12: by Kira (new)

Kira (kirayeversky) | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Kira, are you still looking for this?"

Sadly, no...the friend I was asking on behalf of was someone I met through another website, and they disappeared quite a while ago. So even if I got more suggestions, I wouldn't be able to pass them on. :(
Do I need to do anything to move this out of the active questions? Sorry, I should have done that earlier.

message 13: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Taken care of Kira.