Douglas County Libraries RA Group discussion

Form Based RA?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 47 comments Mod
Natalie and I attended a recent CAL sponsored RA Workshop where one of the topics was form-based reader's advisory (those interactive online forms for patrons to fill out). The next day Joelle Hein and I attended an ALA Webinar about Form based RA. . . . So this is a subject that seems to be everywhere, and some of us are thinking it might be time to give it a try here at DCL.

We are wondering, of course, how many of you would be interested in helping. Would you be interested in helping make reading lists for patrons? Which genres do you read? Which age groups? Do you know of anyone not involved with this group who you think would be interested in this sort of thing?

Lastly, do you have any ideas of which libraries are doing a particularly good job at this, any models you don't like?

Let us know!

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 11 comments I would be interested, if PSTs are able to be involved. I read a lot of YA and Children's books, and a little bit of adult's--mostly fantasy and paranormal-type stuff, with odds and ends mixed in from every other genre, courtesy of my book group.

message 3: by Lainie (new)

Lainie | 21 comments I would also be interested in participating (assuming the Dept Head would be ok with it). I imagine that Terri here at LT might also be interested. Not sure about others, but I can always sound people at LT and CAP out a bit more.

I also read a lt of YA (just about every genre) and am a regular reader of investigative mysteries and literary fiction in the adult realm.