Speaker Geeks! discussion

Ethical Debates > Lying

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Is it okay to lie? If it is who is it acceptable to lie to?

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 175 comments well im really lazy now... and i think Lia has besically answered evrything.... (took the words righ toutta my mouth!)

so I agree with Lia.

;)

message 3: by Anuj (new)

Anuj Shrivastava we cannot live without lie , we need it either its good or bad,

message 4: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 131 comments I think there is not a single person on earth who does not lie. Some do out of habit and for some it is necessity. But a lie crosses its boundry when because of it someone else life gets effected. A lie can be good when saving self while in danger but the same lie becomes a threat when putting someone else in danger.

So I think it depends on the type of "lie" . Good or bad is the motive.

message 5: by Damini (new)

Damini | 5 comments As everyone has said, it depends. The kind of lie you're speaking decides whether it is acceptable or not. Like a doctor consoling a patient that he'll be fine, even though he/she has some critical disease, is just fine- we call it white lie since it doesn't affect anyone.
I think until your lies are harmful to any person, it is okay and acceptable. Sometimes its even necessary to lie. But there are some people who lie out of habit and those things become really annoying at times and are hardly acceptable.

message 6: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 91 comments Mod
It's a fine line, sure. But I think many people have the grasp of what lies are okay and which are malicious.

message 7: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 91 comments Mod
H99 wrote: "ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "It's a fine line, sure. But I think many people have the grasp of what lies are okay and which are malicious."

Yup. especially if it's for the greater good, ..."

Well said :)