quotablebookquotes discussion

Fight Club > General

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trish, IT (new)

Trish (the-bookshelf-at-the-end) | 112 comments Mod
This is the book for September! The poll was my favourite movies based on books I haven't read yet, and Fight Club won. I absolutely love the movie (it sparked my love for Edward Norton haha) and I hope that there will be some good discussions here!

I know the book is a little thin--my copy is the Henry Holt and Co. paperback which is 199 pages--so if you finish the book relatively early, we can discuss the differences between the book and movie and such :) Let me know if you've only read the book, only watched the movie, or never read or watched either!

message 2: by Emma Martine , Big Brother (new)

Emma Martine  (lundsdotter) | 6 comments Mod
I really love chuck Palahniuk, no one writes plot twists like him! I watched the film a while before reading the book, so I already knew I would like it. My copy is In Norwegian though, and I don't really like translated books, the flow doesn't translate well between english an Norwegian. Palahniuk is one of my very favourite authors, I'm actually reading another one of his books now, and am really exited to see what the rest of you think of it!

message 3: by Trish, IT (new)

Oh my gosh, I wish I was fluent in all languages so I didn't have to read translated versions... There's always some context missing or it just flow right... My struggle with Battle Royale and 1Q84 for sure, so I get that completely!

message 4: by Emma Martine , Big Brother (new)

Emma Martine  (lundsdotter) | 6 comments Mod
I've read other books by Palahniuk, which I have ordered online instead of buying it in a store, and I absolutely love the way he writes. What I hate about badly translated books is that a lot of the subtext and feeling of the words disappear.

message 5: by Trish, IT (new)

I agree Emma ^^

I finished the book right in time before the month is over. Anyone else finish? I put up a lot of quotes, so go add your own or discuss on the boards! :D