The Runaway King (Ascendance, #2) The Runaway King question

What did you think about the book?!?!
Connie Connie (last edited Aug 25, 2013 07:52PM ) Aug 25, 2013 07:42PM
I thought Ronan wasn't really a bad guy. All he wanted was to be the king of that place, but in the end he didn't kill Jarien. I was proud of him, he wasn't that bad. I thought it was wrong to flee the country and become a pirate! In the end Ronan made the right trust.But did that decision cost any other intention? Did Ronan really wanted to come back to kingdom or is he planning to try to destroy the country?

I question everyone... if you were a king of a country and you betrothed to marry a princess and you loved someone. What would have you choose? Did Jarien really let go on Imogen? They are best friends and they know each other very well. They would have sacrifice for one another and all of that.

Do you really think Jarien can protect the country this year? If so what kind of decision will you think he will make?!

I'm not joking, this book attracted me from the first page. I'm exaggerating a little, but... I loved the beginning. It had a AMAZING HOOK!

Jazz (last edited Aug 26, 2013 10:18AM ) Aug 26, 2013 10:16AM   0 votes
I loved this book but not as much as the first book, but it's because they had many different aspects from The Runaway King that you couldn't relate to the The False Prince.

Question 1: I believe Ronan really wants to come back to the kingdom and honestly as much as I might have thought initially that this might be a trick, this is where he truly needs to be and I believe he realizes that.

Question 2:Hmmm, if I were king....Well just taken into account that King Eckbert married someone who was not of royal lineage, I can honestly see Jaren marrying Imogen regardless of her title and no one would even care about his decision because she could pass as a queen. The only problem is the princess (I can't remember how to spell her name). The thing is, what Jaren feels for her isn't love and will never be love and she's aware of it. The only one somewhat oblivious is Jaren. Which honestly with war approaching, I can understand his feelings plus he's still a young man.

Question 3:I believe Jaren can protect the country but it's going to take a lot of thinking and support from the pirates (cough), if they will help, and perhaps some new characters. I honestly can't figure out what kind of decision Jaren will make, but that's the whole point of the story, to never know but find out in the end.

I can understand you when you say it attracted you from the first page. I listened to the audiobook for the first one so I thought it would be hard reading the second book. I was so drawn to it, I found myself so upset that I finished it so quickly.

March 2014 come by quickly.....but not too quickly.