The Backlot Gay Book Forum discussion

Contemporary Romance Discussions > The Trouble with Tony by Eli Easton

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 373 comments The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1) by Eli Easton
The Trouble With Tony

As part of the investigation into the murder of a young woman, Seattle P.I. Tony DeMarco poses as a patient of Dr. Jack Halloran, the therapist who treated the victim at a Seattle sex clinic. This isn’t the first time Tony has gone undercover, but it’s the first time he’s wanted to go under cover with one of his suspects. He can’t help it—Jack Halloran is just the kind of steely-eyed hero Tony goes for. But he’ll have to prove Halloran’s innocence and keep the doctor from finding out about his ruse before he can play Romeo.

Dr. Halloran has his own issues, including a damaged right arm sustained in the line of duty as a combat surgeon in Iraq and the PTSD that followed. He’s confused to find himself attracted to a new patient, the big, funny Italian with the puppy-dog eyes, and Tony’s humor slips right past Jack’s defenses, making him feel things he thought long buried. But can the doctor and the P.I. find a path to romance despite the secrets between them?

Another winner from Eli Easton if you ask me! this is her third story I read and I have been pleased with each one of them. This is different from Superhero but if you enjoyed her writing on that and perhaps The Lion and the Crow you may enjoy this one:

I found this a very entertaining and full of chuckles read with a light touch of medical kink.

In this story we have Tony DiMarco who used to be a Seattle PD detective but after getting shot in the leg quit the police and became a private investigator. He has been hired by a family to investigate the death of their 28 year old daughter. As part of this investigation Tony is led to the "Expanding Horizons" sex clinic where the victim was undergoing treatment.

Tony first visits the clinic under the pretense that he is a sex addict but after meeting take-no-bullshit Dr. Jack Halloran he quickly fesses up to his real affliction. Dr. Jack Halloran used to be an Army surgeon but after being injured in the line of fire he can no longer perform surgery. So he had to quit the service and find a new career. This is how he came to be a sex counselor at this clinic. He feels damaged and only a reflection of who he used to be.

This story is chock-full of sexual euphemisms. Plus even though Tony's very stereotypical Italian family lives across the U.S. it is a source of hilarious dialogue. What I liked about this book is that even though it is a short story, it has a nice plot and the characters are three dimensional. I look forward to reading the next installment.

KindleRomance Reviews Great review/summary Mercedes! I loved this book. I've never read a book set in a sex clinic, and I thought it definitely made it interesting!