Jesus Freaks for Writers discussion

Hello! > Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 373 (373 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Brianna (briannagpeterson) | 109 comments Mod
I'm Brianna! I started telling stories to myself after my favorite quarterback, Tom Brady tore his knee in '08. I decided that my siblings and I, along with my cousins would be the heroes and save the Patriots season. Not after that I began telling them to my younger siblings. I told them for about two years before one of them suggested I write them down. Those stories turned into my first work of art: Brady and the Kids. It slowly morphed into something I would never have dreamed possible. Now, in probably less than a year, I'll have it published!
There's plenty more stories that I'll share with you but that can be for beginners. :)

message 2: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Lena (lenakarynn) | 1526 comments Mod
Hey!! I'm Lena!

I'm a homeschooled Christian teen. I enjoy reading, writing, and dancing. I'm currently writing several books, all falling under the supergenre Speculative fiction.

message 3: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Lena wrote: "Hey!! I'm Lena!

I'm a homeschooled Christian teen. I enjoy reading, writing, and dancing. I'm currently writing several books, all falling under the supergenre Speculative fiction."

Hey Lena! Great to have you here! I actually forgot about this group for quite a while.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is Speculative fiction? :P

message 4: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Thanks!!
Spec-fic includes fantasy, sci-fi, horror, alternate history, etc.

message 5: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Glad you joined, Ysa!! :)

message 6: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Ysa wrote: "Hello!
My name is Ysa Rivas, and I'm almost 15 years old... eh, let's pretend I'm 15 already ;D
First and foremost, I am dedicated to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who somehow loves me in spite..."

Great to meet you, Ysa! Can't wait to get to know you better!
Oh, and just for the record, I'm mostly crazy, so there. :P

message 7: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 15 comments Helloo, Caitlyn here! XD

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Hello all. :) I'm Catherine!

I like reading, writing, music, and listening to people's problems! :D

message 9: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome, Caitlyn and Catherine!! Great to have you! ;)

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Thanks Lena! :)

message 11: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 36 comments Hey y'all! I'm Kathleen, a homeschooled writer from Pennsylvania:)I'm crazy for Jesus and hope to meet more people crazy for Him! I'm currently writing a book about Mary & Joseph, from the point of view of Mary (Miriam). I'm so happy to find this group!

message 12: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome Kathleen! Glad you joined!! :) I'm also writing a retelling of the Christmas story! Great minds! ;)

message 13: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Hello everyone! I'm the other moderator and creator of the group. Good to meet everyone! Thank Lena for getting this group up and going! I'm not always on top of things. :P
Can't wait to hear your stories and hear more about each of you!

message 14: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 36 comments I'm glad this group has that in common(that some authors are retelling biblical stories)! While I enjoy writing (and reading) sci-fi, historical and fantasy fiction, I'm glad we have that in common! I'll be posting an excerpt soon!

message 15: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Great!! I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you're writing!! :)

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Kilsby (realitywriter) | 18 comments Welcome to everyone and Hello, nice to meet you all :D

message 17: by Isobel (new)

Isobel Hello everyone! I'm Isobel and I love reading, writing, fangirling and praising God. I also run a group and I'd love you guys to check it out :)
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 18: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome Isobel! So glad you joined! :)

message 19: by Isobel (new)

Isobel Lena wrote: "Welcome Isobel! So glad you joined! :)"

Thanks for recommendng it :)

message 20: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Adorno (danieladorno) | 96 comments Hi everyone, I'm Daniel Adorno and I'm a Christian specfic author/reader. I recently published my first novel and I'm working on my next one. I love that there is a strong Christian community of writers on Goodreads and I look forward to connecting with as many believers on here as possible! :D

message 21: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Hey Daniel! Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Btw, guys, check out his book, The Blade Heir. It's amazing!!

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Adorno (danieladorno) | 96 comments Lena wrote: "Hey Daniel! Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Btw, guys, check out his book, The Blade Heir. It's amazing!!"

Thanks, Lena. So glad you're enjoying it :)

message 23: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

No prob! It's great!

message 24: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Melanie wrote: "Welcome to everyone and Hello, nice to meet you all :D"

I'm sorry, Melanie! I somehow missed you! Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! :)

message 25: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Welcome all of the new members! I've been on a little vaca with my family, so I haven't had a chance to be on here for a little while. Have lots of fun!!! I look forward to meeting everyone!

message 26: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zoeblife) Hi my name is Zoe. I am a homeschooled teen and Jesus is my life! <3 I love reading and writing and thanks to Lena for inviting me to this group!

message 27: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (last edited Sep 21, 2014 08:12PM) (new)

Hey Zoe!! Thanks so much for joining! Feel free to invite friends!! :)

message 28: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome Sarah! Wonderful that you joined! :)

message 29: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

It's great to have you, Ashley! Make yourself at home! :)

message 30: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) Hello, my name is Faith Blum. I was homeschooled my whole life and I loved it. I was invited by Sarah, so I'd like to thank her for the invite. :)

I am the author of one published book and one that is available for preorder. I write Historical Fiction (so far). Right now, I have ideas for a million stories. Okay, maybe not quite that many, but it seems like it.

