Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) Rebel Angels discussion

Simon

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Simon gets Gemma drunk and then tries to take advantage of her alone and yet she doesn't mention this for the rest of the book, and doesn't seem bothered by it. I know she had bigger fish to fry than Simon, but even when she meets him again, it's as if his indiscretion didn't happen or matter. Did Gemma even remember what happened? Does anyone else find this weird?

Shay Kay wrote: "Simon gets Gemma drunk and then tries to take advantage of her alone and yet she doesn't mention this for the rest of the book, and doesn't seem bothered by it. I know she had bigger fish to fry th..."

Thank you! Thank you for posting this! I was going crazy when I read this a couple years ago and no one in the discussions ever brought it up!

I just don't understand how she was not disturbed or unnerved by this, especially in that time period. I also questioned whether or not she remembered, but seeing him again should have stirred something.

I found it very weird and I wish it was brought up again.

message 3: by Sophie (last edited Sep 19, 2015 05:44AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sophie I agree with everything you 3 wrote here. When I read that I was sure that was the end of Simon's courting of Gemma...but no, she just carried on like nothing had happened.