message 31: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Hello Faith! Glad you joined! I know what you mean about having ideas for a million stories!! ;)

message 32: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) Lena wrote: "Hello Faith! Glad you joined! I know what you mean about having ideas for a million stories!! ;)"

Thank you, Lena. :) I think most writers have that problem. :)

message 33: by Shantelle (last edited Sep 24, 2014 09:52AM) (new)

Shantelle Hi everyone, I'm Shantelle and thanks to Sarah for adding me to this group! :)
I'm a homeschool graduate, and have been writing stories since about eight-years-old. Love to write! :) I've recently finished a young adult fantasy novel, and am thinking about self-publishing through createspace, but am working on editing right now! :p (More info on my blog: shantellemaryh.blogspot.com)
Love to read too! I'm excited to read the books by all of you!
Thanks again for adding me to this group, Sarah!

message 34: by Brianna, So get up. Get up and FIGHT BACK. (new)

Welcome everyone! So glad you all joined! Looks like everybody is homeschooled!!

message 35: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

It does seem like we have quite a few homeschoolers!!

message 36: by Shantelle (new)

Shantelle Thanks, Ashley, that's what I've heard! :)

message 37: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 114 comments Hello, I'm Kendra. I'm also homeschooled. I've been writing stories ever since I could hold a pencil, but didn't begin writing seriously until the first of the new Narnia movies came out, and some friends and I, dissatisfied with how they did it, decided to perform our own version of it. Being the oldest, and the most adamant about the plot, I got to write it. I published my first book, a fairy tale retelling, at the age of sixteen, via CreateSpace and KDP. I've published three more books since then.

message 38: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome Kendra!! We're excited to have you!! :)

message 39: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Hi, I'm Haley. I love Jesus and am a Christian. I also love writing. I am home schooled. I am currently writing a novel that i hope will get published. I also love reading. My favorite authors are Melanie Dickerson, Rick Riordon, John Flanagan, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Lori Wick and a lot more!
BTY thanks for inviting me Lena!

message 40: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Glad you joined!! :)

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Hi Kendra and Haley! It's nice to have you! :)

message 42: by Abby (new)

Abby Hi everyone! I am Abby: A Christian, a pk, a teen and lover of books and writing. I enjoy writing historical and contemporary fiction. :)
P.S. thanks for the invite Lena! :)

message 43: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Thanks for joining!! It's great to have you!

message 44: by Abby (new)

Abby Lena wrote: "Thanks for joining!! It's great to have you!"

Pleased to be here :)

message 45: by N.N. (new)

N.N. Light (nnlight) Happy Monday everyone!

I am a new member to this fabulous group and I wanted to introduce myself and my book, Princess of the Light. My name is N. N. Light and I am the author of an inspiring urban fantasy, Princess of the Light. I first got the idea for my book one chilly morning back in 2012. It was a cold wintry morning and I was walking to the grocery store. I happened to look across the street and what I saw made me stop in my tracks. A homeless man was sitting on a curb next to the gas station. He wasn't holding a sign or asking for money. His eyes were closed and his head was uplifted to the sky. There was such a contented and happy look in his weathered face. It took my breath away.

I wondered to myself how he got to be homeless and if there was some way I could help him. I continued on with my day but my thoughts were filled with him and his plight. Could I help him? Who is he?

As the days and months passed, I saw him every day. He kept to himself and never begged for money. He walked. Yes, he walked the length of the town. Every time I saw him, I nodded and said good morning. The simple act of kindness didn't seem like a big deal to me but to him, it was as if I had given him the sun. I started leaving food and clothing for him. The more kindness I showed, the happier he appeared.

I knew in my heart it was my calling to tell his story. He isn't some nameless face; he's someone's son, brother, grandson, uncle, father, husband, and/or friend. If I had the power, I would be his protector and free him from the darkness keeping him prisoner. He would no longer be the forgotten man.

I made a promise to myself to donate part of the proceeds to food banks if my book got published. I am keeping my promise and through my marketing, people are donating to food banks on their own.

My motto for my book and for my life is spread the Light. It doesn't matter to me what your spiritual beliefs are for everyone has the Light inside them. Spreading the Light comes in many forms but it starts with being kind. :)

I am an indie author and the road to publication has been an adventure. LOL! I am learning new things every day and I am so thankful to amazing people like Lena for inviting me to this awesome group. :)

message 46: by Lena, Shot through the heart, and you're to blame (new)

Welcome!! The story behind your book is fascinating! Now I'm even more excited to read it!

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Welcome Abby! It's great to have you join!

message 48: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Welcome to the group, N.N. :)

message 49: by N.N. (new)

N.N. Light (nnlight) Lena wrote: "Welcome!! The story behind your book is fascinating! Now I'm even more excited to read it!"

YAY! I'm super excited for you to read it too. I love this group and thank you so much for inviting me. :)

message 50: by N.N. (new)

N.N. Light (nnlight) Catherine wrote: "Welcome to the group, N.N. :)"

Thank you for the warm welcome, Catherine. I am mostly a lurker but popper my head in to say hi. Have a great day! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8